Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I know this post might back-fire me once I start the slightest moaning, but I'm willing to take the risk anyway.

In my opinion, we are better off this season than last season. After the previous season, I really believed that "squad gelling", squad consistency and leadership were crucial qualities in order to succeed. I still do.

After we sold Carroll I was gutted. I still am. But at the very least, it's satisfying that he hasn't performed as well as he should (price-tag-wise) at Liverpool.

After we sold Nolan I was surprised, but undecided. I still remember some on here rating him along with A. Smith. During Championship and last season he was really important to us. His main qualities: he was at the right place at the right time - therefore scoring many goals for us - and he showed great leadership. Apart from that Nolan offers very little (without neglecting the importance of his two main qualities) as he was very immobile. I still think he had something to offer us this coming season. But after reading what seems to be an important part of the truth, offering him a 5-yr deal and £50-60K would be nothing short of madness.

After reading that NUFC had told Barton he was free to leave I was kind of surprised, because letting something go for free is something I do not associate with Ashley. But that's about it. I've always been skeptical to Barton. In my opinion (and I know some might disagree, that's ok) I can appreciate his willingness to try to fullfill whatever talent people once thought he might possess. Appreciate is probably the nicest word I will ever use with Barton. Personally, after all the trouble and drama (even the stuff he did at Man City) I'll be happy to see him go.  Aggression is certainly something to watch out for. Negative aggression is something found rarely in both Vieira and Keane. In Barton, he's like a gigantic Kinder Egg filled with unpredictability - and that's most of the time ,- unplesant unpredictability. Positive aggression, on the other hand, is something we definately should be on the look-out for. Something of the line of one of Thomas Edison's qoutes: "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." (He said this when a journalist confronted him with the fact that he'd tried - and failed - over 10,000 times before he found the solution).

So to sum up here, we've lost some EPL experience, but in terms of bodies in and out we are even - and in my opinion better off (cross my fingers that I'm right).

I'll wait until after the Fiorintina game before voting... But there better be some amazing signings in the next week and a strong performance against the Florentines to allay my fears. It's looking likley right now.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'll wait 'til after the Mackem game. A 7 at the moment. Two early losses and I think we will be in quite some danger of just falling apart on and off the pitch. I just hope we can get two good early results and pick up.