Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Got to admit I was pretty pessimistic at the start of the season, although I did think that there was too much crap at the bottom for us to go down, never in my wildest dreams did I believe we would be 15 points from safety by the start of Nov.

Baby steps ftw :thup:

In all seriousness though, with easier fixtures all to play in December, we could realistically be safe by January.

(Or, we could get 2 points from 12 and be cursing another 'opportunity missed' :lol: )

:lol: :thup: I'm another waiting for the wheels to come off. This has all been too good to be true, like.

In all seriousness though, with easier fixtures all to play in December, we could realistically be safe by January.

(Or, we could get 2 points from 12 and be cursing another 'opportunity missed' :lol: )

Edit: careful with the fixtures, chap

Apologies, thought I'd be ok with just naming a few sides we were playing within the month. Better safe than sorry I suppose though!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest GeordieAce

Madness to think at the start of the season people were fearing relegation. Here we are sitting in 4th, with 4 games to go and are in contention for a Champions League spot. What a season.

Can't believe that I - the one who normally gets some predictions right - believed we'd be in a relegation battle come the end of the season after the Barton sale. Shows that emotions can take off your brain....

Don't think anyone would have predicted how amazing Ba and Cabaye would be immediately, our incredibly sturdy defence over the first half of the season gave us a foundation and then just when we were wobbling we pulled it all back with a bit of grit. I can't believe where we are now, I would have thought at start of season we were more likely going down than challenging for 4th.

I remember when Cabaye was signed he said he was hoping we could challenge for Europe and I was thinking oh dear we tricked him into coming and he's bugger off quickly  when we get 11th :lol:

• 2 months later...