Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We'll push it close but I just can't see us losing 11 on the spin.  10 out of 11 aye. That single result, win or draw - should keep us up.

Sad to say but Dummett coming back is huge.  He has the ability to defend coupled with a strong desire to do his very best.  He would also replace one of Wilo or Raylor which is just massive. 

Although I would love it if selling Davide Santon ends up relegating us.  Such a needless and shit deal for us.

our points per game under Carver .54 - meaning to match our 2002 season points total under Sir Bobby of 71, we would have to play 132 games

:lol:  That's not impossible, we'd just have to spread the points over almost 4 seasons.

our points per game under Carver .54 - meaning to match our 2002 season points total under Sir Bobby of 71, we would have to play 132 games

He's got 5 years of his contract left, what's the problem? We'll get that elusive 72nd point to surpass Sir Bobby at Morecambe and we'll be looking back thinking what the hell were we worried about.

The only team below us that seem rather bad like us is the mackems. They're pretty the same under The Dick as they were under Poyet. I  did say before I'd swallow this season as painful as it is if we avoid relegation by a point above them and they can take their 5 in a row banner to the championship.

I think Leicester will have us next weekend, they're confident and we are the complete opposite. The big one is whether the Mackems win at home. The return of De Jong and Cisse might just nab us a couple points to keep us safe.

We're doing everything possible to take it to the last weekend though, that's how bad we are.

Where the heck people are getting this idea from that we're going to pick up points is beyond me. We've got a very thin squad, low on quality (and no motivation to play for the club anymore), with a 'head coach' who hasn't a clue, no balls, and has completely lost the plot. Good fucking luck with that.

We won't need to.

QPR are going to get six points max, which would give them 33. Burnley have to play Hull and Villa, they can't all win. All Hull's other games are ones they'd lose 99 times out of 100. Mackems have three away games they'll almost certainly lose and one of their others is Leicester.

35 points is already enough.

I'm not so sure - you would back Hull to beat Burnley at home so they just need a single point from their other 4 games, and neither Liverpool or Spurs are playing brilliantly - from the reverse fixtures this season Hull got 2 points.

Leicester should beat us and QPR

I reckon Burnley and QPR are gone, final spot is between us and the mackems.

Guest chopey

Even if we stay up next season's relagation is a formality anyway unless Ashley makes drastic changes in pre season, and then he misses out on the huge tv deal for 2016/2017.

Even if we beat them?

Good luck with that. There is zero percent of chance for us to beat them. Meanwhile if Hull lose Against Liverpool on Tuesday they might save us. I dont see them getting any points against Arsenal, Manchester UTD and Spurs.

Even if we beat them?

Good luck with that. There is zero percent of chance for us to beat them. Meanwhile if Hull lose Against Liverpool on Tuesday they might save us. I dont see them getting any points against Arsenal, Manchester UTD and Spurs.

Ugh imagine if we go down on goal difference, saving Hull and Phil Brown makes an appearance again just to sing his song.

57 goals conceded in 34 games! Almost 1,7 goals per game. The Entertainers couldn't be at top half of the table with that sort of defending.

Defending must come from the whole team starting from the first line of attack. No desire, no defence! Carver being such an a**hole you could think he could be able to fix the attitude problem, right?

If we dont draw against Leicester we are as good as down.

I don't understand why people keep saying this - unless you're being superstitious or lazy. It seems pretty clear that even if you lose all your games you're probably going to stay up.

Even if we beat them?

People love a bit of hyperbole

I don't understand why people keep saying this - unless you're being superstitious or lazy. It seems pretty clear that even if you lose all your games you're probably going to stay up.

The 4 teams just below us have averaged slightly less than a point a game. Law of averages suggests at least one will overtake us. This assumes we don't pick up anymore points of course. I mean, how likely is that?

Guest Gino14

I've been through the predictor and this simply isn't the case.  I didn't even give the lesser teams any shock results and if we don't get a point we go down with Sunderland saved.  If we get one point we stay up in a few scenarios and are down in others.  37 points pretty much guaranteed safety and 38 definitely did.  35 points though and there's definitely very few ways we stay up.  So we definitely need something and the idea we'll stay up no matter what is incorrect.  4 points from five games is all it would take most teams to overtake us on goal difference, which is more than what they're getting.

Where is our next point coming from?  That is the real issue here.  I wouldn't back Carver to get a point playing any of the local pub sides.

I've been through the predictor and this simply isn't the case.  I didn't even give the lesser teams any shock results and if we don't get a point we go down with Sunderland saved.  If we get one point we stay up in a few scenarios and are down in others.  37 points pretty much guaranteed safety and 38 definitely did.  35 points though and there's definitely very few ways we stay up.  So we definitely need something and the idea we'll stay up no matter what is incorrect.  4 points from five games is all it would take most teams to overtake us on goal difference, which is more than what they're getting.

Where is our next point coming from?  That is the real issue here.  I wouldn't back Carver to get a point playing any of the local pub sides.

If the bottom three teams don't get any shock results they will go down.