Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If we win at Aston Villa and Sunderland lose to Chelsea, both very possible if by no means guaranteed, then we go 5 points clear of the Mackems with them having a game in hand. That'd mean that they go into their game against Everton knowing that a loss means they're down, piling all the pressure on them. I'm by no means confident but we have one hell of a chance now imo.

4 points clear with a point meaning they could get above us on goal difference on the last day.

You're correct. Maths was never my strong point. :lol:

How would people feel if going into the last day it was:

17- Newcastle    36 pts

18- Norwich      35 pts

19- Sunderland  32 pts

Sunderland already relegated but Norwich able to get above us?

17- Newcastle    36 pts

18- Norwich      35 pts

19- Sunderland  32 pts

Pretty good. I haven't written Norwich off but I worry less about them picking up points.

17- Newcastle    36 pts

18- Norwich      35 pts

19- Sunderland  32 pts

Mackems are still the favourites imo so I'd bite your hand off for that scenario.

If we win at Aston Villa and Sunderland lose to Chelsea, both very possible if by no means guaranteed, then we go 5 points clear of the Mackems with them having a game in hand. That'd mean that they go into their game against Everton knowing that a loss means they're down, piling all the pressure on them. I'm by no means confident but we have one hell of a chance now imo.

4 points clear with a point meaning they could get above us on goal difference on the last day.

I'm confused?

Villa v Newcastle - away win

mackems v Chelsea - away win

Newcastle - 36 points

mackems - 32 points

mackems v Everton - away win

How can they get above us on the final day? Aye, if the Everton game is a draw they could, but the original post said loss?

I'm confused?

Villa v Newcastle - away win

mackems v Chelsea - away win

Newcastle - 36 points

mackems - 32 points

mackems v Everton - away win

How can they get above us on the final day? Aye, if the Everton game is a draw they could, but the original post said loss?

Yes KNOWING that a loss would relegate them in the Everton game. That's what the original post said. A draw would mean they could get above us if they won their final game and we lost.

Guest Howaythetoon

If we win our final 2 games we stay up IMO. I think Villa will beat us and we will beat Spurs and go down.

So people think there's a 90% chance we go down so? More like 50:50 to me

In my mind now I no longer see us as going down even though it's not in our hands. We have momentum and the difference in demeanour between Rafa and Allardyce is telling. Fat Sam looks like a man who fears the worst whereas Benitez remains calm and laser focused.

Fat Sams comments in recent days suggest that the pressure is getting to him. First the whole Palace will not try and then the comments about having to beat Chelsea. Fact is he has only really been in 1 relegation fight before and back then his team were clear favourites and all the pressure was on West Ham. This time theirs a lot of pressure on both teams, first he had to overhaul Norwich and when they did we were right behind them. I honestly think he's rattled now, he has one of the worlds best managers managing their relegation rival on top of this. I'm going to guess the guy just does not know what to say to his squad and is just hoping that things land to Defoe.

Fat Sams comments in recent days suggest that the pressure is getting to him. First the whole Palace will not try and then the comments about having to beat Chelsea. Fact is he has only really been in 1 relegation fight before and back then his team were clear favourites and all the pressure was on West Ham. This time theirs a lot of pressure on both teams, first he had to overhaul Norwich and when they did we were right behind them. I honestly think he's rattled now, he has one of the worlds best managers managing their relegation rival on top of this. I'm going to guess the guy just does not know what to say to his squad and is just hoping that things land to Defoe.

Defoe sounded like he was also under pressure after the Stoke game.  I think the 3 clubs are all under pressure and the one that handles the pressure the best will be the one that stays up.  You could see that we were feeling the pressure yesterday and that was part of the reason why the game was as close as it was.  I think we're handling it well and Rafa is making a massive difference with that.

The players will look at Rafa and see a winner and they clearly believe what he's telling them and that's a massive boost which the other two don't have.  They're hearing the same thing which got them into this position in the first place, our players are not.  Our players are being told something which has seen us go from almost certain losers to a team that doesn't accept defeat and wants to win.

When asked where sunderland would be without Defoe's goals Fat Sam managed to turn it into a dig at the other players by saying no one else was scoring any goals. He's rattled and about 3 stone heavier than his West Ham days. Clearly overeating in an effort to alleviate the stress.

It would be great if this was his and Sunderlands year, imagine it, two birds one stone. I could easily see Sunderland turning to someone shit and cultish like Pearson as well.

The Villa game is making me nervous and bricking it already. Will have sleepless nights and nightmares for sure. Just get the win. Whatever happens with the mackems and Norwich, could be dealt with later but can't fathom the thought of us failing to win at relegated Villa after all the hardwork done in the past 4 games. Villa are the worst team in the league and even as bad as Watford were yesterday, they managed to win. If Villa turn out to be this season's Derby for us, we deserve to go down.

Hopefully, in the event of a win for us against Villa and a mackems defeat, the GD can be shorten. It's a 7 goal advantage for the mackems right now but just like our win against Swansea coupled with Norwich's defeat to the mackems on the same day, it was wiped out. We should try get goals against Villa even if we're winning by atleast a 2 goal margin. Thought we could have had atleast 1 more yesterday with 1 of the late counter attacks we had. Every goal is vital now.

Hopefully, in the event of a win for us against Villa and a mackems defeat, the GD can be shorten. It's a 7 goal advantage for the mackems right now but just like our win against Swansea coupled with Norwich's defeat to the mackems on the same day, it was wiped out. We should try get goals against Villa even if we're winning by atleast a 2 goal margin. Thought we could have had atleast 1 more yesterday with 1 of the late counter attacks we had. Every goal is vital now.

Aye, I think that was why Rafa had a chat with Perez at the end. We had two great chances to get another goal that could mean a hell of a lot in two weeks.

Guest Hog

win at villa and mackems lose to Chelsea i think we will be ok, we will beat spurs last day if that happens too

I don't see where the confidence in beating Spurs comes from, they're not second in the league for no reason. Plus they're not going to want City or Arsenal to knock them in to third even if they do miss out on the league.