Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Shock horror.

Sean Dyche for starters id even say that Marco Silva probably would. Its the constant changing of system staff and formation that is killing us. No need to drop Elliot for an inferior keeper, no need to piss about with fullbacks constantly. No need to swap diame,perez etc

A settled core of players would have had us more points I do believe and the constant squad rotation is totally unnecessary

Im not completely anti Rafa by any means but I do feel hes given more of a free pass than previous managers just because of who he is.

If we get taken over and its by serious money and we do somehow stay up I would not be against sacking him and going all out for Ancelotti to be honest

Guest Howaythetoon

I actually rate Sean Dyche, but he is basically to Burnley at the moment what Moyes was to Everton back in the day, the two a perfect fit. He has been there a number of years now and has been allowed to build the club in his own image with next to no expectations and with almost complete control. He’s doing really well, great in fact, but you can not really determine whether he’s good or if this is a purple patch just yet until you remove him from this almost comfort zone. You can not compare him to Rafa and NUFC either or anyone else for that matter, I could hypothesis that KK for example would get more out of this squad in a footballing sense, but would they win more matches, concede fewer, score more goals? It’s hard to tell. We are what we are. A Championship team struggling in the top league. Rafa is undoubtedly world-class and there is an argument that he should be doing better here as such, but put the Dyche of his day in Moyes say in charge of Man Utd and what happens? Put Rafa in charge of Chelsea or Liverpool and what happens? Trophies and success. Horses for courses...

I'm a season ticket holder but last night was my first match for a few games, I thought we played well last night and deserved a point but we currently have a squad that was built to win the championship..... the premier league is poles apart

Sean Dyche, the man that got relegated in his first PL stint after a promotion, came back up to get 16th, and is now pushing on? The bloke who's had years to build what he wants?

I think folks would be wise to remember that Dyche has only had 1/3 of a really good Premier League season. I think he has promise, like, but people are massively jumping the gun with him.

Guest Howaythetoon

Sean Dyche, the man that got relegated in his first PL stint after a promotion, came back up to get 16th, and is now pushing on? The bloke who's had years to build what he wants?

I think folks would be wise to remember that Dyche has only had 1/3 of a really good Premier League season. I think he has promise, like, but people are massively jumping the gun with him.

He’s done a great job at Burnley, but Big Sam did a great job at Bolton, Moyes at Everton etc. and look how they turned out...

You cannot compare Rafa to him nor us to Burnley. It’s madness.

I actually rate Sean Dyche, but he is basically to Burnley at the moment what Moyes was to Everton back in the day, the two a perfect fit. He has been there a number of years now and has been allowed to build the club in his own image with next to no expectations and with almost complete control. He’s doing really well, great in fact, but you can not really determine whether he’s good or if this is a purple patch just yet until you remove him from this almost comfort zone. You can not compare him to Rafa and NUFC either or anyone else for that matter, I could hypothesis that KK for example would get more out of this squad in a footballing sense, but would they win more matches, concede fewer, score more goals? It’s hard to tell. We are what we are. A Championship team struggling in the top league. Rafa is undoubtedly world-class and there is an argument that he should be doing better here as such, but put the Dyche of his day in Moyes say in charge of Man Utd and what happens? Put Rafa in charge of Chelsea or Liverpool and what happens? Trophies and success. Horses for courses...

I think the comparison to Moyes is spot on, although you could argue Moyes was probably under more pressure than Dyche as he was at a bigger club. I think the low expectations of being at a big club is underestimated, this counts for players as well as managers. Someone like Diame for example, would probably find it a lot easier to express himself at a club like Bolton than in front of a 52k crowd at St James. Rafa is big enough to handle a club this size, and not every manager is.

I'm an 8 based on the fact that the takeover won't happen. I think as it stands we obviously aren't the worst team but when the takeover doesn't happen, Rafa leaves, confidence is sapped and injuries pile up I think it will crumble. A lot rides on the takeover, not for money for January as I don't think there will be time for that now, but in terms of keeping our manager and instilling some confidence in players.

This aged well.

Has it been announced then?

Might as well get comfortable as we're not leaving it for the rest of the season.

We'll be out in January I reckon.

Don't see how. It will still be Ashley controlling the purse strings which means little to no money being spent.

Might as well get comfortable as we're not leaving it for the rest of the season.

We'll be out in January I reckon.

Don't see how. It will still be Ashley controlling the purse strings which means little to no money being spent.

If we can get back to being solid with a three man midfield we might start sneaking 1-0 wins again.