Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

What's really ridiculous is we're only three points behind 11th.

7 of the bottom half lost this week, and only 1 team won.

Going to be everyone bar the normal and Watford, Saints and Burnley. So shite.

Everton have enough quality and a bit of momentum now, they'll be fine too. But yeah, everyone in the bottom half is in danger.

Aye, I probably should have said. They were never going down anyway.

Leicester have a £20m midfielder already for Jan who is straight on for them.

Thing is, even if we get a takeover and buy players the squad needs a good 3-4 players, possibly even 5. Who knows how much that is these days, but whatever the cost is someones gonna have to fucking pay it at this rate because I really do not think there are many, if any, squads worse than ours.

Thing is, even if we get a takeover and buy players the squad needs a good 3-4 players, possibly even 5. Who knows how much that is these days, but whatever the cost is someones gonna have to f***ing pay it at this rate because I really do not think there are many, if any, squads worse than ours.

What ?

I think our odds are based soley on the thoughts that a takeover will transform us. Swansea are rightly favourites, Huddersfield WBA and Brighton have been in as bad form as us with little quality to call upon also. Palace though seem to have turned the corner a little and I would personally drop them a couple of spots on that list to where we are. Surprised Stoke aren't higher up.

'9' for me as of tonight. I believe the damage has already been done, regardless of the takeover happening or not.

Agree that last night was damaging but there's a lot of football to play, especially if we spend quickly in January.

This is a dismal run mind, losing to fucking Allardyce-ball and all :anguish:

We're also in one of those runs where nothing whatsoever goes for you and everything goes wrong when we make mistakes. That won't last forever.

9. As it stands this squad is almost down, they're crumbling under the pressure, inexperienced with no real leaders bar Lascelles.

If Rafa can bring in some impact players, an experienced goal keeper, immediate goals with a striker and one or two elsewhere (LB, midfielder) maybe even some loans deals, which they may have to be at this stage we should be ok. A few quality additions will give everyone a lift and we're not cut adrift at the bottom at all.

5 with additions

I did a predicted points haul by month, at the start of the season based on the relative difficulty of the games (we had a easier start than end to the season, on paper). I can’t seem to quote this (but see 4th November post in this thread for breakdown). Basically, if we stay behind the predictions, by the same margin (achieve 58% of predicted points), then we’re looking at a 29 point haul, rather than 51 points.  :-X

The problem with this current team, is I don't see it as a rank run of form as such.  Just that the team is that bad, we are playing up to our ability. 

It isn't like there are quality players to come back from injury, or we have been playing well earlier in the season.  For all that we were fairly solid, we have only really scraped a few wins and lost a load of close games.  This run has just been terrible and is gradually getting worse.  There isn't really a lot of bad luck to blame.  Just mistakes, individually and collectively and a squad that isn't fit for purpose. 

Just to keep repeating what everyone is saying.  Without significant investment, where are the points going to come from?!