Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We need a couple wins before the transfer window if possible, get as close to 20 points by mid season.

We have alot of bottom 1/3 teams to play in January / early Feb. So a couple of quality signings could get this season back on track.

It’s a definite ten unless this takeover happens. Team is absolutely woeful in just about every area of pitch. Think some people have their heads stuck in the sands if they think we will get out of this.  1 win in 11 games and 6 points out of 33 and let’s be honest we have had a lot of winnable games in that spell. The lack of quality in that squad is frightening.

5 means there’s a 50/50 chance we go down, I feel that’s accurate.

Aye, 5. I don't understand all the people panicking with 7+ scores. If January comes and goes and we've not changed ownership/spent any money then we can panic to the high heavens.

Despite our utter crap form we are still only 3 points from 10th place.

6 losses and a draw in the last 7 games and we have got a -9 goal difference.  Everton are currently 10th with the same gd.

I just voted zero, as in no chance we'll go down - we might finish a depressingly abysmal 15th though. I'll guess at 12th or maybe even 11th though.

The problem I'm having is we need more points on the board before we get the new faces in. We've 15 points. If we're to wait until say mid to late January before signing someone then we're gonna need a least another couple of wins between now and then and at the minute we look weak as fuck.

For me it all relies on Lascelles coming back and making us more solid at the back because I think we've enough goals to sneak a couple of wins (we'd have won yesterday and West Brom with 2 goals and Lascelles imo). Get a few more points on board then prepare for the last few months of the season in January.

These are our league games between now and transfer deadline day, I reckon without new faces we could get around 9 points:

Everton (h) - draw

Arsenal (a) - loss

West Ham (a) -  draw

Man City (h) - loss

Brighton (h) - win

Stoke (a) - draw

Swansea (h) - win

Man City (a) - loss

5 - still too early to tell. We're still at the stage of the season where one win can make a dramatic difference.

5/6

I'm more in line with the above. As shit as we've been recently we're not in the bottom three yet and haven't been cut adrift. A couple of results with the way the table is and things could look very different.

Benitez needs to patch and tighten this side up and crawl into January before signings must be made. Lascelles will make a big difference returning as we are soft as shit without him.

We’re beginning to follow a familiar pattern which leads to relegation. Not good enough players struggling likely to be compounded by a poor transfer window. Very worrying.

I forgot to add above that if we dont bring any players in in Jan or have the usual farce I'm a 9-9.5/10

Utter shite from everyone at the club. The players are rank, the club is caught in a buyout which is negatively impacting, the manager is a currently a busted flush and the supporters are too scared to say anything in case of upsetting him or making the situation worse (not sure how it can get worse mind) so we're sleepwalking to another relegation.

As it stands its nailed on. Something has to change, owner, manager or players...if it all stays the same we're going down. Pray to whatever god you find soothing that the takeover happens in time for Rafa to get some decent wedge in the window, however i doubt it'll be enough, he'll still struggle to attract anyone decent with the situation we will find ourselves in come the window...we'll be in the relegation zone looking back at one of our worst runs in the premier league, it'll make Pardew's Welsh town seem like a dream.

Utter s**** from everyone at the club. The players are rank, the club is caught in a buyout which is negatively impacting, the manager is a currently a busted flush and the supporters are too scared to say anything in case of upsetting him or making the situation worse (not sure how it can get worse mind) so we're sleepwalking to another relegation.

As it stands its nailed on. Something has to change, owner, manager or players...if it all stays the same we're going down. Pray to whatever god you find soothing that the takeover happens in time for Rafa to get some decent wedge in the window, however i doubt it'll be enough, he'll still struggle to attract anyone decent with the situation we will find ourselves in come the window...we'll be in the relegation zone looking back at one of our worst runs in the premier league, it'll make Pardew's Welsh town seem like a dream.

:lol:

It's not much and we're talking fine margins here but it's worth pointing out again that after yesterday only Stoke of the clubs in the bottom half of the league have scored more goals than us.

Defending and keeping things suitably tight is our problem, it's normally the teams that can't score that get relegated.

It's not much and we're talking fine margins here but it's worth pointing out again that after yesterday only Stoke of the clubs in the bottom half of the league have scored more goals than us.

Defending and keeping things suitably tight is our problem, it's normally the teams that can't score that get relegated.

I think Lascelles and even Dummett coming back should see us looking more solid at the back. A new keeper and a striker and I think we should just have enough to survive.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s ironic as we are starting to score more, we concede more, where as early on we were scoring less but conceding fewer. A balance is clearly needed. I’m worried no matter what happens in January, the damage will have already been done from the summer. I’m at a 7 at the moment with this team as it’s simply not good enough. Leicester didn’t really do much but they were a threat all game and seemed to cause us problems without being great. We are making costly mistakes all over the pitch as well which doesn’t help.