Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

What worried me most about tonight was the palpable lack of character. Have come to expect the opposite from this group of players.

I think two or three high quality signings will lift the players massively. Too much responsibility resting on a squad that's not good enough in some crucial areas and they know it. Put a new striker in, a gk, and maybe a quality midfielder and the rest of them will probably raise their game to match. Confidence is everything.

If we got relegated but had the takeover, with a promise of ambition, would Rafa stay?

If we go down he deserves to be sacked...infact if we lose the next 3 he deserves to be sacked as losing 10 from 11 games is a sackable offence

Who would you bring in then, should we lose the next 3 games, 2 of which are against Arsenal and Manchester City?

If we got relegated but had the takeover, with a promise of ambition, would Rafa stay?

If we go down he deserves to be sacked...infact if we lose the next 3 he deserves to be sacked as losing 10 from 11 games is a sackable offence

:pards:

:lol:

So he is impregnable is he?....He will be on Carver esque runs of losing whenw e lose the next 3 and if Pardew or McLaren or the licking man had them runs they would be crucified

But oh no its rafa so he isn't to blame

So he is impregnable is he?....He will be on Carver esque runs of losing whenw e lose the next 3 and if Pardew or McLaren or the licking man had them runs they would be crucified

Mong.

Er, I think this is the bit some have an issue with.

Again what sort of losing run do we have to go on before he is questioned...8..9...10...15  how many??

Again what sort of losing run do we have to go on before he is questioned...8..9...10...15  how many??

I'd wait until after January personally, then see what he can do with a squad he's happy with.

Obviously you'd have to be stupid to want him sacked.

He's not the next coming of Jesus. He can't perform miracles. We have a championship quality squad that is destined for the championship. No manager could change that.

At the same time I think Rafa hasn't covered himself in glory with some things. What I don't like the most of all the few problems I'd have is he's given too much hints that he thinks his players are completely useless in the public, he's 100% correct of course because the squad is shit, but I'd be very careful about giving any hints of that opinion if I was the manager because damaged player morale won't help at all.

I'd wait until after January personally, then see what he can do with a squad he's happy with.

Could be too late by then and what sort of quality player is going to want to come to a team that in all fairness could be bottom of the league by then

We've been over this loads of times on here, Ashley has given Rafa a Rally car to finish an F1 race.  Its not going to happen, you can blame Rafa all you want but he isn't to blame for the serious lack of funding he needs to make sure this club stays in the prem.

I think we and especially Rafa has the know how on how to approach games its just we lack the players to follow his plans and the squad depth to cope with injuries and suspensions.

He's being questioned now. You're on about sacking him.

Who would you like to replace him with, out of interest?

We've been over this loads of times on here, Ashley has given Rafa a Rally car to finish an F1 race.  Its not going to happen, you can blame Rafa all you want but he isn't to blame for the serious lack of funding he needs to make sure this club stays in the prem.

I think we and especially Rafa has the know how on how to approach games its just we lack the players to follow his plans and the squad depth to cope with injuries and suspensions.

So he cant be questioned about some seriously baffling decisions such as the goalkeeper situation and his transfer business, Yes he had pennies to play with but hes wasted them pennies on absolute shite to be fair

Manquillo,Murphy,Joselu there is 20m worth of utter shit

Im not saying he is totally to blame but you cannot absolve him completely of the way things are at the moment

What goalkeeper situation? That he wanted a new one, because the ones we have are utter shite? But wasn’t backed so ended up playing a fat mess who can’t get down to shots. Then replaced him due to shit form, with a keeper who appears to play with grease on his gloves. Who has somehow been even worse.

Sack him for that alone, TBH.

So he cant be questioned about some seriously baffling decisions such as the goalkeeper situation and his transfer business, Yes he had pennies to play with but hes wasted them pennies on absolute s**** to be fair

Manquillo,Murphy,Joselu there is 20m worth of utter s***

Im not saying he is totally to blame but you cannot absolve him completely of the way things are at the moment

he had to spend the money on bulking the squad up for the prem, I'm not sure what else he could have done.

I'm not saying he is blameless but he hasn't got or has very little to actually work with.

Could be too late by then and what sort of quality player is going to want to come to a team that in all fairness could be bottom of the league by then

Who else do you think would have a better chance of attracting quality players if not a world class manager such as Rafa? Do you even bother to think these things through?

So he cant be questioned about some seriously baffling decisions such as the goalkeeper situation and his transfer business, Yes he had pennies to play with but hes wasted them pennies on absolute shite to be fair

Manquillo,Murphy,Joselu there is 20m worth of utter shit

He's not even been here a season and is a kid. Absolutely ridiculous comment

And has actually shown promise since being given some starts. :lol:

Who would you have spent said pennies on, dean? As I'm sure your sixth and seventh choice targets must be so much better than the sixth and seventh choice targets Rafa had to settle on.

EDIT: Fuck off. Why am I even engaging this tablespoon.