Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest firetotheworks

Well yeah, but again McClaren and Pellegrino weren't/aren't getting what they should have out of those squads. Both shouldn't be in the position they were/are in. Us in 12/13 is probably one of the best Premier League squads to find itself in a relegation battle though imo. 

Quite a few 'too good to go down' players - Shaqiri, Butland, Bertrand, Zaha, Evans, Lemina etc - so someone has to go. Hell, we had Wijnaldum.

Yeah that was kind of the point of my question. Must clubs down there have a handful of quality players and then loads of nondescript dross.

Seems to me the managers will be the ones that decide it more than ever this season, which makes me more thankful than ever we have Rafa.

Guest Howaythetoon

Stoke have the most talented squad of those down there. Southampton have been decimated over the years and it’s showing. They lack goals, have a soft midfield and are conceding sloppy goals. They look like they have zero fight in them too. They could be what we were when we went down.

My worry about us is that we lack goals and although we have Slimani to come in, it’s a huge ask of him to get enough goals to see us safe. I can see us winning very few games, but drawing many and hopefully that will be enough.

Again, a couple of wins and it’s up the table you go. A few losses though and it’s back in the mix. Has it ever been this congested and back and forth? Swansea were dead and out a few weeks back. Palace certainties during the first few months and even Everton and West Ham were in danger and could still well get dragged back into it.

Far more interesting and exciting than what’s going on at the top of the table.

I'm feeling more confident then I was 2 weeks ago. In an ideal world it would be Stoke, Crystal Palace and West Ham. I think it will be Huddersfield, Stoke and West Brom.

It's literally going to go to the last game of the season though isn't it?  :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I’d like to see Huddersfield stay up and wouldn’t mind it being Stoke, WBA and West Ham. Don’t mind Palace, good crowd and I quite like Hodgson. The others though stink the league out and are shit holes.

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye fair enough. Find it hard not to associate Palace with knacker chops and the way they went on with our fans when they thought they were high flyers after a few good results.

Their fans are odd balls, but it’s a decent away day and I’d rather see them of the London clubs in the PL than West Ham for example.

Same chance of staying up as Swansea who were nailed on dead certs a few games ago. Just like wba right now. 17% is bollocks when you look at what we've done so far this season. Optimistically you'd be looking at 50%, along with many other teams.

It's a 17% chance of going down, not staying up.

Aye fair enough. Find it hard not to associate Palace with knacker chops and the way they went on with our fans when they thought they were high flyers after a few good results.

Their fans are odd balls, but it’s a decent away day and I’d rather see them of the London clubs in the PL than West Ham for example.

One of the worst London aways. Pain in the arse to get to from central London, half the away end can't see the pitch.

Guest Howaythetoon

One of the worst London aways. Pain in the arse to get to from central London, half the away end can't see the pitch.

I go off how I much enjoyed my previous visits there more than anything. Getting around London can be a pain in the arse regardless so it’s something I’m used to or doesn’t bother me. I just think they are a decent club with good support, traditional stadium, and again I like Hodgson and would much rather see West Ham go down as a London club. Or is it pride of London club...

I still feel Southampton will come good, most talented team in the bottom half, could probably do with a new manager bounce. WBA look like they might be done but after Palace & now Swansea would hesitate to write anyone off.  Going with that tho it's looking like any 2 from 9, equal chance all around. 3 wins and a couple draws would do it, seems so achievable on paper...

Are they really that talented anymore? Who do they have left?

As already mentioned, Forster, Yoshida, Gabbiadini, Bertrand, Boufal, Austin, Ward Prowse, Davis, Soares, Romeu amongst others should be at worst comfortably midtable. There's flair, creativity going forward and solid defensive options at the back. At least we were lumbered with Williamson & non goalscorers in our relegation season(s). New manager and they waltz out of the mire imo

I still feel Southampton will come good, most talented team in the bottom half, could probably do with a new manager bounce. WBA look like they might be done but after Palace & now Swansea would hesitate to write anyone off.  Going with that tho it's looking like any 2 from 9, equal chance all around. 3 wins and a couple draws would do it, seems so achievable on paper...

As already mentioned, Forster, Yoshida, Gabbiadini, Bertrand, Boufal, Austin, Ward Prowse, Davis, Soares, Romeu amongst others should be at worst comfortably midtable. There's flair, creativity going forward and solid defensive options at the back. At least we were lumbered with Williamson & non goalscorers in our relegation season(s). New manager and they waltz out of the mire imo

I think there's a load of average shite in there myself. Getting shown up now the talent has all been sold off.

I think there's a load of average s**** in there myself. Getting shown up now the talent has all been sold off.

If that's average then wonder what adjectives you have for ours, Huddersfield, Brighton & Swansea's squad  :mike:

I think there's a load of average s**** in there myself. Getting shown up now the talent has all been sold off.

If that's average then wonder what adjectives you have for ours, Huddersfield, Brighton & Swansea's squad  :mike:

Those players you've named, of them I'm not convinced any of them are solid top half of the league players personally. They Tadic looked top quality when he was with Pelle but has been pish ever since.

Stinks of people overrating players from other clubs to me. Mind I'm not saying ours are miles better, or even better at all, but I take issue with that group of players being the most talented of the group or whatever was said.

The best players have gone and they've very little left, that's the truth.

You could argue that all 3 teams in the relegation zone at the moment look like our squads when we went down both tones, especially 09. Loads of players who have decent or big names, but pretty much all of them all playing because of their reputation. Take Stoke for example, how many players from their squad would you have in ours? Shawcross and Zouma should both be capable of getting into our squad, but neither have performed this season. Butland I would certainly have here. There are a couple of players in their squad who look talented but have no constancy, everyone else is crap. So in reality the only player from Stoke who I would have is Butland, and that is under the assumption that Dubravka returns to his club in January.