Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I really can't see us going down now. Rafa is just too in control, and everyone is clearly working for the same goal. Combined with key new quality at goalkeeper and potentially soon up front I think we'll finish 10-12th.

The fact one win has moved us to 13th shows why I can't understand people wanting crap teams to do anything but draw with one another. In the absence of clubs that are clearly worse than the rest, we need as many still in the mix as possible. By definition this reduces the chances of us going down, because later in the season when it really matters they can't all win.

Don't feel sorry for them at all but clearly Southampton are hurting right now because of injuries up front. They look like a team in the position they are in, a lot of neat play and possession but no cutting edge and dodgy at the back.

For at least 30 minutes against Palace and for 90 minutes today we don't look remotely like a team that is going down.

It isn't all to do with the new recruitments, because Ayoze and Diame especially - among others - have really improved just recently; but it just shows that even the tiniest amount of backing given to Rafa has improved our chances a great deal. Kenedy has been a constant threat; even when he isn't in the game so much, like today, he's an option on the break and he isn't afraid of digging-in. The keeper looks great and we've got Slimani to come in.

I've thought we were more-or-less dead certs to go down for large swathes of this season, because we simply haven't had the quality. We've got a little bit more now, whilst we've cemented our style and other individuals are improving. I dare say we're in better shape than some of the others in the predicament. A lot still rests on Slimani. Literally the only way we can score this season is via set pieces, West Ham (x2) aside.

33 points to play for 11 need to reach 39

Bournemouth (a)

Liverpool (a)

Southampton (h)

Spurs (a)

Huddersfield (h)

Leicester (a)

Arsenal (h)

Everton (a)

West Brom (h)

Watford (a)

Chelsea (h)

Bournemouth, Huddersfield & West Brom could and should be wins, taking us to 37. Few draws elsewhere (and probably the odd win which isnt expected like today) and we'll be fine

Reckon we could get a point at Anfield personally, don't that lot like/need space to use their pace? We'll be parked in our box. Southampton, Arsenal, Watford, Chelsae also real possibilities for points

Guest firetotheworks

The fact one win has moved us to 13th shows why I can't understand people wanting crap teams to do anything but draw with one another. In the absence of clubs that are clearly worse than the rest, we need as many still in the mix as possible. By definition this reduces the chances of us going down, because later in the season when it really matters they can't all win.

I'd prefer a points divide rather than there being loads of teams on similar points.

We’ve lost twice since our awful run came to an end and both of those have been to one of the best teams this league has ever seen. If any of the other teams around us had that form, despite the disappointing home draws, we’d say they are looking hard to beat and unlikely to go down.

I'd prefer a points divide rather than there being loads of teams on similar points.

I was thinking this but then remember the likes of Bournemouth slowly pulling away leaving us to win a 3-team league.

Guest firetotheworks

Nee idea where my post went, but I think we'll next win against Southampton. I'd happily take a point or two from our next two games, just to keep the momentum going.

We really need to put a little run together ala Swansea. We’re well overdue one and hopefully the result today will breed confidence that we can pull away.

As bad as our January was, our new signings have breathed life into our fight. Kenedy has been great, the goaly too, hopefully Slimani can add the goals. Then there's Dummett who's come in and steadied the left back spot and big Mo Viera bossing the midfield.

In summary, alot of small pieces are coming together nicely.

I wonder if Ashley splashes out for a couple days at Skegness for the lads this week, Bristol City were in Dubai last week.

Rafa's already ruled out a break for the players during this period without a match.