Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We are hard to beat and our goal difference is very good in comparison to others. We just need to keep doing what we are doing TBH. Draws if need be, combined with a a couple of wins.

The only two games I look at and think we might get beat comfortably are Liverpool and Spurs away because they are the only teams close to the attacking ability of City.

Really fancy us to get points against Arsenal and Chelsea at home.

We are hard to beat and our goal difference is very good in comparison to others. We just need to keep doing what we are doing TBH. Draws if need be, combined with a a couple of wins.

The only two games I look at and think we might get beat comfortably are Liverpool and Spurs away because they are the only teams close to the attacking ability of City.

Really fancy us to get points against Arsenal and Chelsea at home.

totally agree fella, ive never been too fed up with ANY point we get , they are all crucial even in the early days this season i was pissed off when we lost of course but to just hang on and get any sort of point at the end of the season would be massive to look back on.this is the toon, we dont do it easy and we are still in a world of trouble, however we have still chipped in with points v burnley and palace which might keep us up.

Didn't realise that West Brom are 7 points from safety as things stand. If they don't win tonight, they're fucked.

You haven't been in the Pardew thread for a while then - the schadenfreude is strong in there  :lol:

Wanted to wait until after the Man U game to post here again, I've been 70% chance of us going down at each poll reset. Now I'm a 2. That's the result we needed, and we appear to have got some of the additions we sorely needed. Can't see us fucking this up more than 3 other teams now. Unless Lascelles gets injured, we're safe - hence the 2.

It still amazes me to think that if we beat Bournemouth well only need 9 points from 10 games, given how poor we've been theres a chance we could end up finishing comfortably mid-table. :lol:

It still amazes me to think that if we beat Bournemouth well only need 9 points from 10 games, given how poor we've been theres a chance we could end up finishing comfortably mid-table. :lol:

If it wasn't for that total loss of form where we had an 8 game losing streak we could have been sitting fairly pretty in the league.

I still think 35 points with a decent goal difference will do it.

We went down in 15/16 with 37. I think that'll be enough to stop up, and that's 3 more wins, or 2 wins and 3 draws from 11 games. Very doable.

We'll stay up, like.

I have a feeling a high points total might be needed given all the teams down have started picking up the odd win here and there. West Brom aside obvs.

I've said it before, but I'd rather have this squad then any other of the squads this decade (bar the 5th season squad), quality wise they're by far the worst, but they actually give a shit, give everything on the pitch, and i'd rather that then people like Sissoko and Wijnaldum who go hiding all the time.

If it wasn't for that total loss of form where we had an 8 game losing streak we could have been sitting fairly pretty in the league.

Just imagine where we would be if Rafa had been allowed a decent keeper and striker at the start of the season.

Yesterday’s result ought to be very helpful for the players too. They’ve all been working very hard and yesterday it paid off emphatically. Will have given everyone a lift.

I'd like to think that the atmosphere would have given them a boost as well. Sounded very good on MOTD

As I said in other thread, Palace are right in this. Next 5 games:

Spurs

Man Utd

Chelsea

Huddersfield

Liverpool

Some of those games without Zaha too. They’re almost entirely reliant upon him to get them results so it all bodes well for us.