Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Apparently, no clubs who were promoted to the top 5 divisions last season, were relegated this season. Pretty impressive.

Perhaps the mooted ‘huge gulf’ between the Prem and Champo is overestimated for all leagues. I know it’s a bit of a stretch but I watched an Altrincham vs Shaw Lane game, a few weeks ago, and it wasn’t hugely different in terms of some of the individual quality in show than I’ve seen in some Championship games. Of course there must be a difference on average (particularly in the example I use) but perhaps more overlap than we assume.

When you look at how much teams bounce around the 3 FL divisions it makes you wonder how small the gap in quality between the bottom of the Championship and say the top of League Two really is.

33 points needed to stay up this season then. When did we hit that?

The 3-0 win against Southampton on the 10th March, 9 games before the end of the season.

• 3 months later...

Fuck me we're 2 games in. :facepalm:

Aye. Ridiculous. We were worse at Huddersfield last year imo. We won't be in bother this season. Shame it probably won't be much more thanks to fat Ash.

No doubt though this thread will be bumped if we lose any of the next 3.

We'll be fine man. We were shite today and still had the 3 best chances of the game. Cardiff, Huddersfield and someone like Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton or even Fulham if their signings don't click.

I don't think the fixture list for the next month is going to help. Really needed that pen to go in today.