Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

General mood of this thread:

http://i.imgur.com/bfBak4r.png

http://i.imgur.com/EqIkOgz.png?1

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1b3TCNkmF5w/TOuv17jsVbI/AAAAAAAAAoo/r73dRd-j9C0/s1600/stress.jpg

Guest icemanblue

I know they won't, but, imagine Wigan lost tonight. I think I'd feel about 3 stone lighter. Been carrying this weight of anxiety for far too long, man.

Guest icemanblue

I won't be watching like, no way. I'm going to Sainsbury's to do the slowest big shop in history. If I finish before the end of their game, i'll just drive up and down Team Valley, under radio silence, until it's done. I still blame my brother for texting me at half time of the mackems game last night.

Guest neesy111

I won't be watching like, no way. I'm going to Sainsbury's to do the slowest big shop in history. If I finish before the end of their game, i'll just drive up and down Team Valley, under radio silence, until it's done. I still blame my brother for texting me at half time of the mackems game last night.

:lol:

Can't see Swansea doing anything tonight - on the beach, lots of ties with Wigan, no strikers bar Luke Moore (1 goal all season against guess who!?)

Pinning my hopes on us beating QPR and Wigan/Villa losing to Arsenal/Chelsea. We're then matematically safe and we all drop a collective cow pat on Pards head

Did the predictor and had Norwich to go down on GD, joint on points with Wigan and Sunderland, that was with Wigan winning tonight.

Everything hinges on us beating QPR basically.

Edit: Updated us to a draw against QPR, and we still survived as long as Man City destroy Norwich by 4.

Can't see Swansea doing anything tonight - on the beach, lots of ties with Wigan, no strikers bar Luke Moore (1 goal all season against guess who!?)

Pinning my hopes on us beating QPR and Wigan/Villa losing to Arsenal/Chelsea. We're then matematically safe and we all drop a collective cow pat on Pards head

He's scored 5. Still shite though.

Surely all of their links are at Wigan n all, also Swansea aren't, unbelievably, mathematically safe according to the Guardian podcast.

Guest icemanblue

I've just tried a fair few different permutations using the predictor and, as long as we win against QPR, we stay up in them all. That's including a 3-1 loss against Arsenal. Anything other than a win and we're down. #Insight

Mate was trying to claim that this morning but I'm pretty sure Swansea are safe. Might just be after last night because I don't think Southampton and the mackems can both go above them.

Mate was trying to claim that this morning but I'm pretty sure Swansea are safe. Might just be after last night because I don't think Southampton and the mackems can both go above them.

Just what was said on the Guardian pod so took it as gospel. Can't be chewed to work it out, sick of looking at the table.

Not sure where you get the 'West Ham is a physical team, we struggle against them' idea from when we almost exclusively sit back half the time for all matches. We managed to do well against them in the first half and yet we can't deal with them so decided to drop back in the 2nd half apparently. It's not Pardew's fault that Ben Arfa the outlet was sacrificed for Shola the outlet and Cisse bumped off to the right wing, aye.

We lack sufficient pace to be a counterattacking team. Pardew had the whole season to implement a plan B if he thinks Ben Arfa is his answer, and yet he has failed miserably.

Pardew not to be blamed for that game when we should have gone for 3 pts and he settled for one ffs. That one point concept must be alien to Martinez.

We've proven ourselves to have some very good players on the counter, Gouffran and HBA in particular, both have a fair bit of pace between them too.

It is possible that West Ham regrouped on Saturday and sped up the tempo, hitting Carroll quicker and forcing us back, because we're really not as physical a team as them and we naturally have to sit a bit deeper. When we're put under pressure, we don't have many players that can relieve it. Don't get me wrong, we have some very good footballers but we're not the most dynamic side, it says it all that Ben Arfa and Marveaux are the only 2 in the squad capable of keeping a hold of the ball in tight situations. I'm not disagreeing that Pardew isn't negative or a crap manager because he is, but there are reasons why we struggle away from home other than the manager.

Just what was said on the Guardian pod so took it as gospel. Can't be chewed to work it out, sick of looking at the table.

Nobody tell them.

I've just tried a fair few different permutations using the predictor and, as long as we win against QPR, we stay up in them all. That's including a 3-1 loss against Arsenal. Anything other than a win and we're down. #Insight

That's the worrying bit. I've seen nowt from us all season to suggest we can do that.

They might be bottom of the league and already relegated but i can see them scoring against us, meaning we'll have to score at least 2 - when was the last time we did that?

I think Wigan have easily  enough momentum to stay up now. If they draw level with us tonight on points, even if we beat QPR  and they lose to arsenal they go into the last game knowing that a win will probably get them above us. By that point we'll probably be in Pardew's ideal position of being able to stay up just by not conceding *too many* goals, meaning no players will be allowed out of our own box and it'll end up another 6 or 7 nowt.

My main ray of hope is West Brom beating Norwich and us getting even a draw against QPR, meaning we're just relying on the Canaries not getting anything at Man City on the last day.

We have to win at QPR, but.....

on the positive side, if you had to pick any team in the league to play away from home right now, knowing we need a win, who would it be? For me, QPR

Guest icemanblue

That's the worrying bit. I've seen nowt from us all season to suggest we can do that.

They might be bottom of the league and already relegated but i can see them scoring against us, meaning we'll have to score at least 2 - when was the last time we did that?

Doesn't matter. It's a must win game in complete isolation. We have to do whatever is necessary.

We have to win at QPR, but.....

on the positive side, if you had to pick any team in the league to play away from home right now, knowing we need a win, who would it be? For me, QPR

Newcastle United.