Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

All the trademarks of a team walking toward relegation tonight.

- beaten without opposition doing much

- give away cheap FKs all over the shop

- create nowt

- looks fairly decent between the two goal areas without doing much

- slow, laboured build up without necessarily losing ball

- loads of pass backs to keeper

- wrong end of questionable decisions

:thup:

That said it was still an improvement as we didn't totally collapse and/or lose faith. However Leicester were pretty happy to settle at one. Next two games are so fucking huge. 

Beat the mackems or RIP.

Just don't lose I reckon, a win would be huge but we absolutely can't afford to give those fuckers another 3 points.

After the derby we have a 2 week break, a lot more time for Rafa to get things sorted for the last 8 games.

What are everyone's predictions?

AWAY: 8 7 points

Everton L

Chelsea L

Stoke D L

Leicester L

Norwich W

Southampton D

Liverpool L

Villa W

HOME: 13 10 points

West  Brom W

(Man City D)

Bournemouth W

Makems W

Swansea W

Palace L

Spurs L

21 17 points

Whilst not found of s*** or bust thinking/statements, can't help thinking tomorrow is a s*** or bust game.

The way they've played the last two games, well I just can't see them winning. Regardless of points available, regardless of what they may possibly be capable of, their confidence looks shot to f***. Change needed to snap them out of it; Stupid Management Cunt--do one thing positive for once, in fact just do one...

Much more confident of us winning the games, that seem most winnable. 14 points...will it be enough?

If and it's a very big IF we somehow manage to win the next 2 games we will stay up. Fail to win either of them and it's bye bye

If we lose to the mackems we are effectively 2 games behind them so I'm afraid it's game over if we lose on Sunday

All the trademarks of a team walking toward relegation tonight.

- beaten without opposition doing much

- give away cheap FKs all over the shop

- create nowt

- looks fairly decent between the two goal areas without doing much

- slow, laboured build up without necessarily losing ball

- loads of pass backs to keeper

- wrong end of questionable decisions

Scarily accurate.  The bit in bold pisses me off.  Especially as Elliot's kicking is so brutal.  He just lofts it up in the air or slices it wide, all the while. 

I'm still at a 7.  We did better than I expected last night.  But it was similar to the Stoke game.  We should have got something from the game, yet we came away with a 1-0 loss.  Worrying.

Obviously the derby and Norwich games are vital but I'm fearful for games after that. We can't win those 2 games then drop points after that as it could give the others a chance to catch up again.

How can it be 50:50 to go down or stay up when we are cut a drift, in a mini relegation league of our own with Sunderland and Norwich.  We are already 2nd bottom and cant score goals. Most of the season has now been played and we have injuries.

To me it suggests we are more than likely to get relegated than stay up.  :lol: :lol:

33.3...% chance without factoring in our inability to score or the pathetic displays of late, Sunderland's awful defending and Allardyce's gritty bollocks, Norwich's general shiteness or our appointment of Rafa. With those things thrown into the probability "mixer", it could go either way. We are still, STILL, only a point behind the two teams above us.

The small chance that Palace go down would be the greater, but highly improbable, outcome in this situation also.

How can it be 50:50 to go down or stay up when we are cut a drift, in a mini relegation league of our own with Sunderland and Norwich.  We are already 2nd bottom and cant score goals. Most of the season has now been played and we have injuries.

To me it suggests we are more than likely to get relegated than stay up.  :lol: :lol:

We still have a game in hand on Norwich and we still have to play them both. The next two games will make or break the season, yes we're 19th and struggling but the Benitez factor adds to our chances iyam. Sunday is massive, biggest game we've played since 2009 and biggest derby since THAT playoff. I still think we can do this, I notice a lot of negativity creeping in since the Leicester game last night but most of us said we'd take a narrow loss with improved performance and that's what we got. Yes it was disappointing not getting anything from the match after the way it played out but Leicester are a good side this year and they'll do that to better teams than us.

The plan was always consolidate and progress, last night was consolidation, Sunday HAS to be progress, I still have faith in this squad under Benitez and I'm at a 6 right now, we've got a massive chance to put some daylight between us and the other 2 in the next 2 matches, we're only 1 point behind not 3 or 6 although some people seem to feel that way. I'll review my score after Sunday, but right now there's no need for us to panic, in Rafa we trust.

We still have a game in hand on Norwich and we still have to play them both. The next two games will make or break the season, yes we're 19th and struggling but the Benitez factor adds to our chances iyam. Sunday is massive, biggest game we've played since 2009 and biggest derby since THAT playoff. I still think we can do this, I notice a lot of negativity creeping in since the Leicester game last night but most of us said we'd take a narrow loss with improved performance and that's what we got. Yes it was disappointing not getting anything from the match after the way it played out but Leicester are a good side this year and they'll do that to better teams than us.

The plan was always consolidate and progress, last night was consolidation, Sunday HAS to be progress, I still have faith in this squad under Benitez and I'm at a 6 right now, we've got a massive chance to put some daylight between us and the other 2 in the next 2 matches, we're only 1 point behind not 3 or 6 although some people seem to feel that way. I'll review my score after Sunday, but right now there's no need for us to panic, in Rafa we trust.

IM not negative, ive been pretty much hovering between 7,8 and 9 all season.  The performance last night was a step forward and Benny will have a full week of training to work on something before our next match.  Id like to think we can get the 3 points this weekend but the mackems have a way of conjuring up points in a relegation run in.

Well I'd say 55:45 if that was an option. Because we have 9 games left, a new proven manager and a squad that would be expected to perform better than we have, and a relatively kind home fixture list. Look at this poll every year people always massively overestimate our chances of relegation. Compare it to the dispassionate analysis of bookies who mostly have us the same or slightly better odds than sunderland and significantly better than Norwich.

The idea that we could possibly have as high as a 90% chance of relegation has little basis, beyond protective pessimism. And 10 makes no sense. There's obviously more than a <5% chance that we'll make up the tiny gap between us sunderland and Norwich.

I'm not being optimistic, I know we're s**** and a 50% chance of relegation is very high.

We've got better squads than both Norwich and Sunderland.

We (now) have a much better manager than both Norwich and Sunderland.

We are going into the last few games with new found optimism after our change of manager.

All three of us have similar games remaining in terms of difficulty and we have to play both Sunderland and Norwich.

4 for me. If we lose on Sunday it'll be an 8, but I think we'll win.

We looked a much better team last night, but I fear it might have come too little too late.

We looked up for the fight in the second half especially, but we still look absolutely toothless in front of goal.

If we beat the Mackems and Norwich then I think we'll stay up, but the remaining home games are incredibly vital.

:thup: Amen

I'm not sure we looked that much better last night. A small improvement yes, but we still looked devoid of ideas and liable to fall apart at any moment. The problems in our team are huge and I'm not sure Rafa has enough time or the personnel available to sort it out. Yes, maybe we should have had a penalty and yes, maybe Vardy could have been given offside but the long and short of it is, we created hardly anything of note and Leicester barely had to break a sweat to beat us.

Sunday will be all blood and thunder, 100 mile an hour, physical, turgid and downright dirty football. I'm not sure we have it in us to go at it like that head to head with the scum who will turn up ready to pull our ears off and gouge our eyes out in order to get the win.

I'm hovering between an 8 and a 9 purely because there are still so many games to go and the league is unpredictable. I think we need more than just to beat Sunderland and Norwich, maybe as many as four wins just to be close to getting out of it. I just can't see it.

Beat the mackems or RIP.

Just don't lose I reckon, a win would be huge but we absolutely can't afford to give those fuckers another 3 points.

After the derby we have a 2 week break, a lot more time for Rafa to get things sorted for the last 8 games.

Nah, we've got to beat them because it's the only game remaining that we can have an influence over their point tally come the end of the season. We've got players who can hurt them, we just need the gameplan and the application, the last one will be the issue.

I'm not sure we looked that much better last night. A small improvement yes, but we still looked devoid of ideas and liable to fall apart at any moment. The problems in our team are huge and I'm not sure Rafa has enough time or the personnel available to sort it out. Yes, maybe we should have had a penalty and yes, maybe Vardy could have been given offside but the long and short of it is, we created hardly anything of note and Leicester barely had to break a sweat to beat us.

Sunday will be all blood and thunder, 100 mile an hour, physical, turgid and downright dirty football. I'm not sure we have it in us to go at it like that head to head with the scum who will turn up ready to pull our ears off and gouge our eyes out in order to get the win.

I'm hovering between an 8 and a 9 purely because there are still so many games to go and the league is unpredictable. I think we need more than just to beat Sunderland and Norwich, maybe as many as four wins just to be close to getting out of it. I just can't see it.

If we beat both of them, we're staying up. They'll both draw their way to the end of the season because both of their true brit managers 'know what they're doing'.