Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I'm not sure we looked that much better last night. A small improvement yes, but we still looked devoid of ideas and liable to fall apart at any moment. The problems in our team are huge and I'm not sure Rafa has enough time or the personnel available to sort it out. Yes, maybe we should have had a penalty and yes, maybe Vardy could have been given offside but the long and short of it is, we created hardly anything of note and Leicester barely had to break a sweat to beat us.

Sunday will be all blood and thunder, 100 mile an hour, physical, turgid and downright dirty football. I'm not sure we have it in us to go at it like that head to head with the scum who will turn up ready to pull our ears off and gouge our eyes out in order to get the win.

I'm hovering between an 8 and a 9 purely because there are still so many games to go and the league is unpredictable. I think we need more than just to beat Sunderland and Norwich, maybe as many as four wins just to be close to getting out of it. I just can't see it.

Sunday won't be blood and thunder, not with Allardyce in charge. They'll defend deep and Rafa's not going to throw caution to the wind either. It will be a tight niggly game but we should be able to impose our game on them. They certainly won't close us down as effectively as Leicester did last night.

I'm not sure we looked that much better last night. A small improvement yes, but we still looked devoid of ideas and liable to fall apart at any moment. The problems in our team are huge and I'm not sure Rafa has enough time or the personnel available to sort it out. Yes, maybe we should have had a penalty and yes, maybe Vardy could have been given offside but the long and short of it is, we created hardly anything of note and Leicester barely had to break a sweat to beat us.

Sunday will be all blood and thunder, 100 mile an hour, physical, turgid and downright dirty football. I'm not sure we have it in us to go at it like that head to head with the scum who will turn up ready to pull our ears off and gouge our eyes out in order to get the win.

I'm hovering between an 8 and a 9 purely because there are still so many games to go and the league is unpredictable. I think we need more than just to beat Sunderland and Norwich, maybe as many as four wins just to be close to getting out of it. I just can't see it.

Sunday won't be blood and thunder, not with Allardyce in charge. They'll defend deep and Rafa's not going to throw caution to the wind either. It will be a tight niggly game but we should be able to impose our game on them. They certainly won't close us down as effectively as Leicester did last night.

I can't really remember the last time is was blood and thunder? the last few certainly haven't been.

Guest ElCid

All depends on the next two games with a minimum of 4 points required I believe. Sunday game is huge as I honestly think whoever loses will be down.

I put 5. I'm completely split.

On the one hand Sunderland have a goalscorer, an extra point and better goal difference.

On the other, we have better players, better fixtures and the Rafa factor.

I can't really remember the last time is was blood and thunder? the last few certainly haven't been.

I said it in the match thread, but absolutely cannot play "blood and thunder" I don't want to see us revert to that it'll play right into their hands. Play our game, stay cool and don't let them impose their game on us. We could do with a ref that's not going to let them kick the shit out of us because that'll be their tactic.

Swansea certainly aren't safe yet, and we still have them to play at home.

They have an easy game at home to Villa on Saturday but a very tough run in. Games against Chelsea,Liverpool,Leicester,West Ham and Man City

Swansea certainly aren't safe yet, and we still have them to play at home.

They have an easy game at home to Villa on Saturday but a very tough run in. Games against Chelsea,Liverpool,Leicester,West Ham and Man City

I don't think Palace are safe yet either, we just need to concentrate on getting ourselves on a run of results though, but there's definitely more teams still in it than the 4 at the bottom.

Guest Howaythetoon

If he sticks with playing Anita advanced of Shelvey like last night we will go down. it should be the other way round.

If he sticks with playing Anita advanced of Shelvey like last night we will go down. it should be the other way round.

He won't, unlike our past array of astute tactical managers he saw it wasn't working and made the early change.

Guest Howaythetoon

He won't, unlike our past array of astute tactical managers he saw it wasn't working and made the early change.

It's the fact he even went with it to start with that worries me!

It's the fact he even went with it to start with that worries me!

At least he didn't play Obertan in his first game...christ, and we wonder why we're 19th.

Team           Pld Pts To play Max Points Game  to play (in order).

Crystal Palace 30 33   8         57 Lei   WHU Nor Arse               Ever Newc stoke South

Swansea         30 33   8         57   Villa   Stoke Chel Newc               lei   liver WHU         Man C

Sunderland     29 25   9         52 Newc WBA Lei Nor                   arse stoke Chel Ever Wat

Norwich         30 25   8         49   WBA Newc Pal Sund               wat arse Man U     Ever

Newcastle       29 24   9         51 Sund Nor South Swan Man C   liver palace Villa   Spurs

Aston Villa    30 16   8         40 Swan Che Bourn Man U               south wat newc   Arse

Hope this comes out right - edited from my excel spreadsheet - the remaining games.

One thing i did notice - and we will only have ourselves to blame if we go down - it the fact that current we will play all of the other bottom 6 clubs - so the potential number of 6 pointers is amazing.

Team           Pld Pts To play Max Points Game  to play (in order).

Crystal Palace 30 33   8         57 Lei   WHU Nor Arse               Ever Newc stoke South

Swansea         30 33   8         57   Villa   Stoke Chel Newc               lei   liver WHU         Man C

Sunderland     29 25   9         52 Newc WBA Lei Nor                   arse stoke Chel Ever Wat

Norwich         30 25   8         49   WBA Newc Pal Sund               wat arse Man U     Ever

Newcastle       29 24   9         51 Sund Nor South Swan Man C   liver palace Villa   Spurs

Aston Villa    30 16   8         40 Swan Che Bourn Man U               south wat newc   Arse

Hope this comes out right - edited from my excel spreadsheet - the remaining games.

One thing i did notice - and we will only have ourselves to blame if we go down - it the fact that current we will play all of the other bottom 6 clubs - so the potential number of 6 pointers is amazing.

Didn't realise the mackems had such a tough run-in, might be a draw wouldn't be the worst result this weekend...

Thing is, they always seem to pull off a result when it's tough. 3-0 win away at Chelsea a few years back is one fine example.

Just did a predictor to the end of the season for us, Swansea, Norwich, the mackems and Palace. Refused to predict the derby just to see how pivotal it might be, I had us and the mackems on 35 with 1 to play, Swansea 36 and Palace 38. Had us beating Palace, Swansea & Villa away and drawing at Norwich and Southampton. Losses to Liverpool, Spurs & Man City. Swansea have Villa this weekend then a pretty tricky run, whilst Palace's upcoming games are ridiculous. Of course anything could happen but it ended up being pretty tight for the last 2 spots between the 5 teams I mentioned and that was without anything massively shocking being predicted.

Just did a predictor to the end of the season for us, Swansea, Norwich, the mackems and Palace. Refused to predict the derby just to see how pivotal it might be, I had us and the mackems on 35 with 1 to play, Swansea 36 and Palace 38. Had us beating Palace, Swansea & Villa away and drawing at Norwich and Southampton. Losses to Liverpool, Spurs & Man City. Swansea have Villa this weekend then a pretty tricky run, whilst Palace's upcoming games are ridiculous. Of course anything could happen but it ended up being pretty tight for the last 2 spots between the 5 teams I mentioned and that was without anything massively shocking being predicted.

What about Norwich?

I've just done it and have us stopping up with 40 points in 16th place, 4 points more than the relegated mackems and 1 more than Swansea.  Leicester were top with 2 points more than spurs.

I think I should book myself in for a drugs test.

Said it before, the derby is just a starting point. If we win, we really can't drop points after that to give them a chance of catching.  The home games are must wins. mackems, Swansea, Palace and Villa away. If we could sneak a win against Norwich, a draw or even a win against nothing to play for City,uhen there's a good chance of staying up.