Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Portsmouth are now safe. Sunderland know if they win they are safe. It was in our hands but now we are relying on Portsmouth, Man U and Chelsea (both with Cup finals a few days after the last Premiership game) doing us a massive favour. Even if they do all that we still need at least a point at Aston Villa. Can it happen? We'll see but either way the next 7 days are going to be Hell!

My opinion on this depends on the Sunderland game today.  If Sunderland lose I'll be at 7 as I think a win would then keep us up (both Sunderland and Hull winning on the last day seems very unlikely).  As well as the posibility of a draw keeping us up if Hull lose.  If Sunderland win or even get a point its a 9.  Hull are still the team we're most likely to finish ahead IMO but having that extra chance of finishing above Sunderland would make all the difference.

Stil a 9 but very close to a 10 if my predictions all come in.

I predicted we'd get a draw against pompy, win v boro and lose v fulham and also said we'd draw v villa!! If we are gonna stay up it'l be on goal difference, looking at the hull manure game tho i fancy a draw in that one too. :( also think sunderland will get a draw at pompy too which will be enough for them. :(

Think we have a decent chance of getting something at Villa tbh, but Hull have just as good a chance, if not more, of getting something against Man U.

Similiar to how I felt about last Saturday tbh, I reckon the most likely outcome is that Hull and ourselves will come away from the games with a loss and a draw between us. Just need to pray it's us that get the result this time.

Doubt it, though.

Feel a little more optimistic this morning after thinking about it so a 7

Man U to beat Hull is still the most likely outcome from that game, which means that a draw at an out of form, nothing to play for Villa will be enough - surely theres a decent realistic chance of that happening

Pretty much my thoughts.

You'd like to think the enormity of the match on Sunday would have our lot playing out of their skins, but on the previous showing of some of the sackless bastards it's hard to imagine that happening.

Like many others my head says "no, we can't stay up" but my heart says "yes".

1 Point could be all that is needed, and it is definitely achievable. But given the performances and passion I've seen from our lot this season I cannot see us showing the same amount of heart as what those in the stands will be showing, thus ending up in defeat.

I'm on an 8 now - but we aren't down until we're mathematically down.

Trying to work out what would piss me off more, winning and going down anyway or losing when we only would have needed a point to stay up.

Definitely the second, a million times out of a million.  If we win and still go down then we've done all we can (albeit too late, but we have to focus on the now), but if we lose when we would have only needed the draw to stay up, well that would be us throwing away ANOTHER opportunity to get safe, and that would be by far the worse outcome.

Trying to work out what would piss me off more, winning and going down anyway or losing when we only would have needed a point to stay up.

Definitely the second, a million times out of a million.  If we win and still go down then we've done all we can (albeit too late, but we have to focus on the now), but if we lose when we would have only needed the draw to stay up, well that would be us throwing away ANOTHER opportunity to get safe, and that would be by far the worse outcome.

hull lose to man utd. sunderland lose to pompey and chelsea.

if that happened you could guarentee we would have lost to villa with a couple of defensive errors and misfirring forwards

7 now.

Still in it up to our necks but any result gives us a chance. Win the game and we're safe.

Same here, from an 8 to a 7 after tonight. Funny how I'm always more optimistic the longer it is since I've seen us play :lol: