Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Im sure the players aren't worried either (relegation) and it's a dangerous game to play. Suddenly players and other people realise, fuck me, we are still down here and not that many games left to play after almost giving up the season but still thinking 'nah, we're too god for that' so we can go at half speed.

In the end the desperate efforts might have been started a little bit too late.

It's true that the table is ridiculously tight at the moment, we are 3 points from 9th and 6 points from 5th.

The problem is i just don't see where the next point is even coming from at the moment, if we was playing well and losing i wouldn't be so concerned but we don't even look like scoring at the moment.

The problem is, we're going through a tough run now with our worst set of fixtures right around the corner. We're losing games that we, and no doubt Pardew and co thought would be certain victories, or at least 7 points. The only favorable games coming up are Wigan and QPR, the latter of course depends on Redknapp not turning things around there because if he does it could be a repeat of West Ham/Swansea. The team hasn't really impressed at all this season and with that in mind we could easily find ourselves still on the wrong side of 20 points come full time against Everton in January. It's worrying, but I still don't think we will go down. The January window is massive for us.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Relegation season we had a back line that included Colo, Jose, Bassong and Taylor, a midfield including Barton Jonas and Nolan and a forward line of Martins Viduka and Owen!

Make no mistake the rot can set in early and be difficult to shake regardless of the players!

There are six points between 17th and 8th. That's not a lot.

This.

You're 2 points behind Fulham who apparently are playing well. That doesn't mean you can't be justifiably angry at performances/tactics, but surely maintain some context at this stage of the season. It's not February. It's not even December.

Honestly i think the most reason i'm angry apart from the obvious tactics and performances is that we just lost 3 games in a row but not just any games.

Games against Swansea, West Ham and Southampton, games i expected to be taking 9 points from and we took 0 and quite frankly didn't even look like coming close to taking anything.

This.

You're 2 points behind Fulham who apparently are playing well. That doesn't mean you can't be justifiably angry at performances/tactics, but surely maintain some context at this stage of the season. It's not February. It's not even December.

:thup: Can't believe there's been so much relegation talk. Look at almost every table from the past few years at this point and compare it to the end of the season, always so much change between now and then.

This.

:thup: Can't believe there's been so much relegation talk. Look at almost every table from the past few years at this point and compare it to the end of the season, always so much change between now and then.

Aye, just look at this one for example: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2008-2009/table/2008-11-22

:pow:

This.

Aye, just look at this one for example: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2008-2009/table/2008-11-22

Yes, look at Tottenham.

This.

Yes, look at Tottenham.

So basically we need a new manager or we are f*cked?

This.

We have a horrendous set of fixtures coming up though which I don't expect us to pick up anything from.  These 'easy' games we've just gone through are the ones where you're supposed to pick up points and they only come around once a season.  We've missed that chance and while the gap is only a few points now, after we've gained zero points from our December fixtures i'm sure it will have increased.

Guest neesy111

What's the fucking point. We're not going to get relegated but we're finishing something like 13th at best.

Didn't everyone say that in 08/09.

What's the fucking point. We're not going to get relegated but we're finishing something like 13th at best.

Didn't everyone say that in 08/09.

Im more pessimistic now than I was when I created this monster at the end of Nov 08.