Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

West Brom.  They've had 3 managers in the last 2 1/2 years as well and are going in the right direction.

Ask an Albion fan what they think of their board.

If you think Ashley is tightfisted and doesn't see the need to invest, Albion's lot are way, way worse.

Isn't this really about picking a club doing well and saying they must have good owners. What about the fact that until very recently, Albion were a yo-yo club? How good were their owners then?

from a fan point of view it can't have been great but they did build themselves each time they went up and down and didn't go spending beyond their means like many a club has in a desperate attempt to avoid the drop or thinking that surviving once meant they're big time now and go overboard on spending only to be fucked over when they go down.

If you think Ashley is tightfisted and doesn't see the need to invest, Albion's lot are way, way worse.

With all due respect to WBA and their fans (respect that never seems to be returned) WBA don't generate HALF the money NUFC do

With all due respect to WBA and their fans (respect that never seems to be returned) WBA don't generate HALF the money NUFC do

I'll tell you precisely how much respect is due to Albion and their fans - precisely none, the horrible cunts.

They generate a lot less money, but their tightfistedness is still legendary.

you can add to that- currently nufc are generating 60% of what they could do. wba- miles behind that potential.

I have absolutely no doubt that we would end up with someone worse than Ashley.

Why ?

Because there are a hell of a lot of s**** owners out there. Plus I'd imagine if it got to the point at which Ashley felt forced out (I don't think he'd get what he wants for it otherwise), he'd actively sell us to the biggest c***s he could find.

Ashley can't pick and choose who he is going to sell to if he wants to get back the money he has spent on the club and nothing is more important to him than dosh...that much is obvious now if it wasn;t before.

Any potential buyer of NUFC is going to have to fork out hundreds of millions and people who do that will want to see their investment successful. How many of the top 10 PL clubs would you say have s--t owners ?

SJH sold to Ashley rather than Shepherd because he got the impression that Ashley would be a better owner - he even told him what a responsibility it was running a club like NUFC whose fans lived and slept football...

He was fooled and just because Ashley would like to screw us over will not affect his desire to recoup his money.

At best, the chances of getting a worse owner are 50/50 in my view. If all people want is the club to exist and be lower PL every year with a quick Cup exit, then fine - stick with Ashley.

Even that is looking theatened this season......

So, if we do go down, what are the chances we get promoted in one season? Obviously, there's no telling exactly what would happen, but it seems to me that in 09-10, after the overpaid wasters were gone, we had a decent squad of remaining players who--along with a few transfers--sort of straddled the line between Championship and PL caliber. Enough so that there was not a real demand for them in the PL but they were quite good in the Championship. Now it seems we've got quite a gulf between quality players for whom there would be a real demand, and would likely sell, and players who might not necessarily thrive in the Championship. After the marketable players are sold, is what's left enough to base a promotion team on? Am I a walrus?

The freezing out of Bent seems wilfully self-destructive as well. If Lambert did whatever it took to keep him happy he would surely get a vital 10-15 goals for you this season, and be worth more when he's sold.

I can see why he prefers Weimann and Benteke, but people go on about that freezing out, whilst forgetting Lambert actually made him captain at one point, and that he's been out with a couple of injuries, too.

Bent not playing isn't our problem. Our major problem is a dreadfully lightweight midfield, which allows pressure to be put on the defence, which is also lightweight and inexperienced.

If in this window we sign at least a tough central midfielder, a left back and maybe a CB too, we'll stay up.

If we don't, we are done for.

Any idea if the rumour you owe us more money if Bent plays another league game is true?

So, if we do go down, what are the chances we get promoted in one season? Obviously, there's no telling exactly what would happen, but it seems to me that in 09-10, after the overpaid wasters were gone, we had a decent squad of remaining players who--along with a few transfers--sort of straddled the line between Championship and PL caliber. Enough so that there was not a real demand for them in the PL but they were quite good in the Championship. Now it seems we've got quite a gulf between quality players for whom there would be a real demand, and would likely sell, and players who might not necessarily thrive in the Championship. After the marketable players are sold, is what's left enough to base a promotion team on? Am I a walrus?

Could you not argue that we have alot more sellable assets this time though....Easily get 10m for Cabaye and  Ben Arfa each and 8-10m for Cisse ....Probably 6-7 for Krul and Tiote each (aleast) if we were to go down... 5 for colo. Thats 50m atleast plus wages.. Ashley will keep 20m probably..

But thats still alot of money to build a team capable of challenging for the championship, I truly hope it doesn't come to that though. The day Cabaye and Ben Arfa have to be sold will be a disgusting day  :whatdidido:

Yeah that's a massive point for them. Teams like West Ham and Fulham really aren't in good form and are in danger of being dragged into it. Some interesting fixtures again this weekend.

Just simply have to put Reading away and we've got the players to do it. Crowd will be a big factor on sat, need a massive atmosphere for this. I'm nervous but can't wait in a sick kind of way.

Guest neesy111

Currently shorter odds for us to go down than the year we got relegated.

Bookies aren't stupid.  They would had seen how bad we are.

The freezing out of Bent seems wilfully self-destructive as well. If Lambert did whatever it took to keep him happy he would surely get a vital 10-15 goals for you this season, and be worth more when he's sold.

I can see why he prefers Weimann and Benteke, but people go on about that freezing out, whilst forgetting Lambert actually made him captain at one point, and that he's been out with a couple of injuries, too.

Bent not playing isn't our problem. Our major problem is a dreadfully lightweight midfield, which allows pressure to be put on the defence, which is also lightweight and inexperienced.

If in this window we sign at least a tough central midfielder, a left back and maybe a CB too, we'll stay up.

Any idea if the rumour you owe us more money if Bent plays another league game is true?

It's nonsense.

It's nonsense.

Honestly can't see why he isn't starting every game then. Goals win you games and he'll get about 20 a season if he plays regularly.

Guest neesy111

It's nonsense.

Honestly can't see why he isn't starting every game then. Goals win you games and he'll get about 20 a season if he plays regularly.

Brummie has explained many times why he isn't starting and why he believes it's correct.

It's nonsense.

Brummie has explained many times why he isn't starting and why he believes it's correct.

Found a post earlier in this thread suggesting that Weimann and Benteke work better as a partnership and that Bent has been out injured a bit... fair enough.

I'd wager if Bent was up top on his own he'd score more than those two as a partnership.

Just something doesn't seem right to me.