Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

get a grip people. honestly are those saying 9 do they honestly think we have a 1 in 10 chance of staying up? so come the final day of the season, you expect us to be dead and buried, with no hope and you honestly wont be surprised in any way? bollocks you will. im still on a 4.  however, i will change it after the west brom game if we fail to win. we have martins coming back and have signed nolan which improves us. boro, portsmouth, blackburn, west brom, stoke, hull are all in the shit more than us if you ask me.

if you project current form, we go down. How can they be more in the shit than that?

They are, and they haven't got their two main strikers out, the best one which will return either this or next week.

get a grip people. honestly are those saying 9 do they honestly think we have a 1 in 10 chance of staying up? so come the final day of the season, you expect us to be dead and buried, with no hope and you honestly wont be surprised in any way? bollocks you will. im still on a 4.  however, i will change it after the west brom game if we fail to win. we have martins coming back and have signed nolan which improves us. boro, portsmouth, blackburn, west brom, stoke, hull are all in the s*** more than us if you ask me.

if you project current form, we go down. How can they be more in the s*** than that?

injuries. portsmouth seem to be terrible, and are in worse form than us. stoke have barely any quality whatsover, as with boro. blackburn seem to be improving but the big sam effect will come soon. brom seem to be really good of late but willl they keep it up alll season? hull are shite. not saying we will go down or stay up for definate but giving what i have just said, how can anyone predict a 90% channce of relegation for us? there should be at least 3 of those before who we finish above. sunderland as well.

I would just like to say again to all the people saying nines and tens, that we aren't in the relegation zone, despite having gone over a month without our most important player.

And again, Michael Johnson (the player everyone seems to be gutted about us not getting) has barely played this season.

I would just like to say again to all the people saying nines and tens, that we aren't in the relegation zone, despite having gone over a month without our most important player.

And again, Michael Johnson (the player everyone seems to be gutted about us not getting) has barely played this season.

But we've played the games so far with Michael Owen, Habib Beye, Danny Guthrie, Charles N'Zogbia, Shay Given, Joey Barton to an extent, and still hover above the drop zone on goal difference. The squad is now weaker, those players are now either gone or crocked and the fixtures now get harder.

West Brom on Saturday is the biggest game we've played since Pompey at home in 1992 imo.

Thats the crazy thing, if we had signed Johnson I bet half the people cancelling season tickets and resigning themself to resignation wouldn't be acting like that at all.

But we've played the games so far with Michael Owen, Habib Beye, Danny Guthrie, Charles N'Zogbia, Shay Given, Joey Barton to an extent, and still hover above the drop zone on goal difference. The squad is now weaker, those players are now either gone or crocked and the fixtures now get harder.

West Brom on Saturday is the biggest game we've played since Pompey at home in 1992 imo.

Michael Owen has been beyond terrible since declining his new contract, Carroll has looked decent, and proved that he can score goals. Beye we will miss, no doubt. Guthrie has been replaced by Nolan, which in a relegation fight probably will be an upgrade. N'Zogbia is massively overrated and I'd rather have Duff on the wing than him. Shay will be missed, but if we get relegated, it won't be because we sold him. Barton has played, what, three games?

Add to this that Martins is on his way back, and that we've got better cover now than we did before January and Nicky Butt away from our starting eleven in a few weeks and I can't understand how anyone can be certain that we're going down.

Points are what matter. We are two points off bottom and 19th and one point off 18th. Blackburn in 18th have a game in hand. We may not go into the drop zone until the last day but that's when it counts. If we don't beat West Brom we are up shit creek without a paddle. Have a look at our March fixtures. Can you see us scoring any points? We haven't won for eight games! We have played 24 games and picked up 24 points. That form isn't going to save us.

Points are what matter. We are two points off bottom and 19th and one point off 18th. Blackburn in 18th have a game in hand. We may not go into the drop zone until the last day but that's when it counts. If we don't beat West Brom we are up shit creek without a paddle. Have a look at our March fixtures. Can you see us scoring any points? We haven't won for eight games!

Indeed, points are what matters, and right now, we've got more than three teams, and are above two more.

We haven't won for eight games, ironically, they are the eight games we've been without Martins, who is now returning from injury.

Michael Owen has been beyond terrible since declining his new contract, Carroll has looked decent, and proved that he can score goals. Beye we will miss, no doubt. Guthrie has been replaced by Nolan, which in a relegation fight probably will be an upgrade. N'Zogbia is massively overrated and I'd rather have Duff on the wing than him. Shay will be missed, but if we get relegated, it won't be because we sold him. Barton has played, what, three games?

Add to this that Martins is on his way back, and that we've got better cover now than we did before January and Nicky Butt away from our starting eleven in a few weeks and I can't understand how anyone can be certain that we're going down.

Aye Barton's played three games and we won two of them. Not far off the same stats for Charles N'Zogbia on the left wing as it happens.

How is Nicky Butt away from the line up in a few weeks? And if Michael Owen is beyond terrible, who the fuck else would have scored eight league goals this season? Martins is our only possible saving grace.

Aye Barton's played three games and we won two of them. Not far off the same stats for Charles N'Zogbia on the left wing as it happens.

How the fuck is Nicky Butt away from the line up in a few weeks?

Guthrie and Nolan

Guthrie and Nolan

Guthrie who's probably out for the season? Regardless, if you think JFK is doing to drop Butt, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Guthrie and Nolan

Guthrie who's probably out for the season? Regardless, if you think JFK is doing to drop Butt, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

Physioroom has him to return 22nd of February. Apologies of that's "wide of the mark" like.

I respect people's optimism and of course there's still time, but I'm thick enough to watch around five premier league games every weekend and it's a motherfuckin fact that we play the worst football out of all clubs - and I'm including Stoke 'long throw' City in that.

We've had two decent games this season - Man Utd away and Villa home. That's it - two games out of twenty four. Add Kinnear's inadequacy, the lost points against relegation rivals, the injuries and the lack of reinforcements to that and you can see why it's extremely hard for me to be optimistic.

I don't doubt that there are worse squads out there, it's just that they compensate the lack of quality with passion and commitment on the field. At the same time we're having the patience of watching wasters like Damien Duff and Nicky Butt single-handedly costing us points every week, because they don't care about nothing else than the fat pay checks we're paying them. And I'm sure the worst is yet to come, because undoubtedly it would take ages for Kinnear to find out that Smith is useless, if he ever realizes it.

I just pray that Oba comes back healthy and is strong enough to carry us on his own like he did in the Roeder season. That's our only hope.

I respect people's optimism and of course there's still time, but I'm thick enough to watch around five premier league games every weekend and it's a motherfuckin fact that we play the worst football out of all clubs - and I'm including Stoke 'long throw' City in that.

We've had two decent games this season - Man Utd away and Villa home. That's it - two games out of twenty four. Add Kinnear's inadequacy, the lost points against relegation rivals, the injuries and the lack of reinforcements to that and you can see why it's extremely hard for me to be optimistic.

I don't doubt that there are worse squads out there, it's just that they compensate the lack of quality with passion and commitment on the field. At the same time we're having the patience of watching wasters like Damien Duff and Nicky Butt single-handedly costing us points every week, because they don't care about nothing else than the fat pay checks we're paying them. And I'm sure the worst is yet to come, because undoubtedly it would take ages for Kinnear to find out that Smith is useless, if he ever realizes it.

I just pray that Oba comes back healthy and is strong enough to carry us on his own like he did in the Roeder season. That's our only hope.

i'd also say they have a pretty coherent game plan, a settled/balanced side and a manager who knows what they are doing. we all know stoke city are shit but they have certain strengths that they play to and they make a half decent fist of it. we have more quality (when players are fit) but there's no overall vision, our squad is an unbalanced mess, a hodge-podge of signings from different managers or even scouts that doesn't really amount to a team.

i'd also say they have a pretty coherent game plan, a settled/balanced side and a manager who knows what they are doing. we all know stoke city are s*** but they have certain strengths that they play to and they make a half decent fist of it. we have more quality (when players are fit) but there's no overall vision, our squad is an unbalanced mess, a hodge-podge of signings from different managers or even scouts that doesn't really amount to a team.

Stoke have tactics. Yes, they're really horrible to look at, but they have a game plan. As do West Brom and Hull.

Kinnear is blatantly one of those managers who just whips up a basic 4-4-2 and says "alright lads go out there and do your best!" (As are, I suspect, Southgate and Adams)

We're like the noob FM player who just chooses one of the default options and never changes it.

i'd also say they have a pretty coherent game plan, a settled/balanced side and a manager who knows what they are doing. we all know stoke city are s*** but they have certain strengths that they play to and they make a half decent fist of it. we have more quality (when players are fit) but there's no overall vision, our squad is an unbalanced mess, a hodge-podge of signings from different managers or even scouts that doesn't really amount to a team.

Exactly

10 - That's it.  Game over.

Bollocks.

Do people really think that Michael Johnson would have kept us up and that we're doomed without him?

Not bothered about signing Michael Johnson, but this transfer window has now closed with the squad in a more precarious position than when we went in, but with a bit more money in the bank.

The last month and a half since Portsmouth has been one downward spiral.  We have fuck all in the way of creativity - the match against the Mackems the only way we were going to score was going to be a penalty or a free kick.  Our midfield has either Nicky Butt or Geremi as one of the first choice players for at least the next ten weeks.  We've got very little up front at the moment and are pinning our hopes on one of the most erratic forwards in the league coming back and rescuing us.  On top of that we've just sold our most senior player and best keeper to one of our rivals in the clarty end of the league.  Also, our 10million pound star defender is going through a spell of utter dogshit form, with his personal errors and weakness costing dearly at the minute.

This weekend we are going to play one of our rivals with an even weaker team that was put out yesterday, unless we get the erratic forward back in by then.

Not looking too good at the minute in my book.

Given, Nzogbia out

Lovenpants, taylor, Nolan in

We have weakened the quality of our team during a relegation battle. Who is going to score the goals to keep us up? Who is going to supply the service to this mystery saviour striker from our dour midfield? Who is going to change JFK long ball style that every p.league manager has already worked out how to pick apart?

The reality is that we have to hope and pray that there are 3 worse teams than us. And that is the hardest part of this season for me, watching a KK inspired draw at Man utd, to praying there are 3 worse teams than us to keep us in the PL playing wimbledon FC football. I feel like crying, i really fucking do.  

Stoke have tactics. Yes, they're really horrible to look at, but they have a game plan. As do West Brom and Hull.

Kinnear is blatantly one of those managers who just whips up a basic 4-4-2 and says "alright lads go out there and do your best!" (As are, I suspect, Southgate and Adams)

We're like the noob FM player who just chooses one of the default options and never changes it.

god knows what Adams does. the way he's gone about things i think he probably has some good ideas and is a canny coach, just not cut out to be a manager at all.

Exactly

yep, all present and correct there gents - i'm moving from my original starting point of 7 to an 8 now, the west brom game will determine whether that becomes a 9 or remains an 8; anything less than a win it might as well be a 10 actually