Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Never really thought it was a possibility until today.

Run in, to me, is very tough. Who among the group of tiny-hearted mini-men we have on the pitch is mentally strong enough to deal with the desperation of two away fixtures against relegation-threatened teams? Leicester's won four straight and clearly have 100x the heart and spirit we do. We lose in a week's time - especially as we play the lunchtime match- and it's an incentive for the other strugglers to give it that little bit more. Additionally, we're led by Captain Caveman so who in the world knows what depths we're capable of reaching?

The WBA match is the one. If we do anything other than win, we're a distinct possibility to drop. Win it and we're safe.

It's us or Sunderland for that last spot, convinced of it. Where are we going to get a point from, Carver hasn't got a clue how to pick the players up and grind out a win or draw.

Hell, Swansea were fucking terrible today and still beat us easily, we simply cannot defend and fairly toothless in attack

Looking at our 4 fixtures:

Leicester are flying at the moment and it's difficult to see how this NUFC team can stop the run they are on. However that may instill a bit of complacency in them and tbh they were one of the worst teams I've seen Play at SJP early season. Looks like a home banker on paper but we may sneak a draw from it.

QPR at home have a half decent record, way better at home than away, we've beaten them though late in the season when we've needed to before, much I think will depend on their desire, if they still have a chance to stay up we could lose easily, but if they are already down then may be a good chance to pick up a vital point.

West Brom aren't mathematically safe yet, only 2 pts ahead of us, they could be a lot more comfortable once we play them. Pulis usually sets his teams up to not lose away from home, that could be in our favour, if we can find some defsive ability we should get a point here.

West Ham, last game of the season, with nothing to play for, you would have to expect that we would get something from the game, but we are so bad at the moment that we can't rely on their non interest.

I think 2 more points are needed for survival, 35 probably won't be enough now, the home games are the easiest, but get a point at Leicester and we would be virtually there. This nufc team though under the kit man is perfectly capable of losing all our remaining games, 11 in a row no problem at all.

Hull's remaining fixtures.

Liverpool (H), Arsenal (H), Burnley (H), Spurs (A), Man Utd (H).

We would have to assume that Sunderland, Leicester, and Villa all move above us with Hull having to make up at least 4 points from their remaining fixtures for us to go down. The chances are unlikely, but if anyone is to go down under unlikely circumstances then it would bound to be us. A couple of points could prove crucial, and with our remaining fixtures they are gainable.

We are by no means out of the woods, but we are not far from being there.

I think I'd rather follow my team and support it the way I used to in trying to get out of the 3rd Division without Ashley rather than have no connection whatsoever and passively watch us go through the motions year after year after year with Ashley still here.

I know it's not as easy as that but I want to feel part of Newcastle United again. At the minute I feel nothing, win (:lol:) or lose, and I want that emotion back again regardless of the cost. Not saying I'm actively wanting us to go down but I wouldn't give the first f*** if it happened. Desperate times need desperate solutions.

Totally agree. I would die to be a bag of nerves again on a Saturday afternoon, ecstatic after a good result, and daydreaming about potential success. Right now I just keep up with the Ashley Out campaign and that's it, otherwise just looking for other clubs around Europe to adopt as a rebound football relationship :(

If we stay up its because of the rough run ins for teams below us and nothing to do with us, I can't see where our next point is coming from but I don't think the likes of Hull and Sunderland have enough in the tank to catch us. We're literally going to survive on 35 points because some other dross can't catch us on an 11 game losing streak, beautiful!

Where the heck people are getting this idea from that we're going to pick up points is beyond me. We've got a very thin squad, low on quality (and no motivation to play for the club anymore), with a 'head coach' who hasn't a clue, no balls, and has completely lost the plot. Good fucking luck with that.

Where the heck people are getting this idea from that we're going to pick up points is beyond me. We've got a very thin squad, low on quality (and no motivation to play for the club anymore), with a 'head coach' who hasn't a clue, no balls, and has completely lost the plot. Good fucking luck with that.

We won't need to.

QPR are going to get six points max, which would give them 33. Burnley have to play Hull and Villa, they can't all win. All Hull's other games are ones they'd lose 99 times out of 100. Mackems have three away games they'll almost certainly lose and one of their others is Leicester.

35 points is already enough.

Ideally we finish 17th by a single point.

Mike Ashley would view that as his mega risky gamble paying off and him being proved correct. We hear in the Chronicle the club saying they've learned their lesson. Well they didn't learn the lesson last season or in the last transfer window. The idiots don't seem to realise the lower we finish the harder it is to attract decent players and the more money players will want to come to a bottom half team.

Where the heck people are getting this idea from that we're going to pick up points is beyond me. We've got a very thin squad, low on quality (and no motivation to play for the club anymore), with a 'head coach' who hasn't a clue, no balls, and has completely lost the plot. Good f***ing luck with that.

We won't need to.

QPR are going to get six points max, which would give them 33. Burnley have to play Hull and Villa, they can't all win. All Hull's other games are ones they'd lose 99 times out of 100. Mackems have three away games they'll almost certainly lose and one of their others is Leicester.

35 points is already enough.

Is this your reckoning or have some numbers/odds been taken into consideration here?

Burnley (26pts)

West Ham (a)

Hull (a)

Stoke (h)

Villa (a)

QPR (27pts)

Liverpool (a)

Man City (a)

Newcastle (h)

Leicester (a)

Sunderland (30pts)

Southampton (h)

Everton (a)

Leicester (h)

Arsenal (a)

Chelsea (a)

Leicester (31pts)

Chelsea (h)

Newcastle (h)

Southampton (h)

Sunderland (a)

QPR (h)

Hull (31pts)

Liverpool (h)

Arsenal (h)

Burnley (h)

Spurs (a)

Man Utd (h)

Villa (32pts)

Everton (h)

West Ham (h)

Southampton (a)

Burnley (h)

Guest chopey

We will stay up but what happens next season ? it looks like 10 + players will leave and although I do believe we will replace them the replacements will be unproven forrins, I can see us starting next season with a team with virtually no Premier league experience. 

When we went down in 08/09 we shipped 59 goals and had a GD of -19. With 4 games to play we've shipped 57 this season and have a GD of -21.

Stay up, go down, it's been another horrific season whether we finish above that dotted line or below it. It's relegation numbers and relegation football.

When we went down in 08/09 we shipped 59 goals and had a GD of -19. With 4 games to play we've shipped 57 this season and have a GD of -21.

Stay up, go down, it's been another horrific season whether we finish above that dotted line or below it. It's relegation numbers and relegation football.

Take out the five wins in a row and we've taken 20 points from the other 29 games. Over 38 games that's a 26 point season. :slowclap:

If QPR are still in touch by the time they play us, they've got 2 winnable games to end on. Hull may fancy a shot at Liverpool, but the Burnley game is their main chance. If Sunderland lose to Southampton next week, you can put a fork in them too.