Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

This thread is kind of pointless if all we do is look at results. Obviously if results continue, we will go down. Nobody disputes that.

It's the results that'll decide whether or not we stay up. Based on what we've done so far and our ridiculous record of not scoring in 6 of our 11 league games whilst conceding an average of 2 goals a game suggests we're going to struggle regardless of anything else.

This thread is kind of pointless if all we do is look at results. Obviously if results continue, we will go down. Nobody disputes that.

Aye, but there is no evidence right now to suggest we're turning a corner any time soon.

Well, I think we're performing better and we seem to be developing an understanding. We had about 5 chances to win the game today and dominated it almost throughout. Obviously it's concerning that we didn't manage it.

We played far better on the opening day of the season (against a far better team) than we did today mind.

It is just too hard for us to get anything right now, whether is it's bad luck, poor refereeing, running into a keeper playing on fire or whatever, we can't get the results. It's a big relegation sign and a huge indication that this is not going to end well this season.

Agree with this. We need to be winning games like todays.

Fear for us.

Need 7 points from the next 3 games.

We keep saying this. Bournemouth is a must win, no doubt.

Yeah, if we cant beat Bournemouth then we wont win an away game this season. They aren't very good and ravaged by injuries. An injury to Vardy next week would be awesome.

I'm caught between two opinions on us going down. On the one hand we look a better football team under McClaren than we have for at least 2 years. It was only really the Swansea game where we were completely abject. We'd usually suffer a hopeless hammering at least once a month under Pardew and then Carver. We actually look like we play with a system now and with time you'd hope the team will progress.

On the other hand the results are awful. We've created a massive task for ourselves and after the hope of the Norwich win it looks like we're going to be in and around the bottom three until the very end. I don't particularly feel confident going into any game. I don't think we're one of the worst three teams in the league but if we're

not winning playing well that's an awful sign, especially at home.

Looking at some of the teams around us we can stay in touch as bad as we are. The key for me in January. We need to sign a proven striker, goalkeeper and central defender. If we piss about with transfer fees and try and chance things/take a risk then I can see us going down. Buy the right players and we'll stop up but I don't think McClaren has what it takes with what we have now to stay up.

There seems to be some complacency from the club that we will get through to January, recruit some new players and all will be well.  I am not so confident.  If we cannot beat Sunderland and Stoke, I can't see many points being picked up in many of the games till the end of the year.  And will the new players (if they can actually get the ones they want - not likely if we are still in the bottom 3) adapt to the Premier League soon enough to make a difference?  Our hope seems to be that other teams continue to struggle around us so that we stay in touch with them but Allardyce could get Sunderland picking up a few points and a new manager at Villa could make a difference there.

http://i.imgur.com/cBRvSau.png

2015 in the league.

P30 W4 D8 L18 F30 A57 GD-27

20 points from 90. 13% win ratio.

Absolutely f***ing disgraceful.

McClaren has less points than even fucking Carver after his first 11 games total fucking joke.

Don't care how well we have played or how unlucky we have been, the points on the board is shocking. McClaren has to start turning these games in to wins before the real pressure cranks up. I think as a squad on paper there are quite a few worse ones in the league, but ours is playing nowhere near it's potential and until that changes relegation is massive threat.