Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Our bacon was saved last season by those flurry of results in October and November.  We are two games into our supposedly easier run and we've picked up 1 point, we are in massive trouble if we don't beat Bournemouth and  at least 1 of either Leicester or Palace.

There seems to be some complacency from the club that we will get through to January, recruit some new players and all will be well.  I am not so confident.  If we cannot beat Sunderland and Stoke, I can't see many points being picked up in many of the games till the end of the year.  And will the new players (if they can actually get the ones they want - not likely if we are still in the bottom 3) adapt to the Premier League soon enough to make a difference?  Our hope seems to be that other teams continue to struggle around us so that we stay in touch with them but Allardyce could get Sunderland picking up a few points and a new manager at Villa could make a difference there.

Not even cannot beat, cannot even score.

Played Watford, Mackems, Stoke and Swansea, all teams you should be looking to beat and scored 1 goal. Worrying, even if we are creating more chances now than previous.

Going into the season if you said we'd be only a point off Chelsea in November I'd have taken it all day.

but yeah we're still in bad shape..

:lol: Well, you know we got 3 points today. But we played shit. Worrying stuff.

Bournemouth & Sunderland will go down. I think Norwich will struggle, Garde has a massive job at Villa. I think we'll be ok.

Aye, as shit as we undoubtedly are, I think we'll match or better the points tally of the current bottom 3. We've got a 6 point cushion on Villa, 4 on Sunderland and we're a couple ahead of Bournemouth. Villa could pass us if Garde gets off to a flier but we could just as easily reel in Norwich, West Brom etc.

Not trying to spin this as a successful season at all but I don't think we'll finish in the bottom 3.

We need to start reeling in the likes of Stoke, Palace, Watford over the next month. This is the level we've fallen to. :lol:

I think last season proved that even when we look like we're actively trying to go down there's always a few sides even worse than us. We install Carver as manager who proceeds to go on the longest losing run of any Newcastle manager in 123 years and we still survive. We're dreadful and yet it's becoming apparent that there a handful of teams that, somehow, are even shitter.

We need to start reeling in the likes of Stoke, Palace, Watford over the next month. This is the level we've fallen to. :lol:

I think last season proved that even when we look like we're actively trying to go down there's always a few sides even worse than us. We install Carver as manager who proceeds to go on the longest losing run of any Newcastle manager in 123 years and we still survive. We're dreadful and yet it's becoming apparent that there a handful of teams that, somehow, are even shitter.

its the dream ticket for Ashley.

I remember when Hull came up, they just survived, had a good first half of the next season then fell away, not sure if they just stayed up that season and went down the next or went down that season. Anyway Liecester remind me of them, I think they will have a shocker in the 2nd half of the season.

Sunderland have a massive challenge, us aside I'm not sure if they will win another game this season. Aston Villa really need to pick up points as well. Bournemouth will struggle as the season goes on, Norwich have a chance of staying up because of other teams, Stoke don't look solid enough as past Stoke teams have been, WBA will be down there, and Palace are due their Pardew losing run.

We have enough quality to not only be safe but to also finish in a reasonable position of mid table, it just need to click for us.

Not sure yet. Today was a fluke and we should have lost. Need to win our home games and sign 3 first team players in January.

January is everything. I don't see how we can stay up with our current CM options personally, we need a presence in there ASAP. A normal club would aim to sign two but we'll be lucky with one, which might be enough as long as we get another striker and some better defenders.

Looking at our line up of games, I can't see us getting many points for a while.

Can't see us getting anything from Leicester, Palace, Scousers or Spurs. Villa is a huge 6 pointer. Then we have a very tough Xmas and January.

I think we'll be okay.

That said, Bournemouth type injuries to key players and we won't be, so I kind of hope we won't be too well placed in January and two or three players get bought. Twenty something points by mid January and you can see Fatty leaving things as they are. The brinksmanship we had last time, and that year the Bosingwa howlers kept us up.

If the whole thing about transfer windows is just a bluff and they have no intention of buying anyone, we need every single point we can get any which way and pray that Ayoze, Mitro, Wini, Janmaat etc. stay fit.

Looking at our line up of games, I can't see us getting many points for a while.

Can't see us getting anything from Leicester, Palace, Scousers or Spurs. Villa is a huge 6 pointer. Then we have a very tough Xmas and January.

Reading that I was thinking how come all are games are so hard this season. Then I realised they aren't, it's just that we never used to be frightened of teams like Leicester and Palace before.

They might intend to buy like, nobody can afford to go down with the new TV shizzle.

Somebody has to go.

Yes, but I assume we don't want it to be us.

Its never stopped them underinvesting before...