Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

4-4-2 with 2 central midfielders out wide and 2 usless ones in the middle is a massive part of the problem. Would like to see us revert back to 4-3-3 with Anita sitting behind Sissoko and Wijnaldum, Thuavin on the right and Ayoze on the left. Couldn't be any worse than the last few performances.

I'd go with that.  Worked well at Norwich.  Been utter shit ever since and it seems like we won't go away from it, despite how bad it looks. 

8/10.  I am really worried now.  The only thing that gives me hope and stops it being 10/10.  Is the fact that Villa look dead and buried and sunderland are awful.  They will probably go, even though we'll gift them 6 points again. 

So we're in a battle, with some very average teams, for the third and final spot.  I think we'll probably scrape by and finish 16th or so.  What an exciting thing to look forward to every season.   

I think we'll spend a bit in Jan.  Just like in 2013 when it looked like we were going down.

Garde has had one game at Villa aye? I wouldn't count them out just yet seeing as he's supposed to be able to put together a defensive unit.

4-4-2 with 2 central midfielders out wide and 2 usless ones in the middle is a massive part of the problem. Would like to see us revert back to 4-3-3 with Anita sitting behind Sissoko and Wijnaldum, Thuavin on the right and Ayoze on the left. Couldn't be any worse than the last few performances.

I'd go with that.  Worked well at Norwich.  Been utter s*** ever since and it seems like we won't go away from it, despite how bad it looks. 

8/10.  I am really worried now.  The only thing that gives me hope and stops it being 10/10.  Is the fact that Villa look dead and buried and sunderland are awful.  They will probably go, even though we'll gift them 6 points again. 

So we're in a battle, with some very average teams, for the third and final spot.  I think we'll probably scrape by and finish 16th or so.  What an exciting thing to look forward to every season.   

I think we'll spend a bit in Jan.  Just like in 2013 when it looked like we were going down. 

We played 4-3-3 all second half on Saturday and looked even worse :lol:

I'd go with that.  Worked well at Norwich.  Been utter s*** ever since and it seems like we won't go away from it, despite how bad it looks. 

Luckily, I didn't watch the game TBF.  Sounds like we're doomed then.  Unless we decide to actually invest in some midfielders and a goal scorer.  Oh and a centre back and a left back.  A new manager would be good too :lol:

Garde has had one game at Villa aye? I wouldn't count them out just yet seeing as he's supposed to be able to put together a defensive unit.

2 games.  Unlucky against City not to nick a win.  They played pretty well.  Then raped 4-0 by Everton.  I can't see them staying up. 

Luckily, I didn't watch the game TBF.  Sounds like we're doomed then.  Unless we decide to actually invest in some midfielders and a goal scorer.  Oh and a centre back and a left back.  A new manager would be good too :lol:

It was absolutely God-awful :lol: I think we're pretty far away from a 4-3-3 now, nowhere near the right balance of central midfielders and no competent/ready wide players. As crap as it is, the weird hybrid 4-4-2 is probably our best bet until January.

Still think there's worse than us that will save us. Sunderland & Bournemouth 100% gone imo. Would take something massive from Garde to save Villa and Norwich look poor too.

Yup. The bottom five are so poor - Bournemouth have been screwed by injuries, Villa are even more bereft of confidence than you, and Sunderland and Norwich are essentially Championship squads with a couple of decent players. That 6-2 did happen, and you should have gubbed Sunderland.

So much depends on January. Garde and Allardyce will have a chance to remodel their teams a little. Villa's net spend in the summer was less than 10M. I don't think Bournemouth have the money to do anything, unless they work some loan magic, and Norwich will struggle to attract players. The big question is whether Ashley will open his chequebook up, given that you spent a shit-ton of money this summer. I think that if he does, you'll be fine - but it will be ugly.

I certainly don't think Bournemouth are anything like a certainty to go.

It'll be 2 from us, mackems and villa joined by Norwich imho.

I think Allardyce will be given good dollar in Jan to keep them up and probably manage it. He's just got to find a formula to stop them conceding and make them boring. He'll do that imho.

Still think there's worse than us that will save us. Sunderland & Bournemouth 100% gone imo. Would take something massive from Garde to save Villa and Norwich look poor too.

Yup. The bottom five are so poor - Bournemouth have been screwed by injuries, Villa are even more bereft of confidence than you, and Sunderland and Norwich are essentially Championship squads with a couple of decent players. That 6-2 did happen, and you should have gubbed Sunderland.

So much depends on January. Garde and Allardyce will have a chance to remodel their teams a little. Villa's net spend in the summer was less than 10M. I don't think Bournemouth have the money to do anything, unless they work some loan magic, and Norwich will struggle to attract players. The big question is whether Ashley will open his chequebook up, given that you spent a shit-ton of money this summer. I think that if he does, you'll be fine - but it will be ugly.

You must be feeling pretty smug right now after last season.

Bournemouth, us, mackems, Norwich, Villa and West Brom for me...all scrapping for the three places.

We have some major disadvantages over some of those sides too imo...worse manager than at least 2, arguably 3 of them. No fight, desire or leadership in the squad. Owner from hell. Clueless board. Criminally shit medical and physio team.

General malaise around the club, divided support and still seen as 'big' scalp for other teams who may just take the foot off when playing some of the others.

IMO we are screwed.

So much depends on January. Garde and Allardyce will have a chance to remodel their teams a little. Villa's net spend in the summer was less than 10M. I don't think Bournemouth have the money to do anything, unless they work some loan magic, and Norwich will struggle to attract players. The big question is whether Ashley will open his chequebook up, given that you spent a s***-ton of money this summer. I think that if he does, you'll be fine - but it will be ugly.

You must be feeling pretty smug right now after last season.

After last season? This ain't the place for smug though :lol:. Although I did read the KUMB match thread start to finish.

I know that there's a growing narrative that it's not just the coaching, that you guys are desperately lacking in quality, but I still think you're in a better position than the other four I mentioned. You need a leader, that much is clear. McLaren wouldn't fill me with confidence.

Your next three games look a bit scary, but then it's Villa at home. That's the acid test.

Bournemouth, us, mackems, Norwich, Villa and West Brom for me...all scrapping for the three places.

We have some major disadvantages over some of those sides too imo...worse manager than at least 2, arguably 3 of them. No fight, desire or leadership in the squad. Owner from hell. Clueless board. Criminally shit medical and physio team.

General malaise around the club, divided support and still seen as 'big' scalp for other teams who may just take the foot off when playing some of the others.

IMO we are screwed.

Agree with the first five. Would probably take WBA out of it as they will pick up wins. I also feel Bournemouth should be ok as Wilson is back in 6 weeks and they won't be cut adrift. They deserved 3 points against us and picked up one away at Swansea. 4 from those 6 would have made a big difference to them.

Norwich/US/Villa/Mackems is my bottom four. Any order you like.

We have played well today other than a few outbreaks of defensive shitness.

We have missed three sitters and managed six shots on target in 45 minutes which never normally happens

The problem is we are so utterly fucking fragile. The manager has the nack of picking the right team but he just needs to keep the confidence there until January.

If we can stay in touch till January we have a chance. If not, then we are doomed.

Amazingly we still aren't cut adrift. In most previous seasons any team with 10 points from 14 games would be miles behind the rest. Relegation could still be avoided with a new inspirational manager and heavy investment in the transfer window (on January the 1st not the 31st) buying/loaning experienced players.

Mike Ashley is desperate for NUFC to remain in the Premiership for next seasons bumper money. If we get relegated he'll be full of ambition to get NUFC promoted back to the Premiership. When it comes to football he never seems to learn from his mistakes though.

Guest Roger Kint

Going to take a remarkable turnaround to avoid the drop now. We're obviously not cut adrift but the culture of losing just shows no sign of changing.

Only thing that will save us is 3/4 players completely revamping the spine of the team. We will get one player and Armstrong back from loan because the club wont bankrupt us having more than 25 senior players in the squad