Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

7.5 (moving upwards)

We're a team that can't break teams down that come to defend at SJP, so winning the Pompey, Fulham and smogs games becomes difficult evidenced in Stoke, Wigan, Bolton games - 5 points.

Mancs, Arse and Chelsea at home are there for us to try an exploit teams who come and play football against us. Likely to involve a couple of heavy beatings but maybe Arse there for the taking if we fight them for it. Evidenced in Villa game - 0/3 points

Away from home we're likely to get picked off by everyone so maybe looking at sneaking a win somewhere and another draw - 4 points

Will 9 keep us up, doubtful and we'll be depending on others. 12 might still be tight though. Yes there are plenty of worse teams but they'll start flighting for it an i'm not sure we can or know how to.

I'll stand by original points thoughts but its now an 8.25 and moving upwards. The Bolton result for us and last night results for others have raised the likely safety bar and lowered our prospects of getting over it. Hull is now a must win as it deprives then of points and if people think 9 points is the required total they almost have to come against Hull, Stock and the Smogs. And i don't think 9 will be enough.

If we do go down, we'll be the richest club ever to play in the second tier of English football.

QPR have richer owners though. ;)

:razz:

I already thought of that, not on the account sheet they arent.

It's 50-50 for me, at best, and will all come down to the last few games and whether our players have the bottle for it. If they do, they'll get enough points from the run-in to survive. We've better players than the other realistic candidates to go down, but nobody worth a shite to organise and motivate them. It'll be down to the players to do it themselves for the most part.

Then, this was obvious when we decided back in September to play out the season without a manager.

I'll be honest, I've sort of zoned out a bit the last few months. Was always gonna be touch and go come April with Kinnear in charge, fair play to anyone who had any hope we'd not be fighting for survival this year.

Of the 5 away fixtures left, we'll get 4 points at the absolute maximum. That's assuming we get unbelievably jammy in one of them and get an undeserved win. Most likely we'll lose 4 and nick a point somewhere.

The next 2 home games look a write-off, hopefully we can put up a performance in one of them and nick a point.

It's the final three home games that'll decide this thing. All are very much winnable, but the way we've been this season we're just as likely to lose them. Let's hope we get it together and can pick up 6 points or more from them. Do that, and we'll probably be OK.

Best thing is that if we do stay up Kinnear will be extended and we'll get to do it all again next year.

Guest RowanB

if we lose at hull, ill go up to a 5. i still think thats realistic given that there are other w*** teams around us, and when push comes to shove we do have a better squad than all of them.

Lose to Hull and you're fifty/fifty as to whether we go down?

:lol: Christ, i admire your optimism. Lose to Hull and i'm done tbh, given the coming fixtures. Three points at Hull will give us a vital bit of a ledge to cling on to, as we inevitably fall away given the rotten upcoming fixtures.

Miss out on that and it's goodnight Vienna imo.

We're currently trading at 2.9 to go down at Betfair, implying we've got a 34.5% chance of going down. Chris's prediction is possibly slightly pessimistic with regard to the state of the Betfair relegation market.

last night changes little for me, im on 5, but if we lose in a pathetic style to Hull, im going to 8.

You're right, but it does suggest that we have the ability to actually play well. Hopefully we can do it another few times before the end of the season.

last night changes little for me, im on 5, but if we lose in a pathetic style to Hull, im going to 8.

You're right, but it does suggest that we have the ability to actually play well. Hopefully we can do it another few times before the end of the season.

Its that ability/ application balance, that last night exposed, which is why i think we are Bummed if they dont turn up against Hull.

Its that ability/ application balance, that last night exposed, which is why i think we are Bummed if they dont turn up against Hull.

Which is something that we have an annoying history of doing. We don't show up for the winnable games.

Yep, once again the games between the bottom clubs will decide who goes down.

And we have to play 6 of our remaining 10 fixtures against clubs also in danger of relegation. How many of those 6 can we win?

Yep, once again the games between the bottom clubs will decide who goes down.

And we have to play 6 of our remaining 10 fixtures against clubs also in danger of relegation. How many of those 6 can we win?

The ones at home if we have Owen and Martins fit, plus Barton should play in a couple.

We've beaten the Spuds the last six times we've played them in the league, so we have to consider that a very winnable game.

:no:

I don't know if you've noticed, but they're fucking shit too. Don't be blinded by a good result against an awful away middlesboro team. Very winnable, although I wouldn't have considered us favourites.

We've beaten the Spuds the last six times we've played them in the league, so we have to consider that a very winnable game.

I don't know if you've noticed, but they're fucking shit too. Don't be blinded by a good result against an awful away middlesboro team. Very winnable, although I wouldn't have considered us favourites.

I just think we have failed in so many other "winnable"games this season that I dont think we can label any of the remaining fixtures the same (the Stoke game still pisses me off)

I just think we have failed in so many other "winnable"games this season that I dont think we can label any of the remaining fixtures the same (the Stoke game still pisses me off)

This is true. The danger is that we will draw too many of these games like we have been doing all season.