Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Problem is there's no margin for error any more - winnable games are great in theory but you're exceptionally vulnerable to something like a daft sending off (Colo in the last derby for instance) or a game where everything clicks for the opposition, like the mackems beating Man Utd.

Even if McClaren is fired and replaced with a decent manager, avoiding relegation won't be easy. If they appointed Benitez I wouldn't assume everything will suddenly be fine. It would massively improve our chances though.

Decent manager takes us from 100% certain to 50/50 I reckon, still has the same s**** to work with and not much time.

Sunderland

Norwich

Swansea

Palace

Villa

There's 5 games straight away that a decent manager could get us victories in and quite possibly keep us up in doing so.

It's nowhere near impossible for us to stay up when you look at our remaining games but I think it is if you leave McClaren in charge.

I know what you're saying, but a new manager would still be inheriting a team with glaring weaknesses and a squad whose spirit is completely broken.

I agree but you usually find there's a bounce when a new manager comes in and players tend to respond to them as its a fresh start and a chance to impress.

Obviously there's no guarantees with our squad as you never know what we're going to get but i'd certainly be more confident if McClaren wasn't here and we did bring in a Moyes/Rodgers/Rafa.

I don't think we'll beat Sunderland anyway, Sam will have them breaking down walls to beat us.

Sam is hardly some great motivational guru. He's just basically come in and tried to get them to defend for their lives and it hasn't exactly worked. It's Defoe's goals which are keeping them in it, and that's despite Allardyce not because of him.

I don't think we'll beat Sunderland anyway, Sam will have them breaking down walls to beat us.

Sam is hardly some great motivational guru. He's just basically come in and tried to get them to defend for their lives and it hasn't exactly worked. It's Defoe's goals which are keeping them in it, and that's despite Allardyce not because of him.

I agree, but he has a deep reservoir of hatred for Newcastle which he can tap into. And we have no motivation whatsoever.

I agree, but he has a deep reservoir of hatred for Newcastle which he can tap into. And we have no motivation whatsoever.

I think his defensive mindset works against him. Sunderland were the worst they've been against us in years at their place, they were reeking of fear until we had Colo sent off with virtually their first attack and a penalty awarded. If we had any sort of finishing ability we'd have been in the lead well before that.

Aye a Sam Allardyce team could have sent us down on the last day of last season but he failed miserably to get his West Ham team motivated to do anything in that game.

Different situation now of course but I can see Sunderland being ultra defensive against us and it will lead to a very cagey game.

I'm struggling to believe that there is anyone left who isn't at 10 now.

Lack of action has effectively resigned us to relegation.

Well done, wankers. Getting this team relegated is quite an achievement.

Guest Phillipealbert

I'm struggling to believe that there is anyone left who isn't at 10 now.

Lack of action has effective resigned us to relegation.

Well done, w*****s. Getting this team relegated is quite an achievement.

I'm not a 10. I'm a 7.

Swansea, the lowest of those teams, are nine points (assuming we lose to Man C) clear of the relegation zone. Even if they lost every single game,which is unlikely given that they've won 4 of the last 9, then it would still require two of us, Sunderland and Norwich to improve on our less than 1 pt per game record so far this season.

Swansea, the lowest of those teams, are nine points (assuming we lose to Man C) clear of the relegation zone. Even if they lost every single game,which is unlikely given that they've won 4 of the last 9, then it would still require two of us, Sunderland and Norwich to improve on our less than 1 pt per game record so far this season.

Sunderland won away at Man City and Chelsea not so long ago to survive, when they looked dead and buried.

Leicester won pretty much everywhere last season when they looked dead and buried.

Those 3 teams are not out of it, they need to pick up results otherwise they are in great danger. As I said, this is the time of the year that one or two teams pick up some surprise results.

The average total for 18th place (ie going down) in the history of the Premier League is less than 36 points. Swansea and Palace need one win to beat it. Bournemouth need one draw.

They're safe, man.

I'm a 7.

We've got some relatively winnable games left, especially at home.

Still don't think that Palace, Swansea and Bournemouth are out of it yet, this time of year teams at the bottom pick up shock wins.

Love the avatar. I'm sure you aren't taking the piss at all.

Aye - to steal a phrase from a beloved football manager, it's a four team league.

Barring a minor miracle, it'll definitely be two from us, Mackems and Norwich joining Villa.