Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

What was our situation like this time last season? Think we're more in the shit now than we were last year and we needed the final day to stay up then  :undecided:

However,I have complete faith in the big man.

91a170c3c1f0375c7d126a0160913e4f.png

Edit: We finished on 39 points :lol:

Fucking hell, if Palace have an end of season similar to what we had last season then they really could go down.

The task is far from insurmountable. If you asked me, do I think we'll stay up - yes or no - right now I'd answer no. The fixtures are kind and we're only a point behind.

Edit: I actually meant 'yes'. :lol: I'm so mint at posting.

What was our situation like this time last season? Think we're more in the s*** now than we were last year and we needed the final day to stay up then  :undecided:

Christ, look at Leicester. We're they really that adrift...there's surely never been such a turnaround in fortunes. At least not in the premiership.

Villa better not get any fucking ideas.

What was our situation like this time last season? Think we're more in the s*** now than we were last year and we needed the final day to stay up then  :undecided:

Christ, look at Leicester. We're they really that adrift...there's surely never been such a turnaround in fortunes. At least not in the premiership.

Cilla better not get any fucking ideas.

Dead, mate.

Christ, look at Leicester. Were they really that adrift...there's surely never been such a turnaround in fortunes. At least not in the premiership.

Cilla better not get any f***ing ideas.

Dead, mate.

:lol: that would be a comeback to trump Leicester's! Had exact same thought as Stifler re Palace: played 29, 33 points... Dare to dream.

I was a 10 when Maclaren was in charge, his football was rigid and he failed at motivating his players.

Benitez on the other hand plays a type of football drowned in drills and systems.

I have been watching Real Madrid this season under him, tbh his style doesn't suit a team full of talented and skillful players. It doesn't allow them to express themselves enough. Believe it or not , there was just too much team work.

However for dumb players like Talyor or less intellectual players which have no clue how to play football, he might be sort of manager we need right now.

His methods and passing routines are very team orientated.

Below are two videos of him training the players at Real Madrid and the other a compilation of goals under the reign of Rafa.

(someone please embedded the videos as i have no clue how to)

Team Training

This is visual proof that Rafa methods work. As the 1st video shows his routines he puts the players through and the 2nd shows the actual style being applied in real effect.

I have every confidence after the confirmation that Rafa and he will probably keep us in the League.

Down to a 2 now.

Just hope he doesnt walk when Ashley shows his true nature.

I was a 10 when Maclaren was in charge, his football was rigid and he failed at motivating his players.

Benitez on the other hand plays a type of football drowned in drills and systems.

I have been watching Real Madrid this season under him, tbh his style doesn't suit a team full of talented and skillful players. It doesn't allow them to express themselves enough. Believe it or not , there was just too much team work.

However for dumb players like Talyor or less intellectual players which have no clue how to play football, he might be sort of manager we need right now.

His methods and passing routines are very team orientated.

Below are two videos of him training the players at Real Madrid and the other a compilation of goals under the reign of Rafa.

(someone please embedded the videos as i have no clue how to)

Team Training

This is visual proof that Rafa methods work. As the 1st video shows his routines he puts the players through and the 2nd shows the actual style being applied in real effect.

I have every confidence after the confirmation that Rafa and he will probably keep us in the League.

Down to a 2 now.

Just hope he doesnt walk when Ashley shows his true nature.

Oh i didnt know that video was ban, my bad.

Just do a search on youtube to see the second video "Real Madrid CF • Best Combinations 2015/2016 | Benitez's Football"

Which did the edit button go..had to quote

Rusty~ :huff:

Do folk really think it's between us, Sunderland and Norwich? Or is there a chance we could catch Swansea/Palace?

The way I see it is that with only 10 games left and those teams being at least 9 points ahead of us (8 ahead of Norwich and Sunderland) then you have to look at our group of teams. If you are catching those teams then your likely on the sort of form that would leave you clear of the two other teams in anyway.

Do folk really think it's between us, Sunderland and Norwich? Or is there a chance we could catch Swansea/Palace?

I don't think we can catch any of those teams who are over 30 points. They'll also be playing teams who have got nothing to play for and apart from Palace they are in reasonable form. Palace don't concede many so they will fluke a win from somewhere. I think it's two from three realistically.

I reckon there's an outside chance Swansea and Palace could get dragged in to it. I like how Rafa's determined to look at it as one game at a time, hopefully with that sort of mentality it might assist in removing the fear/apathy the players had settled on and we can almost pull other teams in to the fight.

Just do a search on youtube to see the second video "Real Madrid CF • Best Combinations 2015/2016 | Benitez's Football"

Some mouth-watering football on display there, if Benitez got our lot doing 10% of that I'd be very impressed seeing as they (RM) are some of the best players.

But a lot of it was simple stuff also, triangles and quick passes which in theory anyone can be drilled to do to a reasonable level. So drill away Rafa, drill away.

We are 1 point behind both Norwich and Sunderland. They both have a better goal difference than us. We have 1 game in hand on Sunderland and 2 games in hand on Norwich. We've got to play both Norwich and Sunderland. It's certainly very doable to finish above both of them if our players give their all.

I might have lowered by estimate before Monday's game had Norwich lost to Man C...they didn't, so it becomes even more imperative that we get results against them and the Mackems.

Rafa has a tough job - will review again on Tuesday...

Some mouth-watering football on display there, if Benitez got our lot doing 10% of that I'd be very impressed seeing as they (RM) are some of the best players.

But a lot of it was simple stuff also, triangles and quick passes which in theory anyone can be drilled to do to a reasonable level. So drill away Rafa, drill away.

Why have you got the illegitimate son of Ozzy Ardiles and Alan Sugar as your avatar  :lol:

We are 1 point behind both Norwich and Sunderland. They both have a better goal difference than us. We have 1 game in hand on Sunderland and 2 games in hand on Norwich. We've got to play both Norwich and Sunderland. It's certainly very doable to finish above both of them if our players give their all.

A win against the Mackems would set everything up nicely. There's winnable games left and the positive impact of Benitez can't be underestimated. After watching City yesterday that gives me confidence that we can win our game in hand against them.

I'm probably at a 7/8 but if we draw tomorrow night and beat the Mackems I think we'll stay up because the momentum will really build.

The one thing which is evident from that video, that we've also been lacking for a number of years that will make a huge difference is movement. On and off the ball, looking for those triangles, keeping everything moving, showing for the ball and losing your marker. If he can drill that into our lot we will improve massively! Down from a 9 to a 4, this is very much in our hands now, we're facing those teams around us very soon.

I agree with TRon, we could catch Palace now if we see a good upturn in results and they continue their slide into obscurity but it would take too much for two of us to catch them and drag them in. I think the worst that they could worry about at this point is 17th but by a small margin. Swansea are seeing some improvements and will get enough points to pull clear.

It's an 8 for me as we still have problems at CB and LB. If Rafa had been hired a few weeks earlier I would be a lot more confident, but I can't see us beating Sunderland at the moment (I'm a pessimist). With two relegation spots open and effectively three teams battling it out for those spots, losing to Sunderland would a huge blow. Our players have shown little mental resilience in the past, and that game is going to massive. Had Rafa had a few games to get a run going I would have been far more confident about beating the mackems, and in turn our survival.

Swansea will pick up a win against Villa, they also have Stoke and us still to play. Stoke's form is all over the place so I can see them getting something there. As or us, I don't have a clue what kind of team we will be at that point.

Palace have Norwich and us as winnable games. I can see Pardew getting lucky enough to pick up a few more points which should keep them up.

It all depends on how quickly Benitez can turn around a team which has been floundering for years.