Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

These are the games we need to win. 3 points against teams around us. 

Imo we are on track to get relegated.

I agree. Every other team has match winning quality with the exceptions of probably Brighton, Huddersfield and Swansea. It'll be three from us and that lot to go down.

Our only hope is Slimani really.

So our hope is based on our striker scoring goals? Pretty much like all the teams in the league then.

The problem is, we've had some of the shittest strikers even seen in this league playing for us this season.

So, teams only score when the striker scores? Pretty sure that's not how it works.

Most good teams get plenty of goals from midfield as well. We don't though.

At the moment our biggest goal threat is Lascelles because our strikers are awful. We do create chances for them though, so sticking a player up top who can put some of them away will undoubtedly benefit us. Between Joselu and Gayle we've probably missed 20 good chances this season already and most of our games are decided by one goal. So yes, Slimani could make a massive difference.

I agree. Every other team has match winning quality with the exceptions of probably Brighton, Huddersfield and Swansea. It'll be three from us and that lot to go down.

So our hope is based on our striker scoring goals? Pretty much like all the teams in the league then.

The problem is, we've had some of the shittest strikers even seen in this league playing for us this season.

So, teams only score when the striker scores? Pretty sure that's not how it works.

At the moment our biggest goal threat is Lascelles because our strikers are awful. We do create chances for them though, so sticking a player up top who can put some of them away will undoubtedly benefit us. Between Joselu and Gayle we've probably missed 20 good chances this season already and most of our games are decided by one goal. So yes, Slimani could make a massive difference.

We're not talking about good teams. We're talking about teams battling relegation. Every single one will require their striker to score goals. We've got the worst strikers in the league, so yes Slimani is key.

We're not talking about good teams. We're talking about teams battling relegation. Every single one will require their striker to score goals. We've got the worst strikers in the league, so yes Slimani is key.

Just saying....

Guest firetotheworks

It's only the start of February and I already feel the day-to-day relegation edginess of if it was much nearer the end of the season. Weird mixture of being glad that I care, and thinking I'm a mug because I do.

Just saying....

Sigh..... the teams at the top aren't "hoping" to try and avoid relegation. So "all teams in the league" in the sentence with "hope" in it refers to those teams battling relegation.

We're in a thread called "relegationmeter". It really didn't need the explanation.

Just saying....

Sigh..... the teams at the top aren't "hoping" to try and avoid relegation. So "all teams in the league" in the sentence with "hope" in it refers to those teams battling relegation.

We're in a thread called "relegationmeter". It really didn't need the explanation.

Fair enough. Sorry mate, i was just being a picky twat. It is Monday afterall

Have us staying up in 13th despite only winning two games (WBA and Southampton) from now till the end of the year. With Watford, Brighton going down then Stoke beating Swansea on the last day to send Swansea down :lol:

Doing that calculator thing on a gameweek by gameweek basis then hitting calculate and seeing that you're the most delusional optimistic cunt on the planet is a bit harrowing, like. :lol:

Howay, post a picture. :lol:

Doing that calculator thing on a gameweek by gameweek basis then hitting calculate and seeing that you're the most delusional optimistic c*** on the planet is a bit harrowing, like. :lol:

Howay, post a picture. :lol:

I'll just leave it at the fact that it had us finising 9th. :lol: :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Doing that calculator thing on a gameweek by gameweek basis then hitting calculate and seeing that you're the most delusional optimistic cunt on the planet is a bit harrowing, like. :lol:

Aye, I had to rein mine in because my predictions didn't take the points that we have (that I didn't think we'd get) in mind. I think we ended up 11th on 40 points on mine before I went back. :lol:

Doing that calculator thing on a gameweek by gameweek basis then hitting calculate and seeing that you're the most delusional optimistic c*** on the planet is a bit harrowing, like. :lol:

Aye, I had to rein mine in because my predictions didn't take the points that we have (that I didn't think we'd get) in mind. I think we ended up 11th on 40 points on mine before I went back. :lol:

9th on 44 points I had us. :lol: Fuck sake.