Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Give over, man. You are one utterly depressing force of nature.

To say it's an absolute cert given the completely congested nature of the bottom is just pure idiocy. At least you're consistent in that realm.

I was consistent the last time we went down also and had the same people saying the same and low and behold look what happened. Let's see what you're saying after the next 5 games then..

Most of us were saying the same s*** last time. Don't pat yourself on the back for that.

Whatever happens, and it's extremely difficult to predict (if one is not being a miserably tiresome  24/7). If you do happen to be right, it is certainly not from your supreme intellect or staggering predictive powers. Just a shining example of how any cretin can stumble upon the truth, even despite a horribly flawed process in getting there.

I was saying it early in the season go back and have a look if you can (don't know if it's still available) and the same people were saying the same. Get your dummy out calling people cretin and my observation is from watching football for over 40 years = as I said let's just see what people are saying after the next 5 games. Typical of this forum at times people say something which others don't agree with and the usual people try a witchhunt as it doesn't fit in with their comfort zone and start calling childish names - grow up or get a bigger dummy.

Witchhunt :lol: Jesus Christ. I didn't call you a cretin. I implied that you were one.

People in their 40's-80's voted for Trump. That's over 40 years of observation as well. If the observer is a bit thick, there's nothing that 40 years can do for them.

Get a bigger dummy man.

Give over, man. You are one utterly depressing force of nature.

To say it's an absolute cert given the completely congested nature of the bottom is just pure idiocy. At least you're consistent in that realm.

I was consistent the last time we went down also and had the same people saying the same and low and behold look what happened. Let's see what you're saying after the next 5 games then..

Most of us were saying the same s*** last time. Don't pat yourself on the back for that.

Whatever happens, and it's extremely difficult to predict (if one is not being a miserably tiresome  24/7). If you do happen to be right, it is certainly not from your supreme intellect or staggering predictive powers. Just a shining example of how any cretin can stumble upon the truth, even despite a horribly flawed process in getting there.

I was saying it early in the season go back and have a look if you can (don't know if it's still available) and the same people were saying the same. Get your dummy out calling people cretin and my observation is from watching football for over 40 years = as I said let's just see what people are saying after the next 5 games. Typical of this forum at times people say something which others don't agree with and the usual people try a witchhunt as it doesn't fit in with their comfort zone and start calling childish names - grow up or get a bigger dummy.

You mean the start where we didn't win in our first 8 games? :lol:

And I was one of the people that kept the faith until the very end.

Witchhunt :lol: Jesus Christ. I didn't call you a cretin. I implied that you were one.

People in their 40's-80's voted for Trump. That's over 40 years of observation as well. If the observer is a bit thick, there's nothing that 40 years can do for them.

Get a bigger dummy man.

Says the one that always whinges when someone disagrees with him/her.

From the current bottom half of the table we've:

P: 14 W:6 D:5 L:3 Pts:23

That is excellent tbh. Its the 2 points we've only managed to take from the top half teams that's killing us.

After being ahead in both the last two games it's disappointing that we've not won either however we've taken 2 pts from teams above us in the table, I think that is par for the two games, palace is a tough place to get a result and Burnley have been getting results all season. Not the end of the world, we are only one point off level points to games which is considered by many as the target to stay up. We do need to start winning more though. At least we are creating chances, we should have beaten Burnley comfortably and in the first half we looked pretty sharp today.

Staying at a 6, if we get a win against Manure, I will drop to 5.

I think the results in isolation haven't been too bad but there's a definite feeling that we've been throwing points away which could come back to bite us in the arse.  Our inability to go for the throat and put a game to bed after going ahead has meant we're getting draws where we could have had wins, hopefully Slimani can provide the cutting edge we so sorely lack and we can start turning some of those draws into 3 points.

A ton of pressure on the shoulders of a player that has failed to set the premiership alight in 35 appearances. Hopefully our game is better suited to his abilities and arguably he didn't really get a fair crack at Leicester. I rate Slimani and have a lot of hope he will be just fine, hope that is the case!

Likewise Dubravka, he needs to be a settling figure at the back.

Slimani hasn't had much of a chance for Leicester. He came in after they lost Kante and were trying to change their style. They did this by replacing Okazaki, who doesn't chip in much by way of goals and whose contribution is easily overlooked. This has proved to be a mistake and Okazaki is now back in the team.

Slimani hasn't had much of a chance for Leicester. He came in after they lost Kante and were trying to change their style. They did this by replacing Okazaki, who doesn't chip in much by way of goals and whose contribution is easily overlooked. This has proved to be a mistake and Okazaki is now back in the team.

As I said about yesterday's game if Slimani can play with a similar physicality and aggression that Benteke and Zaha did against our defenders he'll transform our play completely and open things up elsewhere. There were times yesterday both those players were occupying two defenders, with Gayle or Joselu up top we barely occupy one.

These are the games we need to win. 3 points against teams around us. 

Imo we are on track to get relegated.

I agree. Every other team has match winning quality with the exceptions of probably Brighton, Huddersfield and Swansea. It'll be three from us and that lot to go down.

Our only hope is Slimani really.

I agree. Every other team has match winning quality with the exceptions of probably Brighton, Huddersfield and Swansea. It'll be three from us and that lot to go down.

well this is it really isn't it?  we've had so many matches that we've been the better team, created the better chances, and then not won the game due to our strikers not putting it away or keepers fucking things up

we've now got a new striker and keeper, if they do the business we'll stay up, if not we'll go down

that's about it

So our hope is based on our striker scoring goals? Pretty much like all the teams in the league then.

The problem is, we've had some of the shittest strikers even seen in this league playing for us this season.

Ashley's decision not to take the money and run may well come back to haunt us all and, none more so, than him.

Imagine we go down, no Rafa, the squad harmony completely shattered, the only decent players we have departed and him being in charge of appointing the new manager?

Doesn't bear thinking about but it's completely foreseeable.

He'll deserve it. We won't.

Ashley's decision not to take the money and run may well come back to haunt us all and, none more so, than him.

Imagine we go down, no Rafa, the squad harmony completely shattered, the only decent players we have departed and him being in charge of appointing the new manager?

The future looks bleak as fuck in most scenarios tbh. Even if Rafa keeps us up I can't see him hanging around for another season under Ashley.

The future looks bleak as fuck in most scenarios tbh. Even if Rafa keeps us up I can't see him hanging around for another season under Ashley.

Agree with that but my gut feel is that they'll get back around the negotiating table come the end of the season and that may keep Rafa at the club.

The minute he hears that the deal is not going to be revived then he'll be gone, after the last two windows.