Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest firetotheworks

Watford were never going down like.

Exactly. It changes nothing. It looks daft to say so considering their current position, but I'd say the same for Southampton as well.

I remember many nuetrals saying similar about us last time.

I'll put my neck on the line and say we'll be safe. Won't be fun or pretty but we do create chances and hopefully we have at least a bog standrad forward now to take the most basic chances that we've been missing.

I remember neutrals saying that 12/13 and 14/15, and rightly so, as hard as Pardew and Carver tried to take us down, but not 15/16. That team really wasn't that good, and certainly wasn't in the too good to go down category that Watford and Southampton are in.

Watford were never going down like.

Exactly. It changes nothing. It looks daft to say so considering their current position, but I'd say the same for Southampton as well.

I remember many nuetrals saying similar about us last time.

I'll put my neck on the line and say we'll be safe. Won't be fun or pretty but we do create chances and hopefully we have at least a bog standrad forward now to take the most basic chances that we've been missing.

I remember neutrals saying that 12/13 and 14/15, and rightly so, as hard as Pardew and Carver tried to take us down, but not 15/16. That team really wasn't that good, and certainly wasn't in the too good to go down category that Watford and Southampton are in.

A good few did mind, especially in pundit land after the signings of Townsend and Shelvey.

Palace are another team that I can't see going down. It's us, West Brom, Huddersfield, Swansea, Stoke imo. Probably between us and Swansea. Stoke could go either way.

No Brighton ?

Promoted 3 + Swansea and West Brom. Maybe Stoke cos of Lambert. I struggle to see any of those sides winning 3 or 4 games in a row.

Whoever Watford have on the bench as their striker would lead the line for us.

The last relegation side was awful, especially pre-January. With Shelvey, Townsend and Rafa in charge from January/early Feb we would stay up imo in the end.

This lot has Rafa from the start and will likely go right down to the wire.

Southampton lack goals and I can see them being in trouble. They also have the capacity to do Bournemouth and win 3-4 in a row.

Palace are another team that I can't see going down. It's us, West Brom, Huddersfield, Swansea, Stoke imo. Probably between us and Swansea. Stoke could go either way.

No Brighton ?

Promoted 3 + Swansea and West Brom. Maybe Stoke cos of Lambert. I struggle to see any of those sides winning 3 or 4 games in a row.

The last relegation side was awful, especially pre-January. With Shelvey, Townsend and Rafa in charge from January/early Feb we would stay up imo in the end.

Southampton lack goals and I can see them being in trouble. They also have the capacity to do Bournemouth and win 3-4 in a row.

Watford have a proper center forward who holds it up, smashes the opposition around and scores goals. We on the other hand have a ballet skipping ponce, a midget who doesn't even trust himself to run properly, and a  bug eyed pile of shit Spaniard, who if he fell over would miss the floor.

Slimani or bust for us.

You'll be shocked to learn which of Joselu and Troy Deeney have more goals this season

Watford have a proper center forward who holds it up, smashes the opposition around and scores goals. We on the other hand have a ballet skipping ponce, a midget who doesn't even trust himself to run properly, and a  bug eyed pile of s*** Spaniard, who if he fell over would miss the floor.

Slimani or bust for us.

You'll be shocked to learn which of Joselu and Troy Deeney have more goals this season

You'll be shocked to learn that teams can be better with effective players that work well for that particular team, that could mean a forward who isn't prolific.

Tbf like between the two, Deeny or Joselu I'd go Mitrovic. It;s why I'm very happy with Slimani.

Watford have a proper center forward who holds it up, smashes the opposition around and scores goals. We on the other hand have a ballet skipping ponce, a midget who doesn't even trust himself to run properly, and a  bug eyed pile of s*** Spaniard, who if he fell over would miss the floor.

Slimani or bust for us.

You'll be shocked to learn that teams can be better with effective players that work well for that particular team, that could mean a forward who isn't prolific.

Tbf like between the two, Deeny or Joselu I'd go Mitrovic. It;s why I'm very happy with Slimani.

I never disputed any of that though

No Brighton ?

Agree with all of this.

Slimani or bust for us.

Who is their top scorer? Richarlison or Doucoure is my guess. Both new signings this season?

Slimani or bust for us.

So why point out who scored more goals as if that was the be all and end all ?

Slimani or bust for us.

Because bimpy stated that Watford had a centre forward who scored goals, when Deeney has scored less than Joselu. It's pretty simple really

Actually Deeney has the same amount of goals now tbf

Slimani or bust for us.

Because bimpy stated that Watford had a centre forward who scored goals, when Deeney has scored less than Joselu. It's pretty simple really

Do you not think he meant he scored goals (he has) but he has more to his all round game. Thats what I got from his post.

Slimani or bust for us.

Do you not think he meant he scored goals (he has) but he has more to his all round game. Thats what I got from his post.

Aye well that's what he did mean but he doesn't really score many goals anymore. Anyway doesn't really matter and I have to go to bed

We are equal bottom with West Brom on Home form, unless that improves we will go down.

I'm hoping Kennedy and Slimani provide more of an edge at home in this final run in. Having a proper forward up front and a proper left winger should make all the difference.

Think we have some very difficult matches left - not an easy programme. So many games this season where we in the end have dropped the points. Overall i think we have been very unlucky on many occasions this season. It worries me and i can´t think of us going down again  :kasper:

Think we have some very difficult matches left - not an easy programme. So many games this season where we in the end have dropped the points. Overall i think we have been very unlucky on many occasions this season. It worries me and i can´t think of us going down again  :kasper:

If we don't either beat or take points from manyoo, arsenal or Chelsea at home I'd say we're gone. Need a minimum of 2-3 points from those games and beat 3 of those around us as well. That's what it will take to stay up basically.

Suppose you can look at our current form two ways. Half full, apart from City games we're 10 points from 6 games and unbeaten. Half empty, you can say we've blown a big chance to pick up more points with "winnable" games.

Could 2 wins, 6 draws (from 12 games) be enough? That gets us to 37 points (with you'd hope a better goal difference than our rivals). That looks do-able.

I would fancy us to beat Chelsea in the last day if we needed to.

Depends which Chelsea turn up on the day, the one that's turned up recently for our rivals has been nothing like the one that beat us comfortably earlier in the season.

I would fancy us to beat Chelsea in the last day if we needed to.

Depends which Chelsea turn up on the day, the one that's turned up recently for our rivals has been nothing like the one that beat us comfortably earlier in the season.

The one where the manager's about to leave and their players don't want to get hurt for the World Cup.

There's a fair chance Watford and Everton will be on the beach when we play them. I've mentioned it before, but remember the Fat Sam West Ham side Carver beat on the final day. They were woeful. Allardyce was on his way out then, and its developing that way at Everton too.

Huddersfield play a lot of strugglers in their next few games. That might sound good, but they'll all still be fighting. Already safe or already relegated is best.