Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We’ve had key injuries (Shelvey & Lascelles) and players have stepped up. Rondon’s the main one though. The drop from him to Joselu is far greater than from Lascelles to Schar for instance. If he stays fit we’ll be fine.

Totally agree. With Rondon, we can get goals from balls pumped into the box.  Without him, we're relying on midfielders and defenders chipping in with goals.

Rondon's had literally one good game.

I think the point is that in that one game he showed miles more than our other forwards ever have. Whether he can do that consistently is obviously to be seen, but the fact that he can do it at all would suggest he is a significant upgrade and key to how our season goes.

Without some serious investment in January I don't think we are good enough to stay up by our own endeavors. This doesn't mean we will get relegated as we can still finish higher than three really shit teams. Trouble is apart from Cardiff who we are probably better than, I'm not sure who the other two are. Southampton will surely bin off Hughes so they might improve, Huddersfield are enterprising and have a good manager, Fulham have Mitrovic, so who does that leave?

Without some serious investment in January I don't think we are good enough to stay up by our own endeavors. This doesn't mean we will get relegated as we can still finish higher than three really shit teams. Trouble is apart from Cardiff who we are probably better than, I'm not sure who the other two are. Southampton will surely bin off Hughes so they might improve, Huddersfield are enterprising and have a good manager, Fulham have Mitrovic, so who does that leave?

Burnley will be in the shit imo as well.

Palace without Zaha are woeful too, add in the 'appy 'ammers and the bottom of the league is pure turd...oh and Brighton ain't too pretty either.

Agree we are far from out of the woods and IF we lose what fragile confidence we have and IF Southampton see sense..That's why I am still at a 7ish.

Good things don't happen to us under Ashley.

Can see someone bringing in an Allardyce to 'get them over the line'..ugh

I didn't see the Huddersfield game after reading a "they were amazing, could have been three or four" match report in the Guardian, had a look at the xG on Understat, which said "0.6", the same as Wolves. So two goals from two half chances.Maybe not an amazing renaissance after all.

Piss poor weekend of results for us, like :anguish:

Not really, only the Palace and Huddersfield results. Fulham winning wasn't the ideal result from their game but it was better than Southampton winning. We just need 3 points in the bag in our game and then it's hunky dory.

I thought Huddersfield played well yesterday. Mooy looked great, but it must also be said: Wolves were absolutely terrible.

I think Southampton are in a lot of trouble, got tough fixtures coming up.

They’re the sort that would get an Allardyce in and keep them up though.

I thought Huddersfield played well yesterday. Mooy looked great, but it must also be said: Wolves were absolutely terrible.

Fair point.

:lol:

Considered rationale.

Fair point.

Allardyce teams also always invest in January. If they don't invest with Sam, they'll still go down. Allardyce was Sunderland manager from October and barely kept them up. He's not a magician. Palace from November or so too.

It's Palace and Fulham that can turn it around with the right manager. The others need big investment. Only Wolves and West Ham would seriously spend and I don't consider either serious relegation fodder.