Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If we continue to take points against the teams below us, and the odd win/draw those just above us, we should comfortably be safe. Alot more confident now. However you never know when we're gonna pull of the next 3 month winless streak.

Fulham victory would be massive.

5/10

Guest neesy111

Feels like I'm the only one who wants us to go down.

Until we are sold, being in the premier league is utterly pointless.

Nope, if ashley is not selling would rather see his investment go tits up.

It’s difficult to say really. Can’t really complain given the absolute shite we’ve got in this squad, but it really looks as though the league is separating out into 3 groups now. With Southampton bound to improve under their new manager, we could quite easily be pulled in within a short space of time.

Still at a 5 as in 50/50 but I certainly would not put money on staying up that's for sure - need to change the way we pay at home 7 points out of 27 is totally unacceptable and if anything it will be the home form which sees us go down.

Would we have taken 5 points clear (and far better GD) at Christmas, at the start of the season?

Yes for me.

Probably. Seems the bottom half of the league is somehow even worse than last year, though and it’s the way most pf the games have gone that worry me. Just dire to watch and clueless in attack. We have a bottom 3 squad, but Rafa will probably be the difference and we’ll finish about 15th-16th because of his tactics.

Would we have taken 5 points clear (and far better GD) at Christmas, at the start of the season?

Yes for me.

Offered at the start off the season? Probably not. Offered at 6pm after losing at home to Brighton, leaving us rock bottom? Definitely.

Rafa is constantly fire-fighting and his methodology appears to be very similar to what it was last season, because the squad has barely improved: we've got a better striker and a better centre-back, but the likes of Diame and Kenedy have regressed horribly.

Anyway, Rafa's plan left us well clear of the drop-zone and unrealistically high come May. Make sure we've got the best goal difference in the bottom pack, rotate the side, build the system on defensive solidity and attack on the break. There was a lot of poxy results born out of a defensive mindset (we drew at home to Swansea last season as well, for instance). A couple of signings came in and he settled on a team, then it was more-or-less plain sailing.

The squad is barely fit for purpose but we've got a manager who knows what he's doing.