Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

As long as we get plenty of wins and draws against the other teams in the bottom 6/7, we'll be fine. Upcoming fixtures are horrible meaning the Cardiff game amongst them is absolutely huge. Lose that and it'll be very worrying.

Guest firetotheworks

You think every team below us is going to get enough for us to be cut adrift in the next 6 games like. :lol: You can't be serious.

We have failed to beat and score against Fulham, Cardiff, Palace, Brighton, Southampton it is absolutely imperative we win our home games against these Huddersfield, Cardiff, Burnley and Palace if we don't then we will go down no doubt about it

The league can change so quickly in 6 or 7 games and with us having a set of fixtures which looks like it may not bring many points we could be in deep shit by mid feb. If we have not got 24 points with a dozen games to go I think it could be real tough

Teams will invest over the next month if we don't act I think it will be grim as fuck

You think every team below us is going to get enough for us to be cut adrift in the next 6 games like. :lol: You can't be serious.

Our relegation battlers are obviously going to start picking up two points per game now man. Keep up.

Not really bothered if go down or not if I'm being honest. We're firmly on the 40-point treadmill and we're going to struggle every year until something significant changes. We could easily go down this year but if we stay up it'll be the same situation next, it's a pointless, joyless, soulless boring existence a football fan could imagine. Wins mean nothing, losses don't hurt and I don't even check the table if we draw. I think we'll stay up by a couple of points this year as it happens but I'll not lose any sleep worrying about it, couldn't give a fuck.

Not really bothered if go down or not if I'm being honest. We're firmly on the 40-point treadmill and we're going to struggle every year until something significant changes. We could easily go down this year but if we stay up it'll be the same situation next, it's a pointless, joyless, soulless boring existence a football fan could imagine. Wins mean nothing, losses don't hurt and I don't even check the table if we draw. I think we'll stay up by a couple of points this year as it happens but I'll not lose any sleep worrying about it, couldn't give a fuck.

Yeah. Especially now it’s stark as to Rafa is going to be treated but then if we were honest how else realistically was it going to be. If you can enjoy the day out and be elated by whatever points we end up with I envy you but I’ll not pay through the nose for the ‘pleasure’

Guest firetotheworks

Extraordinarily quotable post there if it happens, Kiddy.

It's pretty much not even possible for us to be cut adrift after the next 6 games, so no worries. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Same points at this stage as same stage as last season, but 4 points above relegation and not 1. I can see Fulham doing an us this season, getting out and finishing 12-10th. We won’t finish 10th this season and I can see us going to the wire to stay up which I think we will just. My worry is we are in a really weak position right now, Cardiff and Fulham are on the up and we are just maintaining a point gap. We need to go on a run of not losing, but with a win or two thrown in there.

Anyone know how many points we were on at this stage last season? And how many points away from bottom 3 we were?

19 points. 16th place and 4pts off the bottom.

We had 18 at this stage under McClaren.

100% this, it's just so boring.

i'm not ready to give up hope until rafa has actually gone myself, once that's confirmed i'm taking the plug out of the socket

i'm not ready to give up hope until rafa has actually gone myself, once that's confirmed i'm taking the plug out of the socket

Pulling the plug out is a great way of phrasing it👍

It's pretty much not even possible for us to be cut adrift after the next 6 games, so no worries. :lol:

15. NUFC - 20 matches - 18 pts

17. Soton - 19 matches - 15 pts

18. Fulham - 20 matches - 14 pts

19. Burnley - 19 matches - 12 pts

20. HTFC - 20 matches - 10 pts

So, in six games, NUFC gain 0 points, Southampton, Fulham, Burnley and Huddersfield all gain 18. We’d then be ten points behind Huddersfield with 12 games to play.

Not even mathematically possible to be “cut adrift” in the next six matches.

15. NUFC - 20 matches - 18 pts

17. Soton - 19 matches - 15 pts

18. Fulham - 20 matches - 14 pts

19. Burnley - 19 matches - 12 pts

20. HTFC - 20 matches - 10 pts

So, in six games, NUFC gain 0 points, Southampton, Fulham, Burnley and Huddersfield all gain 18. We’d then be ten points behind Huddersfield with 12 games to play.

Not even mathematically possible to be “cut adrift” in the next six matches.

That doesn’t even take into account that some of them play each other so it’s impossible for them to all get 18 points.