Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We have a really good foundation to build on next season. What if say Rafa left but then a good manager with a good reputation and record was hired? What would the reaction be then?

Obviously myself and everyone would be gutted Rafa left and it would show how bothered the club are about progressing but another good manager with the team we have now and a couple of good signings could still easily be top 10 next year. A decent start and it could be quickly forgotten about. How would people feel about going to matches etc then

Dubravka

New RB/WB

Schar

Lascelles

Lejeune

New LB/WB

Longstaff

Ki

Almiron

Perez

Rondon

Still top 10 material under a good manager. I was massively disillusioned from 2014 under the Ashley regime but Rafa got me back in then August to February this season I had zero interest but now I am back on board and want to still be next season.

Or is it purely a case of no Rafa no party?

So it turns out that Everton at home was the game we got the required points to stay up (34). If Cardiff lose next week, we were safe before the end of February. :lol:

Ffs  :lol:

Rafa  :coolsmiley:

Time for a Rafa emoji, where he puts his shades in his pocket.

Had to go 6 because I think it’s slightly more likely for him to stay. Wouldn’t be surprised if he does leave though, they can still easily let him down in negotiations. Either deliberately or just through incompetence.

What if say Rafa left but then a good manager with a good reputation and record was hired?

I cannot envisage any situation where this happens. Good managers with good reputations want to succeed and win things. Ashley won't make that mistake again.

Voted 2 when I meant it to be 3.

Don't think he's going to get enough of what he's asking for (and I don't just mean £'s).  His head will rule his heart this time I think. 

Mike's that much of a nut job that he has to feel like he's "won" in every business transaction or else it doesn't happen.  For him to have this "winning" feeling would mean concessions on Rafa's part and personally speaking I think what Rafa is asking for (if the papers etc are to believed) is just the bare minimum of what any manager in this job at this particular time should be asking from his bosses. 

Do I want Rafa to still be here operating under restrictions like he has been? Honest answer is I'm not sure. :sad:

I think its gonna be the classic stand off, rafa wont sign until they bring the players he wants in and Ashley wont buy players for him until he commits. The uncertainty will go on until his contract expires, the club will release a statement saying how keen they were to have him stay but they couldn't meet his demands. The search for a new manager will go on for the whole of July before a washed up Ashley apologist gets it with hardly any time to get new players in other than a couple of substandard loans

Guest covmag

I think its gonna be the classic stand off, rafa wont sign until they bring the players he wants in and Ashley wont buy players for him until he commits. The uncertainty will go on until his contract expires, the club will release a statement saying how keen they were to have him stay but they couldn't meet his demands. The search for a new manager will go on for the whole of July before a washed up Ashley apologist gets it with hardly any time to get new players in other than a couple of substandard loans

Well that’s what they have been doing for months, they have 2 weeks or so to sort this out, Rafa looks a bit more hopeful more now than ever.hope.

Well that’s what they have been doing for months, they have 2 weeks or so to sort this out, Rafa looks a bit more hopeful more now than ever.hope.

Don't be fooled by words and body language, man. I was convinced by his words and demeanour when they suggested that Staveley was about to buy the club.

It all means nothing.

The only thing of which we can be certain is that Ashley will be a cunt throughout any discussions.