Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

It’s all we have though. It’s the only realistic thing we can try. As others have said, staying up guarantees he stays, going down means there’s a chance he’ll go. I’d rather take the chance and don’t understand why anyone is happy keeping him and supporting an outcome that ensures he stays.

He will leave when it starts costing him £££ .

Cost him money the last two times we were relegated, yet he didn't neave

Because we came straight back up. Remains to be seen what happens it we stay down.

He won't allow them to stay down as he will just finance to ensure they come up in a year or two. Villa, West Ham and West Brom (looking like twice ths year) have came up after staying down more than a year.

Throwing money at it isn't a guaranteed return. Our own Steve Bruce proved this at Villa. Ashley's problem now is that no manager of any quality will touch us, and that's in the premier league. When we go down next time, Ashley is f***ed.

What league are Villa in now though that's the point. If we did go down then I would put money on we would be back within 2 year and probably the following season. Think a lot of people on here are kidding themselves if they think relegation would get rid of Ashley. By the way Bruce has been promoted a few times proving it doesn't take a top quality manager to get out of that league.

I don't think anyone thinks that's definite but only an extended period outside the PM will answer the question once and for all about what Ashley might do. Championship status and a more concerted effort from fans to stay away could work wonders.

I think the club and the manager's job are too toxic now and i don't believe we'd get the quality required to make a quick return.

Bruce's successes were years ago. The game has moved on.

Guest godzilla

It’s all we have though. It’s the only realistic thing we can try. As others have said, staying up guarantees he stays, going down means there’s a chance he’ll go. I’d rather take the chance and don’t understand why anyone is happy keeping him and supporting an outcome that ensures he stays.

Didn’t say I was happy keeping him I’m certainly not. However in my opinion rightly or wrongly is staying in the premiership and hopefully there will be someone who meets his price. If anyone is, it will be before the Summer I would think (as long as they stay up), as the kit supplier and kit sponsorship is up for grabs and straight away increased revenue available. In the Championship Ashley won’t change the price much and nobody is going to take a risk on those terms. The boycott was having an effect as it was being discussed in the media. He knew what to do though give free tickets away, the muppets lap it up and he’s praised in the media.

Didn’t say I was happy keeping him I’m certainly not. However in my opinion rightly or wrongly is staying in the premiership and hopefully there will be someone who meets his price. If anyone is, it will be before the Summer I would think (as long as they stay up), as the kit supplier and kit sponsorship is up for grabs and straight away increased revenue available. In the Championship Ashley won’t change the price much and nobody is going to take a risk on those terms. The boycott was having an effect as it was being discussed in the media. He knew what to do though give free tickets away, the muppets lap it up and he’s praised in the media.

You must surely have worked out by now that his price will never be met as the club isn't, and never has been, for sale.

Guest godzilla

You must surely have worked out by now that his price will never be met as the club isn't, and never has been, for sale.

Makes no difference as I couldn’t argue with you anyway without putting someone in the shit. So I just don’t go into or comment on what is or what is not happening with takeover talk now after the summer’s carry on. He certainly won’t be selling up in the Championship though that’s for sure.

Not selling in the Championship isn’t certain though. Not selling in the Premier League seems to be certain because he doesn’t want to sell his cash cow.

Being stuck in the lower leagues hasn’t been tested yet in terms of his willingness to cut his losses. The scenario where he loses money by holding onto us needs to be tested. It’s the only option we have. Also many of these fair weather fans will walk away if we’re stuck down for a while which will compound things. It needs to be tested, there is genuinely nowhere else to go. Might not work, but at least there’s a chance and that is better than lurching on in perpetual zombie mode forever more.

Guest godzilla

Not selling in the Championship isn’t certain though. Not selling in the Premier League seems to be certain because he doesn’t want to sell his cash cow.

Being stuck in the lower leagues hasn’t been tested yet in terms of his willingness to cut his losses. The scenario where he loses money by holding onto us needs to be tested. It’s the only option we have. Also many of these fair weather fans will walk away if we’re stuck down for a while which will compound things. It needs to be tested, there is genuinely nowhere else to go. Might not work, but at least there’s a chance and that is better than lurching on in perpetual zombie mode forever more.

I hear what you’re saying I just don’t think Ashley would allow the club to stay down for more than two year. I keep  hearing we would struggle if we went down, but the last two times we have went up comfortably. I think it’s wishful thinking to try and say we would be down a few year when the evidence suggests otherwise i.e. us, West Ham, West Brom and Villa

Makes no difference as I couldn’t argue with you anyway without putting someone in the shit. So I just don’t go into or comment on what is or what is not happening with takeover talk now after the summer’s carry on. He certainly won’t be selling up in the Championship though that’s for sure.

Honestly, I don't care to know what information you or your ITK contact has regarding the sale of the club, but I think you are both (or all if you have multiple contacts) naive if you think that any attempts to sell the club are genuine (quite likely genuine on the part of the buyers i'd say). Personally, I don't.

I can't explain why Ashley goes through the pretence of looking like he's selling but I don't believe that any of them were genuine attempts to sell. I think he could have easily sold it by now if he genuinely wanted to.

I think Ashley is a pathological liar and I don't believe anything that comes out of his or the clubs mouth.

Guest godzilla

Makes no difference as I couldn’t argue with you anyway without putting someone in the s***. So I just don’t go into or comment on what is or what is not happening with takeover talk now after the summer’s carry on. He certainly won’t be selling up in the Championship though that’s for sure.

Honestly, I don't care to know what information you or your ITK contact has regarding the sale of the club, but I think you are both (or all if you have multiple contacts) naive if you think that any attempts to sell the club are genuine (quite likely genuine on the part of the buyers i'd say). Personally, I don't.

I can't explain why Ashley goes through the pretence of looking like he's selling but I don't believe that any of them were genuine attempts to sell. I think he could have easily sold it by now if he genuinely wanted to.

I think Ashley is a pathological liar and I don't believe anything that comes out of his or the clubs mouth.

Good for you hope you feel better now

Makes no difference as I couldn’t argue with you anyway without putting someone in the s***. So I just don’t go into or comment on what is or what is not happening with takeover talk now after the summer’s carry on. He certainly won’t be selling up in the Championship though that’s for sure.

Not really, my football club is fucked, will be for a long, long time and i'll likely never see NUFC win or even get close to winning a major trophy.

Not really, my football club is fucked, will be for a long, long time and i'll likely never see NUFC win or even get close to winning a major trophy.

I accepted this years ago I've been going for 40 years and not seen us win fuck all. The likelihood is I'll be dead 100 years and NUFC will still not have won anything

Football is now setup for the usual suspects to win everything

Yep let's go to division 3 , but we will have our club back.Then what?

We will build and be great again?

Based on what? Sunderland ?Wolves? Theres no guarantee of anything , we may go out of business. I want rid of him as much as anyone but to me the only way is to be in the PL and one day it may happen.

I desperately miss going to the match, I'd been doing it for over 40 years so dont patronise me over NUFC , that matchday feeling is hard to just give up, I've seen good and bad but I made my decision on Ashley and wont change , its fucking hard to not go and fuck me I miss it but I will not ever want us beaten and relegated just to feel it may make Ashley go.I get it may be a way to get him out but at what cost? I've given up on winning anything, I sat in the darwen end at Blackburn gutted when they beat us  , that was our chance, gone.

I'm stopping with the sniping.You know my position , fuck Ashley, I wont slag the team off or fans but the manager will get pelters if he drags us down. Bruce is nowhere near Rafa but hes here so we plod on.Job done.

I don't think 7 points is a huge gap at this stage of the season for Newcastle not to be dragged back into it, however even if Newcastle have a poor second half of the season I would still expect the team to at least stumble over the line.

Relegation is inevitable though most likely next season because the organisation Benitez brought to the defence will have disappeared and the club will continue the past mistakes of the last relegation by signing players the team don't need or are not good enough.

Ashley will probably spend again to bounce straight back up or more specifically use player sales to fund a promotion push, but there are no guarantees it will happen for a third time. Only Newcastle and Burnley in the last 10 years have bounced back up after relegation so its not exactly easy no matter how much money you throw at it. Ashley has been really fortunate that he had two really good managers in Benitez and Hughton in both promotion seasons and lets not forget the great character and chemistry both squads had which is not to be taken for granted.

Whether Ashley decides to sell after a prolonged stay in the Championship time will only tell, but it seems fairly unlikely he will sell from a position of strength while Newcastle are in the Premier League. I can understand why some fans are clinging to the nuclear option because its unexplored territory with Ashley and are probably willing to roll the dice because they know a third relegation is on its way anyway. There is nothing really to lose from the viewpoint of these type of fans.

I don't think 7 points is a huge gap at this stage of the season for Newcastle not to be dragged back into, however even if Newcastle have a poor second half of the season I would still expect the team to at least stumble over the line.

Relegation is inevitable though most likely next season because the organisation Benitez brought to the defence will have disappeared and the club will continue the past mistakes of the last relegation by signing players the team don't need or are not good enough.

Ashley will probably spend again to bounce straight back up or more specifically use player sales to fund a promotion push, but there are no guarantees it will happen for a third time. Only Newcastle and Burnley in the last 10 years have bounced back up after relegation so its not exactly easy no matter how much money you throw at it. Ashley has been really fortunate that he had two really good managers in Benitez and Hughton in both promotion seasons and lets not forget the great character and chemistry both squads had which is not to be taken for granted.

Whether Ashley decides to sell after a prolonged stay in the Championship time will only tell, but it seems fairly unlikely he will sell from a position of strength while Newcastle are in the Premier League. I can understand why some fans are clinging to the nuclear option because its unexplored territory with Ashley and are probably willing to roll the dice because they know a third relegation is on its way anyway. There is nothing really to lose from the viewpoint of these type of fans.

Well put, tribesman. :thup:

I don't think 7 points is a huge gap at this stage of the season for Newcastle not to be dragged back into, however even if Newcastle have a poor second half of the season I would still expect the team to at least stumble over the line.

Well put, tribesman. :thup:

The fact you were so sure we were getting taken over the whole summer would lead many to believe you have a rather low IQ.

Based on what? Sunderland ?Wolves? Theres no guarantee of anything , we may go out of business. I want rid of him as much as anyone but to me the only way is to be in the PL and one day it may happen.

I desperately miss going to the match, I'd been doing it for over 40 years so dont patronise me over NUFC , that matchday feeling is hard to just give up, I've seen good and bad but I made my decision on Ashley and wont change , its fucking hard to not go and fuck me I miss it but I will not ever want us beaten and relegated just to feel it may make Ashley go.I get it may be a way to get him out but at what cost? I've given up on winning anything, I sat in the darwen end at Blackburn gutted when they beat us  , that was our chance, gone.

I'm stopping with the sniping.You know my position , fuck Ashley, I wont slag the team off or fans but the manager will get pelters if he drags us down. Bruce is nowhere near Rafa but hes here so we plod on.Job done.

I'd rather be in Division 3 (as you put it) and have our club back than be in the PL and owned by a parasite. You might prefer Ashley and the PL but I'd gladly take a club striving to be the best that it can be, under whatever circumstances.

We will never build and be great again under this cunt, and he is not for selling whilst the PL money/exposure remains.

I'd rather be in Division 3 (as you put it) and have our club back than be in the PL and owned by a parasite. You might prefer Ashley and the PL but I'd gladly take a club striving to be the best that it can be, under whatever circumstances.

We will never build and be great again under this cunt, and he is not for selling whilst the PL money/exposure remains.

That is absolutely it in a nutshell.

Sometimes it feels like some fans just want to be able to say that they support a premier league club and aren't truly bothered about how the club is run.

Sometimes it feels like some fans just want to be able to say that they support a premier league club and aren't truly bothered about how the club is run.

Ding ding ding ding. Premier League fans.

We share a common goal, a club rid of Ashley, let's just agree on that , I've given up funding him , I'm no sympathiser.

Guest godzilla

We will never build and be great again under this c***, and he is not for selling whilst the PL money/exposure remains.

Ashley for a start would not let the club sink that low and just say by some miracle he would, then the only people who would probably be interested in buying the club would be chancers like the Sunderland mob. Ashley will not sell the club for cheap as he would want top dollar, he would also not sell to any buyer for the 45 million someone paid for Wolves that's for sure.

Guest godzilla

The fact you were so sure we were getting taken over the whole summer would lead many to believe you have a rather low IQ.

My qualifications, house, car, incoming earnings suggest totally different  ;D Put it this way, I put money on they're a lot better than what you have :cheesy:

My qualifications, house, car, incoming earnings suggest totally different  ;D Put it this way, I put money on they're a lot better than what you have :cheesy:

:lol: :lol:

Guest godzilla

:lol: :lol:

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: