Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

anyone that thinks we're up is a lunatic

the only thing we had going for us was not conceding too many and we're now basically throwing the ball into the net as rafa's coaching starts to unravel under bruce - people blame the individuals for getting caught with passes across the defence but it's a clear symptom of how s*** the system is as we're so compressed there's no way to pass it out other than long ball

strikers can't score, they aren't even getting near the other goal for the most part

players dropping like flies because he's flogged them too early and doesn't know how to manage players' fitness

i thought he'd ride to the end of the season but i'm not so sure, other clubs will try and improve in january and we'll think we're safe

could be on lads  :frantic:

Absolutely spot on that.

The 2 central midfielders are playing just in front of the back four more often than not. This is then inviting pressure from the opposition and as said resulting in the the play being so compressed because there is no out ball through the midfield to start an attack. The ball is then given away cheaply (hoofed) and the pressure starts again. It's so annoying as it's so obvious to see why we only have 30% possession in nearly every game.

3 knackers on a message board can see what's going on, apparently a mystery to brewcey et al :lol:

EDIT: funny thing he changed it at OT of all places and both longstaff brothers were all over the place rather than holding in front of defence, we then get cut to shreds in the space they left behind and it's another shitshow because he doesn't try to play a higher line and press up or anything to compensate, just leaves a 40 yard gap for them to stroll into

it's honestly pretty impressive the man is getting paid to do this :lol:

Yeah either too far back or too far forward, no wonder he has one of the worse % wins in the history of the premiership  :cheesy:

to be fair rafa had a similar problem for a long time, albeit not as bad obviously

i think he only really solved it after Ki came in last season and then longstaff to replace him, that's why we never saw shelvey again - the midfield moved the whole team up with them gradually including CBs, so they were rarely isolated and we got better support in attack, hence we scored well end of last season...did it through short triangle passing

Guest godzilla

the only thing we had going for us was not conceding too many and we're now basically throwing the ball into the net as rafa's coaching starts to unravel under bruce - people blame the individuals for getting caught with passes across the defence but it's a clear symptom of how s*** the system is as we're so compressed there's no way to pass it out other than long ball

strikers can't score, they aren't even getting near the other goal for the most part

players dropping like flies because he's flogged them too early and doesn't know how to manage players' fitness

i thought he'd ride to the end of the season but i'm not so sure, other clubs will try and improve in january and we'll think we're safe

Absolutely spot on that.

The 2 central midfielders are playing just in front of the back four more often than not. This is then inviting pressure from the opposition and as said resulting in the the play being so compressed because there is no out ball through the midfield to start an attack. The ball is then given away cheaply (hoofed) and the pressure starts again. It's so annoying as it's so obvious to see why we only have 30% possession in nearly every game.

3 knackers on a message board can see what's going on, apparently a mystery to brewcey et al :lol:

EDIT: funny thing he changed it at OT of all places and both longstaff brothers were all over the place rather than holding in front of defence, we then get cut to shreds in the space they left behind and it's another shitshow because he doesn't try to play a higher line and press up or anything to compensate, just leaves a 40 yard gap for them to stroll into

Yeah either too far back or too far forward, no wonder he has one of the worse % wins in the history of the premiership  :cheesy:

to be fair rafa had a similar problem for a long time, albeit not as bad obviously

i think he only really solved it after Ki came in last season and then longstaff to replace him, that's why we never saw shelvey again - the midfield moved the whole team up with them gradually including CBs, so they were rarely isolated and we got better support in attack, hence we scored well end of last season...did it through short triangle passing

We need a box to box player (with ability) desperately and a holding player to receive the ball and the ability to keep the ball moving. I thought S Longstaff may have been the box to box player but under Bruce he has looked horrific. Shelvey should be perfect for the holding player (he's not however), but he is playing too deep and directly on top of the defenders, whilst looking for the 'hollywood' ball every time.

Absolutely spot on that.

We need a box to box player (with ability) desperately and a holding player to receive the ball and the ability to keep the ball moving. I thought S Longstaff may have been the box to box player but under Bruce he has looked horrific. Shelvey should be perfect for the holding player (he's not however), but he is playing too deep and directly on top of the defenders, whilst looking for the 'hollywood' ball every time.

i don't how a box to box helps in the setup as it stands, but then i don't see how anything would help :lol:

Guest godzilla

Absolutely spot on that.

i don't how a box to box helps in the setup as it stands, but then i don't see how anything would help :lol:

Any setup under Bruce is wrong that's most of the problem  :lol:

I still reckon Newcastle will stumble over the line to stay up this season, but that is not a confidant prediction.

There is a lot more going against Newcastle this time. Better teams than the last 2 seasons fighting relegation, a worse manager, a defence that is now leaking goals, not enough goals up front and a lack of star quality to win matches by themselves.

Going down on 40+ points would not be unlucky at all. If there are 17 other teams who have gained more points, then you deserve to be relegated.

I can see the table being really tight this season across the whole of the bottom half to be honest.There may only be 10 points between 11th and 18th. Good job our goal difference has been preserved so well isn’t it? :lol:

Going down on 40+ points would not be unlucky at all. If there are 17 other teams who have gained more points, then you deserve to be relegated.

I can see the table being really tight this season across the whole of the bottom half to be honest.There may only be 10 points between 11th and 18th. Good job our goal difference has been preserved so well isn’t it? :lol:

good point another thing to add to the list for pro rafa minus bruce things that are direct contrasts between them

Hope mike Ashley’s club gets relegated.

Hope he looks like a fucking moron on the process - for allowing Rafa to walk. For paying compensation for a coach to relegate your team. For the dodgy transfer of Joelinton.

Hope “nice” guy Bruce never gets a job in the PL again.

Hope Charnley gets sacked by his mate Mike Ashley.

Hope Mike Ashley sells the club one day at a massive loss and loses all his money and wealth the cunt.

It would be pretty unlucky TBF.

Naaaah. I remember when people said that about West Ham but one team had 19, another mid 20s so naturally 3rd bottom would be expected to have a few more points than normal.

Anyone know the year West Ham got relegated?

I’d be quite interested to see that league table.

Naaaah. I remember when people said that about West Ham but one team had 19, another mid 20s so naturally 3rd bottom would be expected to have a few more points than normal.

Don’t bother, it’s too depressing to look at compared to now.

Guest covmag

Job done lads man fucking relax  O0

:lol:

Seriously ok, I stand by that comment in the end, however the football(hoofball) is getting worse, I doubt it was ever any good.I put my hands up and say many were right about Bruce, I defend it when it’s day to day slagging off of fans and the team but I’ve come to conclusion this team is definitely capable of staying up but maybe not under Bruce.So many are going backwards, no real pattern of play, no goals, injuries left right and centre.

Bleak times ahead, I won’t revel in it and fwiw I think we will scrape survival, yesterday was fucking ridiculously shite.

Don’t bother, it’s too depressing to look at compared to now.

Just seen 3rd :laugh:

Job done lads man fucking relax  O0

:lol:

Seriously ok, I stand by that comment in the end, however the football(hoofball) is getting worse, I doubt it was ever any good.I put my hands up and say many were right about Bruce, I defend it when it’s day to day slagging off of fans and the team but I’ve come to conclusion this team is definitely capable of staying up but maybe not under Bruce.So many are going backwards, no real pattern of play, no goals, injuries left right and centre.

Bleak times ahead, I won’t revel in it and fwiw I think we will scrape survival, yesterday was fucking ridiculously shite.

I don’t know whether to praise you for admitting you were wrong or criticise you for being a wind vane...

Actually, too many people on the internet stick to ridiculous opinions; come join the Brewcie pile-on! it’s about the only fun a Toon fan can have these days :thup: