Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Ashley for a start would not let the club sink that low and just say by some miracle he would, then the only people who would probably be interested in buying the club would be chancers like the Sunderland mob. Ashley will not sell the club for cheap as he would want top dollar, he would also not sell to any buyer for the 45 million someone paid for Wolves that's for sure.

Ashley's issue is that football/sport isn't as straight forward as saying "Right, this season I will be successful" (obvious to you and I, I know). So many things need to be just right and as his decision making when it comes to football is so awful and uninformed, he won't find it easy. His ethos of how he wants to run the club is now too widely known and I think Rafa is the last genuinely talented manager we'll get under his tenure. He could of course just get lucky but Steve Bruce is the level now.

As proven with the free tickets, the fans genuinely have the power to get to him so if, when, relegation happens, the fans have the ability to force him to cut his losses eventually. It won't be immediate, I appreciate that, but the fans can force change.

Guest godzilla

Ashley for a start would not let the club sink that low and just say by some miracle he would, then the only people who would probably be interested in buying the club would be chancers like the Sunderland mob. Ashley will not sell the club for cheap as he would want top dollar, he would also not sell to any buyer for the 45 million someone paid for Wolves that's for sure.

Ashley's issue is that football/sport isn't as straight forward as saying "Right, this season I will be successful" (obvious to you and I, I know). So many things need to be just right and as his decision making when it comes to football is so awful and uninformed, he won't find it easy. His ethos of how he wants to run the club is now too widely known and I think Rafa is the last genuinely talented manager we'll get under his tenure. He could of course just get lucky but Steve Bruce is the level now.

As proven with the free tickets, the fans genuinely have the power to get to him so if, when, relegation happens, the fans have the ability to force him to cut his losses eventually. It won't be immediate, I appreciate that, but the fans can force change.

I totally understand what you're saying, I just do not think that Ashley would allow it to get to that point. He has had the opportunity twice now with relegation to get out, but the bloke is such a c*** and so stubborn, that he will then invest to protect his ownership, to try and ensure he gets the money he thinks the club is worth. Is the club worth what he wants, nope, but he is so thick skinned he genuinely believes it.

Our only hope for a sale to happen, in my opinion, is for some mega rich person/company to meet the price he wants. That will only happen within the Premier League as the cost he would put for a club in the Championship would not attract anyone. The boycott did have a mild effect, questions were being asked; but he then just pulls an ace out of his deck of hands and the sheep come rolling in.

I'm not disagreeing that a number of years down there may have an effect, what I just don't think will happen is Ashley allowing that to happen. I would love to see the ground empty (fully not 5-10,000) as there would be ruptures happening then. The support has shown that will never be the case; maybe in the 80s it would, but the general football fan has changed from then.

I do believe if we do stay up and nobody comes in (with the shirt sponsor/supplier deal) this year, then we may as well forget about Ashley leaving anytime soon. I personally can never forgive John Hall at accepting the first bid that came in and thinking of his wealth first before the club. What galls me even more is that the same person sticks up for him at frequent intervals. Of course I want Ashley gone for good with no strings either, I just think he is too cute to allow it to happen the way people are forecasting on here.

I totally understand what you're saying, I just do not think that Ashley would allow it to get to that point. He has had the opportunity twice now with relegation to get out, but the bloke is such a c*** and so stubborn, that he will then invest to protect his ownership, to try and ensure he gets the money he thinks the club is worth. Is the club worth what he wants, nope, but he is so thick skinned he genuinely believes it.

Our only hope for a sale to happen, in my opinion, is for some mega rich person/company to meet the price he wants. That will only happen within the Premier League as the cost he would put for a club in the Championship would not attract anyone. The boycott did have a mild effect, questions were being asked; but he then just pulls an ace out of his deck of hands and the sheep come rolling in.

I'm not disagreeing that a number of years down there may have an effect, what I just don't think will happen is Ashley allowing that to happen. I would love to see the ground empty (fully not 5-10,000) as there would be ruptures happening then. The support has shown that will never be the case; maybe in the 80s it would, but the general football fan has changed from then.

I do believe if we do stay up and nobody comes in (with the shirt sponsor/supplier deal) this year, then we may as well forget about Ashley leaving anytime soon. I personally can never forgive John Hall at accepting the first bid that came in and thinking of his wealth first before the club. What galls me even more is that the same person sticks up for him at frequent intervals. Of course I want Ashley gone for good with no strings either, I just think he is too cute to allow it to happen the way people are forecasting on here.

:thup:

All very fair comments Godzilla.

Time is the only thing that will ultimately tell us and i'm finding myself wishing my life away, wanting to get ahead 3 or 4 years to find out where we are and if we are finally rid of him. I want to enjoy NUFC again.

Sad state of affairs really.

Guest godzilla

Time is the only thing that will ultimately tell us and i'm finding myself wishing my life away, wanting to get ahead 3 or 4 years to find out where we are and if we are finally rid of him. I want to enjoy NUFC again.

Totally agree  O0

Guest godzilla

Totally agree  O0

The other thing we have to remember apart from the actual enhanced cost of the club; is that the club do not own the land the ground is on, there is a major requirement for the Training Centre/Ground to be totally upgraded and also there is no easy option to increase the capacity of the ground due to various restrictions. This is then a major hindrance on future additional revenue options. All these things will also be putting off anyone buying the club; as this is then a huge outlay of money to put these in place, on top of the initial cost of ownership.

Got this feeling a spectacular collapse is on the cards. Bruce is famous for it and the players have obviously relaxed due to the gaffas friendly team ethic.  Maximum 10 points second half of the season.

Got this feeling a spectacular collapse is on the cards. Bruce is famous for it and the players have obviously relaxed due to the gaffas friendly team ethic.  Maximum 10 points second half of the season.

Which will probably be enough to stay up, but that sort of form will spill over into the following season.

I don't envisage anything like that; the absolutely rotten (sorry, attacking) football isn't ineffective enough for a total plummet, plus the mentality of the squad is very good. We just won't do anything remotely impressive. Next season's another matter, for sure.

I think we'll end up about 14th or 15th.  If the season were 46 games, we'd drop  :cheesy:  While I'm not convinced a drop would help in the sale of the club, I am concerned that the longer the club goes with investment in infrastructure the less appealing the club will be and of course the less likely Ashley will get his price if there is a "price". 

I don't envisage anything like that; the absolutely rotten (sorry, attacking) football isn't ineffective enough for a total plummet, plus the mentality of the squad is very good. We just won't do anything remotely impressive. Next season's another matter, for sure.

I don't know, we've only won one game by more than one goal and that was Shelveys VAR walk in.

Add in the mix that we played teams at good times first half of the season and that seems to have reversed recently - new manager for Everton etc - the margins are so fine that we could conceivably win anything from 0-10 games in the final 18.

Bar Villa and Norwich I also don't see many games where we have lost away and that we should be confident in winning at home and with our away form being pretty shit I can see a lot of our home wins turning into away losses

I think we’re down.

Can see the typical Bruce long winless run sucking us right down by the end of jan

Our strikers cant score at all that will.not keep you in a division we have 100m worth of 5 strikers all fucking hopeless