Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

You mean the decision to hire a fat, gormless loser with a proven pigshit record as a manager at every club he's ever been at has eventually come home to roost? Well butter my arse, no-one could have predicted this.

The league table rarely lies in the middle of February, we've been fucking consistently dreadful for months and we're circling the drain for that reason. It makes a mockery of those idiots in the media who have consistently maintained that Bruce is/was doing a good/great job and he's a safe pair of hands and all of the utter wank that they spew, seemingly, on demand. They deal in tired (utterly false) cliches and urban myths that mask the now inescapable fact - Newcastle are staring squarely down the barrel of their 3rd Ashely relegation in 12 years, forget the 7 point gap, that can disappear in a week.

Buy cheap, pay twice. Ashley went out and actually paid compo to acquire the bloke who has inevitably done what he's always done and ruined another yet another football team. He drove Rafa away, forked out millions and millions backing a backward, incompetent managerial moron who's still sunk the team in the shite up to it's neck. You reap what you sow Ashley, you hire and back a loser, don't be surprised when it crumbles and you lose the fucking lot. You pair of stupid, sackless, dense fat cunts. This is all on you two  :lol:

:lol:

I’ve no faith at all in our buckle-nosed, beetroot-faced, bollock-brained boss. f*** off, Steve, you slimy, grovelling, lying lard arse. I hope Hodgy smashes your son’s head in and then farts in your biscuit tin, you ugly rotten casserole-faced b******.

Howay, glad you didn't send that to Alex on DMs, would have ruined the Sunday roast.

Maybe, not ruined, but at least distracted Bonemarrow Bruce from the crakling that was on offer...

You mean the decision to hire a fat, gormless loser with a proven pigshit record as a manager at every club he's ever been at has eventually come home to roost? Well butter my arse, no-one could have predicted this.

The league table rarely lies in the middle of February, we've been fucking consistently dreadful for months and we're circling the drain for that reason. It makes a mockery of those idiots in the media who have consistently maintained that Bruce is/was doing a good/great job and he's a safe pair of hands and all of the utter wank that they spew, seemingly, on demand. They deal in tired (utterly false) cliches and urban myths that mask the now inescapable fact - Newcastle are staring squarely down the barrel of their 3rd Ashely relegation in 12 years, forget the 7 point gap, that can disappear in a week.

Buy cheap, pay twice. Ashley went out and actually paid compo to acquire the bloke who has inevitably done what he's always done and ruined another yet another football team. He drove Rafa away, forked out millions and millions backing a backward, incompetent managerial moron who's still sunk the team in the shite up to it's neck. You reap what you sow Ashley, you hire and back a loser, don't be surprised when it crumbles and you lose the fucking lot. You pair of stupid, sackless, dense fat cunts. This is all on you two  :lol:

Sir, I applaud you.  :clap:

:clap:

At Christmas we were 8 clear with a game in hand, 10 games later unless we pull off a miracle it’s going to be 7 ahead with Fulham having a game in hand. They’re improving and look like they have the goalscorer they need now. We’re now without our goalscorer. I’m worried.

Strange how the final match is Fulham vs Newcastle and they currently look like the only 2 teams involved in a potential fight.

It'll never happen because our GD will be at least 7 worse than theirs, not the other way round, but I think my ideal scenario would be to be 3 points clear going into that crunch match with a 7 GD adv, trail 3-0, look absolutely shite, but then they go down to 10 men or something, and we end up 'hanging on' to that 3-0 defeat, to stay up by one goal.

Relying on others to lose to get the 'job done' is always a dangerous, and depressing, game.

That's your ideal scenario? There'll be heart attacks aal owwer.

Well, I'd generally rather we secured it with a game or two to go, naturally, but if, hypothetically, I could plan it to the very last kick (but with no danger of actually going down), then the biggest, pathetic, limp over the line would at least be a bit satisfying in a perverse sort of way.

The pity for Fulham is that whilst they have improved, so have we. Brighton too, and the teams who look vulnerable to a nosedive (Southampton, Palace) are already too far ahead. That only leaves Burnley, who'll dig in and see it through, you'd expect. I really think it's already over.

The pity for Fulham is that whilst they have improved, so have we. Brighton too, and the teams who look vulnerable to a nosedive (Southampton, Palace) are already too far ahead. That only leaves Burnley, who'll dig in and see it through, you'd expect. I really think it's already over.

I think losing our best (only?) striker and best CB might have an impact though. We looked much much better recently but both players were key to that.

I just did the predictor sheet for the remaining games.

I had us finishing on 38 points, and Fulham on 32. That included us drawing with them on the final day of the season. In the predictor we actually finished 15th, though that’s largely down to me saying Palace will pretty much collapse. The results also include 3-0 defeats against the teams in the top 6 and Leicester. In terms of us the only result I put in there that I think we may not get is a draw against Wolves. Even then I have put in weaker results against teams around where I think we can get something.

All in all I think I was fairly negative in regards to our results, and was fully expecting Fulham to have overtaken us when it was calculating. Also, only WBA and Sheffield United lost more games than us in the league. We finished with 10 wins, and 8 draws, compared to the 7 wins and 4 draws that we have now.

Yeah, our one player capable of bringing the ball out from the back is gone and our one striker capable of scoring 6-7 goals between now and the end of the season is also gone. 2 months of Krafth at right-back doesn’t fill me with confidence either. I mean we’ll probably just do enough but it’s going to be close.

The league table rarely lies in the middle of February, we've been f***ing consistently dreadful for months and we're circling the drain for that reason. It makes a mockery of those idiots in the media who have consistently maintained that Bruce is/was doing a good/great job and he's a safe pair of hands and all of the utter w*** that they spew, seemingly, on demand. They deal in tired (utterly false) cliches and urban myths that mask the now inescapable fact - Newcastle are staring squarely down the barrel of their 3rd Ashely relegation in 12 years, forget the 7 point gap, that can disappear in a week.

Buy cheap, pay twice. Ashley went out and actually paid compo to acquire the bloke who has inevitably done what he's always done and ruined another yet another football team. He drove Rafa away, forked out millions and millions backing a backward, incompetent managerial moron who's still sunk the team in the s**** up to it's neck. You reap what you sow Ashley, you hire and back a loser, don't be surprised when it crumbles and you lose the f***ing lot. You pair of stupid, sackless, dense fat c***s. This is all on you two  :lol:

:lol: Love it, spot on too.

We deserve and have been asking to go down from the day we hired this fat Man U loving w***** as manager. People “worried” ffs  :lol:. Worried about not staying in a league we actively avoid competing in? The Saudi takeover is off and isn’t happening that much is clear and has been for about 7 months now man!

This is just the same old s*** as 2009 and 2016 with Ashley gambling as usual and if he wins it will be rinse and repeat and bacon head here this time next year still.

That perspective is just as blind as the guys saying it’s definitely going ahead. There’s arbitration looming and it’s been confirmed by pretty much every source. All parties are still interested in the deal. Me, like pretty much everyone else on this forum, is hoping we stay up until we know the outcome of this case. While there’s still hope in something better it makes sense to a vested interest in us staying in the league. If that goes to shit over the next 2 months and we’re faced with a future of Ashley and Bruce then who cares.

Royally dont give a fuck up or down now .

The club is fuking grim with Ashley no matter what league and this takeover can fuk off anarl, been waiting like forever and still I read its happening.

Fuck NUFC till hes gone and you will stay sane  :lol:

Ok then if arbitration is going to go ahead then it would suggest to me they would still be happy to buy us if we got relegated. Otherwise if they only wanted to buy us as a PL club then why go through all of this hassle at a great financial cost for a club that could well be relegated in 3 months time?

If they actually were at the table and wanting to buy us only as a PL club and Ashley really is desperate to sell then surely they would have had words with Ashley saying make sure you take the necessary steps to stay up ( such as sacking Bruce for one).

The fact Bruce is still here and Ashley is again doing one of his relegation gambles says to me he doesn’t think our PL status is essential for any imminent sale or that any sale is in fact imminent at all.

Strange how the final match is Fulham vs Newcastle and they currently look like the only 2 teams involved in a potential fight.

It'll never happen because our GD will be at least 7 worse than theirs, not the other way round, but I think my ideal scenario would be to be 3 points clear going into that crunch match with a 7 GD adv, trail 3-0, look absolutely s****, but then they go down to 10 men or something, and we end up 'hanging on' to that 3-0 defeat, to stay up by one goal.

Relying on others to lose to get the 'job done' is always a dangerous, and depressing, game.

I don't understand this viewpoint.

We are a point behind Burnley and Brighton, and 4 points off Palace and Southampton who both appear in freefall.

How are the only two teams involved is and Fulham? For what it's worth, Fulham are clearly improving but so are we (in the last 4 games). However, if Fulham can close a 7 point gap to us why are people writing off the four teams mentioned above when we're 1 and 4 points behind them respectively?

It wouldn't shock me if we got a result of sorts tonight. Such a long way to go and if Fulham beat Burnley in their next game I still won't panic because it keeps Burnley involved too. The preference is obviously a Burnley win but my point being with 15 games to go it is far too early to be worrying about remaining fixtures etc. We need 15 points from 15 games, if we lose the next 2 and beat Wolves we will still be on track. If we lose all 3 let's see what Fulham actually get from their next 3 games which according to most on here/twitter are all a guaranteed 3 points.

I think losing our best (only?) striker and best CB might have an impact though. We looked much much better recently but both players were key to that.

Yeah, our one player capable of bringing the ball out from the back is gone and our one striker capable of scoring 6-7 goals between now and the end of the season is also gone. 2 months of Krafth at right-back doesn’t fill me with confidence either. I mean we’ll probably just do enough but it’s going to be close.

Fair points but we went an entire season without Wilson last year and were comfortably above the drop. As long as ASM and Almiron stay fit we'll force enough goals.

Guest neesy111

Fair points but we went an entire season without Wilson last year and were comfortably above the drop. As long as ASM and Almiron stay fit we'll force enough goals.

We don't have CB's scoring our goals this season mind.  You can't directly compare 1 season to another.

It'll never happen because our GD will be at least 7 worse than theirs, not the other way round, but I think my ideal scenario would be to be 3 points clear going into that crunch match with a 7 GD adv, trail 3-0, look absolutely s****, but then they go down to 10 men or something, and we end up 'hanging on' to that 3-0 defeat, to stay up by one goal.

I don't understand this viewpoint.

We are a point behind Burnley and Brighton, and 4 points off Palace and Southampton who both appear in freefall.

How are the only two teams involved is and Fulham? For what it's worth, Fulham are clearly improving but so are we (in the last 4 games). However, if Fulham can close a 7 point gap to us why are people writing off the four teams mentioned above when we're 1 and 4 points behind them respectively?

It wouldn't shock me if we got a result of sorts tonight. Such a long way to go and if Fulham beat Burnley in their next game I still won't panic because it keeps Burnley involved too. The preference is obviously a Burnley win but my point being with 15 games to go it is far too early to be worrying about remaining fixtures etc. We need 15 points from 15 games, if we lose the next 2 and beat Wolves we will still be on track. If we lose all 3 let's see what Fulham actually get from their next 3 games which according to most on here/twitter are all a guaranteed 3 points.

I admit I am very influenced a lot by odds, and admittedly, particularly in this type of market, there probably will be more pessimistic money going on Newcastle going down, but not enough for us to be 9/4 at most places, whereas Burnley are 8s and 9s, Palace 10-12/1, Brighton 20-25/1 etc.:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

There's got to be more to that than just current money going on, or expected money going on to influence that, and Bruce, injuries etc. will certainly play a part.

Alternatively, if you look at the 'to stay up' market:

https://www.betfred.com/sports/event/17449531.2

Betfred not currently taking bets on anyone bar Palace 1/33, Burnley 1/33, Newcastle 2/7, Fulham 13/8, and the other two a lot longer, so from that perspective, it definitely does look like if anyone is most vulnerable to get dragged into it, then it's Newcastle.