Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

With Bruce in charge best to air on “we’ll lose all our games”...certainly not confident if we ever needed a result against Sheffield Utd and/or Fulham. Don’t think Fulham could get 9 points from their last 5 games but in football anything can happen, and it’s no use IMO basing previous 33 games as an example of Fulham can’t get 3 wins in last 5 games.....highly unlikely but not impossible....I’m at a 2.

The two wins against Burnley and West Ham were massive. It means we will probably be safe by the time we play Sheffield and Fulham, which means we'll have a much better chance of winning those games as well. I don't think we'd have handled the pressure well if we'd needed wins in any of those two. 

If we don’t get any points from Arsenal, that’ll be it until Sheffield Utd. Even though we still might not need the points, it could get sticky again before safety is properly confirmed. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

If we don’t get any points from Arsenal, that’ll be it until Sheffield Utd. Even though we still might not need the points, it could get sticky again before safety is properly confirmed. 

I keep saying this it doesn't matter what we do now as Fulham (as West Brom before) will not get the required points. Both teams are not good enough and Fulham are in absolute freefall. They had the chances with Villa and Wolves to really put the pressure on when it mattered and came up well short. 

Edited by et tu brute

3 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I keep saying this it doesn't matter what we do now as Fulham (as West Brom before) will not get the required points. Both teams are not good enough and Fulham are in absolute freefall. They had the chancd with Villa and Wolves to really put the pressure on when it mattered and came up well short. 

I agree you’re probably right, I’m just saying it could easily get closer before it gets done.

If Fulham don’t have anything in them, it’ll take care of itself. 

16 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Don’t discount us getting points out of Leicester or Man C , decent momentum is with us , you never know . Unlikely but I wouldn’t write it off mate .

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just takes one random win for Fulham to bring us back into it. If we beat Arsenal we’re safe though.

It doesn’t though it would take 2 wins. Until they’re 3 points or less behind us they are out of it.

Just now, et tu brute said:

It doesn’t though it would take 2 wins. Until they’re 3 points or less behind us they are out of it.

If they beat Chelsea for instance and we lost against Arsenal, we’re twitchy. We’re unlikely to beat Leicester then all of a sudden Sheff Utd could have something riding on it. Who’d have thought the year we went down last time that Sunderland would get back to back wins v Chelsea & Everton? Wigan have done similar, Fulham too. One upset win for them and a loss in our next game and we’re twitchy again.

I can only see Brighton getting points from 1 game (Wolves) too. Of all of the teams down there Southampton have the easiest run but their form is terrible. We'd have to have a spectacular drop off combined with Fulham becoming a CL team to get relegated now.

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If they beat Chelsea for instance and we lost against Arsenal, we’re twitchy. We’re unlikely to beat Leicester then all of a sudden Sheff Utd could have something riding on it. Who’d have thought the year we went down last time that Sunderland would get back to back wins v Chelsea & Everton? Wigan have done similar, Fulham too. One upset win for them and a loss in our next game and we’re twitchy again.

Put money on it if you really think it’s going to happen cos you’ll earn a pretty penny. By the way Sunderland, Wigan and which ever club you can think off were not 9 points behind with only 5 games remaining. 

Edited by et tu brute

I’ve said I don’t think we will but I don’t understand how people are so cock-sure of it. I think even a point before we meet Fulham will be enough but I don’t think we’re good enough to assume we’ll get it. Fulham have 3 games against teams in the bottom 7. It’d take something special to win all 3 but it’s not unrealistic. It’s not unrealistic for us to lose against Arsenal & Leicester, then fold under the pressure against Sheff Utd after Fulham have won against Burnley & Southampton.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I’ve said I don’t think we will but I don’t understand how people are so cock-sure of it. I think even a point before we meet Fulham will be enough but I don’t think we’re good enough to assume we’ll get it. Fulham have 3 games against teams in the bottom 7. It’d take something special to win all 3 but it’s not unrealistic. It’s not unrealistic for us to lose against Arsenal & Leicester, then fold under the pressure against Sheff Utd after Fulham have won against Burnley & Southampton.

It’s never happened before with only 5 games remaining and more importantly Fulham are in terrible form and have never looked at any time to be able to win 3 out of 5 games. What you’re saying is very unrealistic, but if you feel it may happen put some money on.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Watford were 4 points clear of Villa with 4 games to play last season. The way I see us, we’re 6 clear with 4 games to go because anything could happen when we go there.

Put money on it then. Not trying to be funny, but it’s not going to happen. Fulham are not very good.