Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Yep, little things like this and the inevitable loss on Friday just give them something to cling to. They'll have Burnley at home knowing it's literally their last chance to save themselves.

Sort of half hope they win tbh. :undecided:

Just to show anything can happen in football: we overturned a 7 point gap with 3 games remaining to win the Championship in 16/17. I know it's heavily unlikely but it's possible and the cynic in me - which always comes out after a defeat - says that could happen with Fulham 9 behind with 4 to go (if they win theirs it's really a 6 point gap they need bridging; the Southampton and Burnley games to win) 

If we lose on Friday and they win on Monday, we'll not get anything at Man Utd...Southampton is probably the one game you'd want to hand pick at the moment given how they've been the last few months....and would you fancy us to take something against Sheff Utd when the real pressure is back on? It's definitely not over.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Fulham have taken one point from their last six games. They've won five games all season. They need to win at least three of their last four to have a chance of survival :lol:

can they beat southampton?

can they beat burnley?

if they do and if we get nowt  from sheff utd, they'll be favourites to stay up on the last day.

Edited by huss9

12 minutes ago, huss9 said:

can they beat southampton?

can they beat burnley?

if they do and if we get nowt  from sheff utd, they'll be favourites to stay up on the last day.

They can win both games certainly, but how likely are they to do that? There's more chance of them losing both in reality. 

2 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Can see Fulham getting 9 points but surely we get that draw vs Sheff Utd. Right?

Right?

What makes you think Fulham can get 9 points from 4 games? Their form is terrible.

We'd only reached 2 domestic Quarter Finals from a possible 24 before last season, we suddenly reached 2 in a row the last 2 seasons. (just for those saying what are the chances of Fulham winning 2 in a row). You've also got the mental factor. If we lose at Leicester, Fulham are going to be well up to playing Burnley at home knowing if they don't win they're down. It's one of a handful of fixtures where the team isn't miles off. We've then got Man City before they play against Southampton. Again, if they go into that 6 points behind, they're going to be well up for it against probably the worst team in the league over the last 4-5 months. Would you then fancy us to cope with the pressure against Sheff Utd? 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

42 minutes ago, TRon said:

They can win both games certainly, but how likely are they to do that? There's more chance of them losing both in reality. 

Over the season we have seen with both Burnley and Southampton that they can turn in performances to get the results on a far more regfular basis. Not seen that from Fulham to be honest especially since that little spell which cumulated with the Liverpool away game when they won. Of course we won't know until the games are played. but currently I'm confident we already have enough points (very luckily I might add)

Edited by et tu brute

I still think we’ve got enough points, but any club, even those with a very poor wins record at present, is still capable of back to back wins…..it’s no good thinking, they haven’t  achieved that all season, a bit of luck, Penalty decision, flucky og etc is all they need……like everyone else I don’t think they will, but there is still that worry that it might happen….and no one would necessarily fancy our chances last 2 games if a win/draw was imperative……even if Mickey Mouse was our Manager🤪

We are still in a great position. Odds-wise it's like 1/50 Fulham, 20/1 Newcastle (in from around 35/1 pre kick off). Nobody would swap positions, but from a Fulham POV, it really is take it game by game - their next 2 are much more favourable than ours, doesn't mean they will get 6 points, probably won't, but game by game they could win them, and it wouldn't be a huge shock, and then if they are within 3 points, with GD in their favour by the time we play Sheff Utd, then this place will be a mess.

Still in a good position, and should really be fine, but not done and dusted yet. I'd say 2 or 3 at the moment.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

In Fulham's 'great escape' season, they'd won 4 in 33 games, then 4 of their last 5.

They didn't have a 9 point gap to overcome though no team has done that in such a short amount of games. 

:lol:

We might as well just give up now. I know it's still massively unlikely but I just don't go along with the 'they've only won x all season' line because we've seen it before from the likes of Fulham, Wigan, Sunderland, in the past. Hoy in the fact we're fucking shite ourselves and it's not over.