Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Happens all the time. Leicester were gone with about 9 (admittedly more) games to go, and they ended up going on a run out of nowhere the year before the league.

Sunderland drew at Man City with a late Mannone error, and everyone thought they were done, but they then won at Stamford Bridge, beat Man Utd, and a couple of other good results and stayed up.

Villa went on a good run towards the end of last season, and pulled a comfortably looking Watford in.

West Ham under Brooking as caretake going a bit further back

Bryan Robson's WBA.

I haven't bothered to find any reactions, but you would imagine most Fulham fans would be apprehensive of their run of fixtures also.

They look largely favorable on paper, but considering their abject form, it's certainly not a given that they'd get 6 points out of Burnley and Southampton.

Could quite easily get 0.

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

They didn't have a 9 point gap to overcome though no team has done that in such a short amount of games. 

If they get 9 points they've got a helluva chance. We'll shit ourselves against Sheff Utd if the gap is down to 3 points.

8 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Happens all the time. Leicester were gone with about 9 (admittedly more) games to go, and they ended up going on a run out of nowhere the year before the league.

Sunderland drew at Man City with a late Mannone error, and everyone thought they were done, but they then won at Stamford Bridge, beat Man Utd, and a couple of other good results and stayed up.

Villa went on a good run towards the end of last season, and pulled a comfortably looking Watford in.

West Ham under Brooking as caretake going a bit further back

Bryan Robson's WBA.

It hasn't though - no team has ever made up a 9 point gap before witthin 5 games (now 4)

12 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

I haven't bothered to find any reactions, but you would imagine most Fulham fans would be apprehensive of their run of fixtures also.

They look largely favorable on paper, but considering their abject form, it's certainly not a given that they'd get 6 points out of Burnley and Southampton.

Could quite easily get 0.

Looking on their threads the last few weeks for a gander, the vast majority of them are saying they're gone. 

Edited by et tu brute

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If they get 9 points they've got a helluva chance. We'll shit ourselves against Sheff Utd if the gap is down to 3 points.

if it does then I would be the first to come on here and say yeah you're right and I was wrong, just can't see it though.

10 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Fulham have played really well as of late but they still keep losing. Their stats against Chelsea were far better but again they lost. 

If their luck does change…we’re fucked….I wouldn’t trust our beloved leader to inspire our lot against Sheffield u and Fulham

Edited by Jinky Jim

Pretty clear to me that they already think they've done enough and have enough points on the board. Very confident they're looking solely at Fulham's results and reacting accordingly, it's the only thing that explains the pathetic lack of urgency today - Fulham lost so we can just coast this one, let them have time and space and we're both one game nearer the end of the season and the gap remains the same - job done. It sums up the manager perfectly, no ambition other than the absolute bare minimum, no attempt to get after a very poor Arsenal, no attempt to try and reel in the 4 clubs within a couple of points ahead in the table, just stay up - 17th is fucking AOK and it's remit delivered for Mike. The team reflects the manager - lazy, unmotivated and seriously lacking in quality, and the manager reflects the owner - incompetent, stale and devoid of any ambition whatsoever. 

17th? That'll do. The manager accepts shit and duly gets it. 

Well, as I’ve said earlier: If the takeover happens this summer, then fine… I’m all for survival. However, nothing suggests such a thing will happen in the near future…if ever, at least not in my life time! So, with that in mind I’d rather have another club surviving… at least they try… eventhough they’re shit…

Edited by maze

Not inconceivable that we lose the next 2 and Fulham win theirs but on the other hand nor is Fulham losing at Old Trafford coupled with us getting a point at home to Sheffield United which will do it if my maths are correct. I'd be very nervous if the next 2 games did pan out that way though.

17 minutes ago, Scoreboard82 said:

Not inconceivable that we lose the next 2 and Fulham win theirs but on the other hand nor is Fulham losing at Old Trafford coupled with us getting a point at home to Sheffield United which will do it if my maths are correct. I'd be very nervous if the next 2 games did pan out that way though.

I think we will lose the next two no doubt, but I just don't think Fulham will win the two games either. I honestly think they actually will lose at least one if not both. Time will tell though as we don't know until the games are played.

Still save in my opinion. There's no way Fulham and West Brom could win all their remaining games. Not gonna happen statistically. So NUFC practically save. So it's understandable the player played that way against Arsenal...

31 minutes ago, veriaqa said:

Still save in my opinion. There's no way Fulham and West Brom could win all their remaining games. Not gonna happen statistically. So NUFC practically save. So it's understandable the player played that way against Arsenal...

I tell you what as much as some try to pick faults with Rafa (not on here mind), there is no way he would have allowed the players to put in that performance. Mind, one of the main culprits, probably wouldn't even be at the club if Rafa was still here. 

Edited by et tu brute

I agree with you, a real manager (unlike Brucie) wouldnt let his players put that kind of performance. But still I understand why the players (in absence of a real manager) thought that they can get away with that kind of performance.