Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I'm quite happy that the PL has gotten a lot of flak in the media for this. And serves them right. Every takeover of a PL club after this will be under more scrutiny with how they handle it then.

Yep, bang on that was what happened.

Time ended the exclusivity. The deal was essentially off between Mike and the consortium. The league also was still no closer to approving. PIF said fuck this, we're tired of having to sit back and take this shit from the PL and its allies (Qatar, other top PL clubs) and the seller is trying to rake us over fire.

Wonder if there's a chance both Ashley & the PL are shitting it now and are trying to patch it back up?

Sure Boris will be on the phone to Masters tonight asking him what he's playing at.

I'm quite happy that the PL has gotten a lot of flak in the media for this. And serves them right. Every takeover of a PL club after this will be under more scrutiny with how they handle it then.

They wont give a flying fuck, dont expect to see any statement from them.

Well well well...

Btw well done again Golfmag. Spot on and first with the info again.

Can’t say this enough mike Ashley is a c***

Didn't golfmag say "the holdup not with pl now" yesterday or is that referring to something else he said? Because clearly the bit about the pl was absolute bullshit no, according to the buyers themselves.

was hoping the Reubens would step in with PCP and just do it themselves. Sounds unlikely.

Genuine question... would it be that easy, or would they have to start the whole process again?

I.e. could PIF have just stepped away and PCP/Reubens have just put the cash up (if they had it)?

My guess is if PCP and the Reubens told MA they would reinstate the contract or agree at X price, the tests would be done in 1-2 weeks and the deal would be done.

Wonder if there's a chance both Ashley & the PL are shitting it now and are trying to patch it back up?

Sure Boris will be on the phone to Masters tonight asking him what he's playing at.

No chance.

They got the outcome they wanted, only losers are us the fans.

No doubt that someone in the UK gov will be worried to fuck that the Saudi's will hold a grudge and pull out of trade deals.