Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

At this time, in this region, for the present and future of the club and the area, this is an absolute disaster.

Yes. The area as well. Ffs

I get so much Jip on here I can't tell if you are serious.

Serious. If everything was to be believed and looking at Man City

Darren Gough saying no one from SA appeared at any of the meetings to answer questions etc as part of ownership make up going back to April. To be fair to him he said from day one it wasn’t happening.

So does that mean the Ruebens and Staveley also led everyone down the garden path?

People can't handle the possibility of this being the case, but who knows..

I'm just curious as to why the Reubens needed a saudi consortium to buy the club, according to the rich list they have a value of £16b odd so why not just buy it themselves if they really wanted to get involved in a pl club

Guest chopey

At this time, in this region, for the present and future of the club and the area, this is an absolute disaster.

Yes. The area as well. Ffs

I get so much Jip on here I can't tell if you are serious.

Serious. If everything was to be believed and looking at Man City

ok

Darren Gough saying no one from SA appeared at any of the meetings to answer questions etc as part of ownership make up going back to April. To be fair to him he said from day one it wasn’t happening.

So does that mean the Ruebens and Staveley also led everyone down the garden path?

I'm just curious as to why the Reubens needed a saudi consortium to buy the club, according to the rich list they have a value of £16b odd so why not just buy it themselves if they really wanted to get involved in a pl club

Just to spread the risk, get the involvement without the full cost, dabble a bit. Plenty of reasons why people with money don't sink it into every deal they make.

Howay, man. Darren Gough :lol:

Maybe we should ask Michael Atherton if he has heard anything?

Try to at least pretend you don't get off on this, Colin (Robinson).

Not Darren fucking Gough

:lol: well I didn't mean Darren Gough knows anything, just that we don't know now if the group were ever genuine or not. 

Just to spread the risk, get the involvement without the full cost, dabble a bit. Plenty of reasons why people with money don't sink it into every deal they make.

I think they genuinely underestimated the scrutiny and opposition to the deal that transpired. Probably thought if Abramovich and the Mansours got through then why not PIF?

Are we where we were in February/March, or is it worse?

Infinitely worse.

We have a shite manager that always does best in his first season.

Likeable and promising players that will likely walk and an owner happy to cash in.

A broken and starved of hope fanbase given reasons to dream for the first time in 13 years only to seemingly have the rug pulled again. People were already walking away in droves.

Lest we forget the incoming inevitable piss taken out of us by every other set of fans and pundits like richard keys and Edward's that will ram the I told you so's down our throats and more so how we are in a great position with a great coach. "Steve bruce deserves this and another season".

This wasn't just hope and while nothing is guaranteed this was as close to guaranteeing seeing some silverware and competing at the top of the table as we could have hoped for. Investment in the club, facilities the community and area. It was a beacon of hope at the darkest of times and its gone. There wont me another that comes close to what this ownership could have done. Not close.

On paper we are no different to february but devastating doesnt even cover it.

Try to at least pretend you don't get off on this, Colin (Robinson).

Just because I could see Staveley not completing a takeover, doesn't mean I wanted that to happen.

It just means I'm not monumentally thick. Just look at the history of all parties involved and it should have been obvious.

My view - Agreement was in place for 300m if completed by a certain date, that date has now passed and Ashley has asked for more money and they’ve pulled out.

Not beyond the realms of possibility with this cunt.