Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Think about it for a moment though and there's no way Newcastle United were ever going to be allowed to become the richest football club in the World. It just wasn't going to happen.

100%.

Ah well looks like us Negative Nellies were right all along and Qatar (who let's face it control World football) get their way again.

It's a real shame for all those who were certain it was going to happen and had hung their hats on it so to speak.

Think about it for a moment though and there's no way Newcastle United were ever going to be allowed to become the richest football club in the World. It just wasn't going to happen.

I think we were all in the mood for an "I told you so post"

Cheers

Get used to it from other fans and pundits like keys ramming it down our throats and how we should he happy with Bruce and Ashley.

100%.

Sadly that's just self-pitying nonsense.

100%.

Probably true though...

100%.

In the interests of balance there was no indication we were ever going to be such, nor was there ever any concrete indication they intend to invest in the area was there? I mean everyone hoped it would be like Man City but we've no idea what they would have actually done, other than more than Ashley obvs.

100%.

Probably true though...

It is true. Never felt real the longer it went on, and that's how it's turned out.

100%.

In the interests of balance there was no indication we were ever going to be such, nor was there ever any concrete indication they intend to invest in the area was there? I mean everyone hoped it would be like Man City but we've no idea what they would have actually done, other than more than Ashley obvs.

I can tell you one thing, whichever muppet passes the PL ownership test when Ashley does decide to sell, they won't be much different to him.

100%.

Probably true though...

It is true. Never felt real the longer it went on, and that's how it's turned out.

It never felt real because of what we've been through and who our owner is though, not because of some conspiracy to keep NUFC down.

100%.

I can tell you one thing, whichever muppet passes the PL ownership test when Ashley does decide to sell, they won't be much different to him.

What's that got to do with my post? Yous were on about becoming the richest club in the world and others on about what they were going to do for the city etc. That was all fantasy.

Is there any way this Mauriss takeover could be good news?

Gets rid of Ahsley and maybe this cunt won't stick around for over a decade.  I'd take someone as bad as Ashley just for that reason.  If we have to have another rubbish owner before we get a good one, let's get it out the way.