Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I am actually feeling more confident than ever before given the MP backing and the country’s financial stats revealed yesterday. I just can’t see the government let this type of investment slip through their fingers when the country is well and truly screwed for the foreseeable

I think the FA's silence may actually be a good thing fwiw. I'd imagine if the deal was completely dead in the water, they'd have came out with a generic statement by now just to stop the flack.

We may get answers but the PIF won't be back in; there are way too many economic challenges happening in the country right now to engage in a vanity project like this.

This is critical to their vision 2030. Not a chance that if this is revived PIF aren't the majority shareholders.

We may get answers but the PIF won't be back in; there are way too many economic challenges happening in the country right now to engage in a vanity project like this.

This is critical to their vision 2030. Not a chance that if this is revived PIF aren't the majority shareholders.

Yeah agree with this. I don't think it's gonna happen but if it does it's gonna involve PIF.

Such guesswork :lol:

They are financing the thing.

No PIF = no deal.

Strange that with oil being worth more now than when they placed the bid........

Strange that with oil being worth more now than when they placed the bid........

It's worth more because they chose to produce less. It's a deliberate rise.

How bad are those economic stats? Just for interest

Given the lack of oil production you'd have to predict a pretty sharp contraction but I think they'll probably be ok :lol:

They've deliberately contributed to the reduction in oil production, being the rascals that they are.

You think the purchase of NUFC is 'critical' to transforming the economy of Saudi Arabia and reducing its dependency on oil revenue?

So many of you have a completely distorted understanding of the importance of this deal.

The Saudis are in the process of imposing unprecedented austerity measures on their population. There is no appetite for this any more.

PIF is an investment fund with billions of dollars in it, why would they stop investing? :lol: 

now is the time to invest if you have the cash, which they do