Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I definitely think I'd prefer to never hear the name "Amanda Staveley" ever again.

I'd gladly hear her name if it's about her still trying to buy us.

She seems a bit shit at it, though.

Perfect match for us then

I definitely think I'd prefer to never hear the name "Amanda Staveley" ever again.

I'd gladly hear her name if it's about her still trying to buy us.

She seems a bit shit at it, though.

She's got closer than anyone else.

Getting close isn't enough though but.

It may well be Pr but given she has no control over the outcome I’m inclined to give the benefit of the doubt.

She’s probably wondering why they had no issue with questionable owners before but now they do.

Who was the last state to try and buy a PL club?

My post didn’t mention states. Also a state wasn’t trying to buy us a sovereign wealth fund was.

To be fair Real Madrid are virtually owned by the state as the Spanish government keep wiping out any debt they build up.

I think the PL would have passed this, which is why they gave assurances it would.  Then the shit show started and they realised it may be best if they found a way to stop it being passed. Hence requiring MBS to be tested. They are in their right to require this but I think they were influenced by BeIN to go down that road. PIF either are too proud to have MBS go through the test or he is just that dodgy they know he wouldn’t pass anyway.

It would have been an absolute insult for the PL to actually insist on investigating the Crown Prince of Saudi.  Can you imagine the outrage in the british media if the Olympic governing committee had  insisted on investigating whether Princess Anne had been a fit and proper person to compete in the Olympics when she did.

The offer clearly was genuine and literally failed due to premier league approval.

I’m not sure what people’s beef with Staveley could be over this mind. I could understand if it was fake bids and such again but this was literally ready to go

Her request for fans to now do their part. That's all. There's nothing we can do.

Yeah, that bit is puzzling indeed. I can only Guess she hoped it might pressure the premier league into a u-turn. Interesting precedent they have set with this though.

Is the reason not just down to PR? Shifts the focus off them and plays right into the boiling ill-will of fans toward the Premier League, engulfs the media's attention in picking apart the fallout too.

I seriously doubt she believed the deal could be resurrected, more of a case of not looking totally inept.

Surely she'd know though, that eventually, the truth would come out.

She could end up looking more silly than just being honest in the first instance.

Sure it will, but the momentum from the initial shock-and-awe withdrawal announcement has been somewhat sapped away, wouldn't you agree? The national press have largely moved onto covering the European finals currently going on and transfer sagas.

Getting some space away from that time-period still works out better than none at all

Plus she (and the other parties) have been able to dictate a relentless PR charm offensive in the meantime, all shaped to discredit the Premier League's objectivity in regards to the process, rather than allowing (much) attention to circulate on the weaknesses in their bid. Consequently, it's led a lot of the fanbase to become completely entrenched behind the viewpoint that NUFC have been victimized, lowering the chances that the same fans would form the opinion that they've actually been let down by the consortium in how they've conducted themselves through the process.

Yeah they'd look silly even now, but the blistering fallout isn't as severe

Just my take on it anyway

That's a very fair assessment and very well done on their part of that's what they've done :thup:

Guest neesy111

It may well be Pr but given she has no control over the outcome I’m inclined to give the benefit of the doubt.

She’s probably wondering why they had no issue with questionable owners before but now they do.

My post didn’t mention states. Also a state wasn’t trying to buy us a sovereign wealth fund was.

To be fair Real Madrid are virtually owned by the state as the Spanish government keep wiping out any debt they build up.

Completely wrong on all counts.

Well shit but not really surprised, apart from how basically how long it took them to bother to tell anyone. (though the consortium too could have been a little more forthright). Nasty reminder nothing good will come out of this era of football really. I do hope one day it all blows up on the super rich clubs

If there was no evidence that could be used to link the Saudi state with piracy then I still dont understand what the problem would have been with saying that MBS had ultimate control? There's nothing in the test that says a state cant own a club is there?

Anyway, yeah this takeover is dead. Will still be interesting to see if Ashley can sue for damages though.

We have been shafted, and there is no reason why the spamming and various assaults on the PL's brand should not continue.

Guest neesy111

The 2 are linked so it's a state in my people's eyes.

Wouldn't surprise me if the buyers have weaponised us just to get their deposit back. Once that is done, off into the sunset they go.

I'm thinking that there might actually be something in this now. Why else would they try to continue this farce?

Knowing all of this have PIF just withdrawn to save face given it would he likely there attempt would be rejected?

I’m also not entirely clear why it’s taken the Premier League so long to make this statement. Surely it could have been done in the following days.

Guest neesy111

Knowing all of this have PIF just withdrawn to save face given it would he likely there attempt would be rejected?

I’m also not entirely clear why it’s taken the Premier League so long to make this statement. Surely it could have been done in the following days.

Yeah the timing is strange from the PL.

Completely wrong on all counts.

So you dont believe that the Spanish government cleared Real Madrids debts about 25 years ago when they were faced with administration?

So are we all going to show the ultimate proof that we are finished with the club by deleting our accounts on here?

Absolutely not, I enjoy the conversation and knowledge of folks on here. I will take little interest in following the club/team/results though. Not much point as it currently stands.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’ll be deleting my account on here if it doesn’t go through like, just wanna be done with it all once and for good if so!