Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

So many angry little men on here  :lol:

I'd suggest Staveley knew full well this would never complete, as she managed to find an owner who wouldn't submit himself for PL checks ffs.

It had zero chance from the start under those circumstances.

Why would she waste her own time as well as everyone else's. Angry little men lol. Go take a fucking look in the mirror man. If anyone in the consortium is to blame its the Saudis. Staveley has tried for 3 years to buy us one way or the other. Its not her fault it fell through. How would she know what the PL would demand?

No point engaging.  He actually believed and repeated Ashley's 'tyre kicker' comments about Staveley.  Believed Ashley.  That's enough to put anyone on ignore.

Surely that's the whole point. Top 6 lobby, they get results. Anybody lobbies against the top 6, they get politely told to fuck off.

You’re arguing that two of the Top Six get results, but five of the Top Six, plus four others, are outweighed by City alone?

ANYBODY lobbies AGAINST the top 6, get told to politely fuck off.

Guest reefatoon

I’m looking forward to this next takeover saga dragging on and disappearing. Surprised how quick it’s come around this time mind. We normally have to wait a transfer window for the next one to show up. Two in the same window is too much to handle.

The PIF deal with businesses and institutions around the world without difficulty, they don’t need to change their governance, only the PL seems to have a problem with the issue of them being a separate entity.

I said they need to resolve their governance issues. They might think they’re sweet, but the PL doesn’t agree.

Any other acquisition is comparing apples and oranges. Even a fantasy PIF bid for Milan (mooted a few weeks ago) would be an entirely different commercial transaction, with different contexts - Serie A seems to be courting KSA favour, and would therefore be more inclined to accept the exact governance structure that the PL rejected didn’t approve.

I’d still like to see some evidence of governance issues they’ve had with other transactions, they seemed to be widely acknowledged as a separate entity across the world even by the WTO.

All the evidence suggests the PL have conveniently used this as an excuse to delay and ultimately derail the deal. Also I’d like to know how you believe the PIF’s ownership model for us differs from Man City’s ?

Surely that's the whole point. Top 6 lobby, they get results. Anybody lobbies against the top 6, they get politely told to fuck off.

You’re arguing that two of the Top Six get results, but five of the Top Six, plus four others, are outweighed by City alone?

Okay, I can accept the logical structure of your argument.

But I guess I have trouble believing that the PL told Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool (plus us and three others) to fuck off re City, but then said giddy up to Tottenham and Liverpool alone re us.

I don’t think any of the Top Six clubs have the sort of power to intervene that many assume. Sure, they have some leverage in some contexts - they will always threaten to break away and form a super league and attempt to hold that over the PLs head, but they’ve been talking about it for 30 years, and hasn’t happened for a lot of good reasons.

I just can’t see an argument that Tottenham or Liverpool could make that would move the PL an inch. What leverage does Daniel fucking Levy have?

I'd suggest Staveley knew full well this would never complete, as she managed to find an owner who wouldn't submit himself for PL checks ffs.

Aye, that's right mate. Staveley put together a consortium of the one of the world's biggest investment funds & Britain's wealthiest men, created a number of limited companies, researched & put together a 350 page brochure, spent millions of pounds on expensive lawyers and put down and £17M nonrefundable deposit, because she knew it was going to fail and just wanted a bit of kudos on NUFC message boards.

F***ing idiot.

Okay, I can accept the logical structure of your argument.

But I guess I have trouble believing that the PL told Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool (plus us and three others) to fuck off re City, but then said giddy up to Tottenham and Liverpool alone re us.

I don’t think any of the Top Six clubs have the sort of power to intervene that many assume. Sure, they have some leverage in some contexts - they will always threaten to break away and form a super league and attempt to hold that over the PLs head, but they’ve been talking about it for 30 years, and hasn’t happened for a lot of good reasons.

I just can’t see an argument that Tottenham or Liverpool could make that would move the PL an inch. What leverage does Daniel fucking Levy have?

Well if the lobby is destined to fail then Spurs and Man U might add some weight to it to mask the corruption. The main thing about corruption is you cover your arse.

Aye, that's right mate. Staveley put together a consortium of the one of the world's biggest investment funds & Britain's wealthiest men, created a number of limited companies, researched & put together a 350 page brochure, spent millions of pounds on expensive lawyers and put down and £17M nonrefundable deposit, because she knew it was going to fail and just wanted a bit of kudos on NUFC message boards.

F***ing idiot.

Spot on!

The PIF deal with businesses and institutions around the world without difficulty, they don’t need to change their governance, only the PL seems to have a problem with the issue of them being a separate entity.

I said they need to resolve their governance issues. They might think they’re sweet, but the PL doesn’t agree.

Any other acquisition is comparing apples and oranges. Even a fantasy PIF bid for Milan (mooted a few weeks ago) would be an entirely different commercial transaction, with different contexts - Serie A seems to be courting KSA favour, and would therefore be more inclined to accept the exact governance structure that the PL rejected didn’t approve.

I’d still like to see some evidence of governance issues they’ve had with other transactions, they seemed to be widely acknowledged as a separate entity across the world even by the WTO.

All the evidence suggests the PL have conveniently used this as an excuse to delay and ultimately derail the deal. Also I’d like to know how you believe the PIF’s ownership model for us differs from Man City’s ?

Neither I (nor the PL) give a flying fuck about any other transaction have ever done - except where it might relate to their acquisition of NUFC. That means I have an interest in BeOutQ and ArabSat as well - because however much people say “No guilty verdict ever”, I’m not alone in thinking those distinctions are... complete bullshit.

And Man City is equally as irrelevant. UAE weren’t being sued by current PL partners, nor had the PL previously attempted to sue UAE entities, when Mansour bought them.

I 1000% agree the PL contrived a result here - but for the deliberate and specific reason to say to KSA “Fuck you guys, no.” Because they have stolen from the PLs buddies.

“No guilty verdict”, “WTO exoneration”, “no direct links”... yup, and Trump had a bigger inauguration than Obama.

F***ing idiot.

Spot on. Best just to ignore the little troll from here on in.

What kind of leverage does it take to get Wembley as your home stadium while you build your new one?

I was all set to post a thumbs up and acknowledge defeat, then I remembered West Ham must have been included in the Top Six without me noticing :lol:

-Mike Ashley and Consortium agree deal

-PL question company structure

-PIF provide assurances from the highest level of government that there would be no state interference

- PL dismiss this and want it to go through a lengthy arbritation process and offer this option after the SPA agreement has expired.

- PIF reject that option and withdraw from deal

I can't understand how there wouldnt be a legal challenge.

The expectations from the PL was that the PIF be forced to go through a lengthy arbritation process for essentially the right to buy an asset they've already agreed to buy. An asset which may be a totally different proposition to the one they'd agreed to buy in the first place.

Selling party is forced to financially support the club (or not) during this phase to protect the value of the asset he's already agreed to sell or find another buyer and risk going through this all  over again and further risking the value of the very asset he's already agreed to sell. 

Meanwhile the fans and the community are kept in total darkness about whether they'll get to be beneficiaries of the mooted investment, an investment which has the potential to changes 100s of thousands of lives.

Surely the PL haven't got a leg to stand on?

Have these Loh cousins ever chopped up journalists or pirated any games before? Might as well answer those questions now before we get sucked in again.

Inshallah they are not quite rich enough to be any threat to the top 6, that should see the bid passed within a week.

What kind of leverage does it take to get Wembley as your home stadium while you build your new one?

I was all set to post a thumbs up and acknowledge defeat, then I remembered West Ham must have been included in the Top Six without me noticing :lol:

Did the PL/FA have any involvement in the Olympic Stadium?