Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest neesy111

What kind of leverage does it take to get Wembley as your home stadium while you build your new one?

I was all set to post a thumbs up and acknowledge defeat, then I remembered West Ham must have been included in the Top Six without me noticing :lol:

Did the PL/FA have any involvement in the Olympic Stadium?

Nope.

Time to just forget about this. Move on.

And time to learn the lessons from this - don't believe somebody just because they claim to be buying NUFC and because we all want them to be telling the truth.

Staveley's done a fucking number on us here like. Again.

So many angry little men on here  :lol:

I'd suggest Staveley knew full well this would never complete, as she managed to find an owner who wouldn't submit himself for PL checks ffs.

It had zero chance from the start under those circumstances.

Yes mate, Staveley's the reason why it fell through. Absolutely all her fault.

Fucking moron.

What kind of leverage does it take to get Wembley as your home stadium while you build your new one?

I was all set to post a thumbs up and acknowledge defeat, then I remembered West Ham must have been included in the Top Six without me noticing :lol:

Nope.

Well, there you go. Well, sure, then your point stands. Wembley was dodgy as fuck - even worse was letting them have two home grounds in the same season. Yup, clear case of... dodginess. Don’t know it convinces me the PL acts corruptly on behalf of the Top Six, but I’ll certainly accept that it was a corrupt decision that benefitted one of the Top Six.

Truth be told, I’m partly hostile to the notion of a Top Six cartel because, well, when was the last time the Top Six finished in the top six positions. Tottenham might well have been CL finalists last year, but does the PL really care if they are challenged (or supplanted) by Leicester or Wolves in the medium term? Arsenal were one of the top tier clubs in the PL almost since it’s inception, but when did they last challenge for more than a CL place?

Like, I get Top 6 bleating, just don’t get why it supposedly gets listened to.

Sheikh Monsour isn't liked to Man City board so why are the PL insisting MBS is? Because they don't want this deal to happen (because of the big six) and they know PIF would never agree to it.  It stinks of corruption.

The PIF deal with businesses and institutions around the world without difficulty, they don’t need to change their governance, only the PL seems to have a problem with the issue of them being a separate entity.

I said they need to resolve their governance issues. They might think they’re sweet, but the PL doesn’t agree.

Any other acquisition is comparing apples and oranges. Even a fantasy PIF bid for Milan (mooted a few weeks ago) would be an entirely different commercial transaction, with different contexts - Serie A seems to be courting KSA favour, and would therefore be more inclined to accept the exact governance structure that the PL rejected didn’t approve.

I’d still like to see some evidence of governance issues they’ve had with other transactions, they seemed to be widely acknowledged as a separate entity across the world even by the WTO.

All the evidence suggests the PL have conveniently used this as an excuse to delay and ultimately derail the deal. Also I’d like to know how you believe the PIF’s ownership model for us differs from Man City’s ?

Neither I (nor the PL) give a flying f*** about any other transaction have ever done - except where it might relate to their acquisition of NUFC. That means I have an interest in BeOutQ and ArabSat as well - because however much people say “No guilty verdict ever”, I’m not alone in thinking those distinctions are... complete bullshit.

And Man City is equally as irrelevant. UAE weren’t being sued by current PL partners, nor had the PL previously attempted to sue UAE entities, when Mansour bought them.

I 1000% agree the PL contrived a result here - but for the deliberate and specific reason to say to KSA “f*** you guys, no.” Because they have stolen from the PLs buddies.

“No guilty verdict”, “WTO exoneration”, “no direct links”... yup, and Trump had a bigger inauguration than Obama.

Well then we agree of sorts that the PL contrived this outcome, and I agree it’s all about piracy. However, the PL are now on record as stating this was about the ownership structure firstly and then would have applied test.

If then they believe the structure is not acceptable due to govt influence, how do they reconcile themselves with the Sheffield Utd ownership. Surely they must consider that MBS as defacto ruler would have influence over the Prince in charge there.

By not making a decision and making some ludicrous offer of arbitration before a decision had been made, will forever leave this process open to cries of foul play, and a very bad taste in the mouth.

Guest neesy111

Nope.

Well, there you go. Well, sure, then your point stands. Wembley was dodgy as fuck - even worse was letting them have two home grounds in the same season. Yup, clear case of... dodginess. Don’t know it convinces me the PL acts corruptly on behalf of the Top Six, but I’ll certainly accept that it was a corrupt decision that benefitted one of the Top Six.

Truth be told, I’m partly hostile to the notion of a Top Six cartel because, well, when was the last time the Top Six finished in the top six positions. Tottenham might well have been CL finalists last year, but does the PL really care if they are challenged (or supplanted) by Leicester or Wolves in the medium term? Arsenal were one of the top tier clubs in the PL almost since it’s inception, but when did they last challenge for more than a CL place?

Tbh, spurs didn't have an option for anything else.  Also their stadium ran £400m over budget which means they are fucked financially in the medium term.

Sheikh Monsour isn't liked to Man City board so why are the PL insisting MBS is? Because they don't want this deal to happen (because of the big six) and they know PIF would never agree to it.  It stinks of corruption.

The board of the company isn't necessarily reflective of who has been subject to the O&D test, it could be that he was included in the test. Although the test was different when Man City were taken over and they are exempt from the requirements of the current test.

Well then we agree of sorts that the PL contrived this outcome, and I agree it’s all about piracy. However, the PL are now on record as stating this was about the ownership structure firstly and then would have applied test.

If then they believe the structure is not acceptable due to govt influence, how do they reconcile themselves with the Sheffield Utd ownership. Surely they must consider that MBS as defacto ruler would have influence over the Prince in charge there.

By not making a decision and making some ludicrous offer of arbitration before a decision had been made, will forever leave this process open to cries of foul play, and a very bad taste in the mouth.

I understand Sheffield United made changes to their ownership structure during the past 17 weeks, shortly after someone asked the same question you did. That could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure it’s not.

And I guess, when it comes down to it, the main difference is that I took a swig of one of those fucking cans I was told to buy and washed the bad taste out of my mouth. I’m at peace with the PL being openly corrupt, that Ashley is here for the short-medium term at least. It fucking sucks, but it’s like getting mad at the tide.

Not true, really - I’m not at peace. I quibble like a proper cunt when I disagree with some people here :lol:

Aye, exactly. If you have a certain amount of money then you can p*ss off.

this s*** is really starting to bother me like :lol:

i refuse to believe the PL, who have a brand to promote and manage, would be sitting there not wanting more competition and better teams/players in the division rather than have more absolute non entities like us stinking the place up

not having it, it's f***ing embarrassing as was that wor flags thing fwiw

:lol: I am so embarrassed because some people have a different opinion to me.

Never let a difference of opinion make you blush you absolute wet flannel.

I'm not the one crying about some conspiracy to keep Newcastle in their place and lock the top spots off for anyone else. It's absolute exceptionalist nonsense.

Nope.

Tbh, spurs didn't have an option for anything else.  Also their stadium ran £400m over budget which means they are fucked financially in the medium term.

In all businesses, if you don't have any options you don't have any options. It's the every definition of getting special treatment.

I understand Sheffield United made changes to their ownership structure during the past 17 weeks, shortly after someone asked the same question you did. That could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure it’s not.

And I guess, when it comes down to it, the main difference is that I took a swig of one of those f***ing cans I was told to buy and washed the bad taste out of my mouth. I’m at peace with the PL being openly corrupt, that Ashley is here for the short-medium term at least. It f***ing sucks, but it’s like getting mad at the tide.

Not true, really - I’m not at peace. I quibble like a proper c*** when I disagree with some people here :lol:

I can relate to not being at peace, forever the thought of what might have been will be with me. It’s a sickening blow to have it snatched away, the fact that no compromise could be found when so many wanted this to happen.

Guest reefatoon

i refuse to believe the PL, who have a brand to promote and manage, would be sitting there not wanting more competition and better teams/players in the division rather than have more absolute non entities like us stinking the place up

I'm not the one crying about some conspiracy to keep Newcastle in their place and lock the top spots off for anyone else. It's absolute exceptionalist nonsense.

Massive flappy over reaction yet again. Nobody is or was crying at all, folk were just shooting the breeze on a Saturday morning. Then you bobbed in all blushing and embarrassed. I actually agree with you to an extent, but I do think there is some favouritism amongst the elite too though. Just makes me chuckle when people use “embarrassed” over some random post by a stranger. It’s such a ridiculous over reaction.

Guest neesy111

Massive flappy over reaction yet again. Nobody is or was crying at all, folk were just shooting the breeze on a Saturday morning. Then you bobbed in all blushing and embarrassed. I actually agree with you to an extent, but I do think there is some favouritism amongst the elite too though. Just makes me chuckle when people use “embarrassed” over some random post by a stranger. It’s such a ridiculous over reaction.

Pot calling kettle.

You might want to reconsider what you think an overreaction is buddy.

Guest reefatoon

You might want to reconsider what you think an overreaction is buddy.

Should I be blushing?

Questions still remain about this deal, but it is much better with the mindset that it is over. I'd like Ashley to sell, he clearly is a willing seller which was previously leveled at him. It isn't just the Premier League, but the consortium have some questions remaining.

Pretty much confirmation it’s over

Jeff Hendrick close :lol:

The amount of time it's taking to tie up a bog standard midfielder on a free man :lol:

Going to be such an awful season.