Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Below are relevant provisions of the appeal provisions:

F.13. Any Person or Club who receives notice under Rule F.6 has a right to appeal the disqualification notice(s) in accordance with the following Rules. However, for the avoidance of doubt, unless and until any such appeal is upheld, the disqualification notice(s) will remain in full effect.

F.16. An appeal under the provisions of Rule F.13 shall lie to an appeal tribunal which shall hear the appeal as soon as reasonably practicable. The appeal tribunal shall be appointed by the Chair of the Judicial Panel and shall comprise three members of the Judicial Panel including a legally qualified member who shall sit as chairman of the tribunal.

F.19. The appeal tribunal shall make its decision unanimously or by majority. No member of the appeal tribunal may abstain.

F.20. The appeal tribunal shall give written reasons for its decision.

F.22. The decision of the appeal tribunal shall be final and binding on the appellant Person and Club.

I don’t understand the positivity. The talking behind the scenes has ended in failure.

Hopefully something comes of the league action but essentially all the talking has to official rejection

Yea I’m a bit baffled by this. That’s how I see it too.

Because there's clear indication that they don't accept the decision, which gives them thr option of seeking independent adjudication, free of bias and influence which has clearly corrupted this process.

How can that not be a positive?

I don’t understand the positivity. The talking behind the scenes has ended in failure.

Hopefully something comes of the league action but essentially all the talking has to official rejection

Because there's clear indication that they don't accept the decision, which gives them thr option of seeking independent adjudication, free of bias and influence which has clearly corrupted this process.

Which is possibly what the premier league want as well as it takes any decision making away from themselves which stops bein getting pissed off with them.

You can't "sue" until the bid is first rejected.

You can't "appeal" until there is something to appeal against.

That is why everyone (well, some of us) are so positive now, even a little bit more positive than we always have been.

If you don't get accepted when it clearly (Chelsea/Man City-wise) should be, then a clear rejection is the next best thing.

That Club Statement by Ashley leaves absolutely NO room for doubt, none whatsoever.

He wouldn't have said any of that if he wasn't very, very certain of his ground, and by that I mean his 'legal' ground.

Off we go !!

Frankly I think the whole thing is theatre from all parties:

• PL don't want to be seen as being complicit in "sportswashing" so they couldn't approve.
  • An immediate rejection ran the risk of being resolved before the season started and we would have become too strong.
  • A deal was struck between PL, PIF, Stavely, RB, NUFC et al that the PL would dawde until it was too late and then reject
  • However, the deal also outlined that the PL would now hand over (guaranteed) approval to the appeals committee, an even more opaque and impenetrable group/process, thus saving face
  • The Big Six shadow cabal has approved this plan of action and the 2020/2021 season script setting up for NUFC ascension is wild.

Doesn’t fit with Caulkin’s cryptic tweets though.

His tweets are pretty clear. Talks have been going on behind the scenes. PIF came back to table. PL rejected the takeover and here we are

What’s this suggestion then of the consortium being confident of approval and THEN this statement comes out, out of the blue? It’s all very weird.

Eh? They were confident of approval. As the statement says “the Club providing the Premier League with overwhelming evidence and legal opinions that PIF is independent and autonomous of the Saudi Arabian government.“

The PL didn’t budge. Rejected it, so the club released the statement

Not sure what you don’t get?

Which is possibly what the premier league want as well as it takes any decision making away from themselves which stops bein getting p*ssed off with them.

I thought this, but then if it was the case why didn't they reject it sooner?

That is why everyone (well, some of us) are so positive now, even a little bit more positive than we always have been.

If you don't get accepted when it clearly (Chelsea/Man City-wise) should be, then a clear rejection is the next best thing.

That Club Statement by Ashley leaves absolutely NO room for doubt, none whatsoever.

He wouldn't have said any of that if he wasn't very, very certain of his ground, and by that I mean his 'legal' ground.

Off we go !!

Someone take the haribo off this guy. There’s positive and there’s you.

Fair play :lol:

Off we go !!

It really is quite absurd this whole O&D test.  The reason it was brought in was to protect the club from new owners that couldn't support it financially or from criminal elements.  Now it seems to have evolved into some else entirely.

You have a willing buyer, a willing seller and a fan base that is 95% behind the takeover and yet the O&D test is being used to stop the sale.  Seriously what the fuck is going on as its clearly a restriction of trade.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Has someone checked on Sean? He’s going to be absolutely f***ing furious.

What a sad man you are.

Unlike you... Who continues to throw names around because they cannot handle being wrong or someone else knowing something they don’t.

Are you going to stalk every single one of my posts? Have other people not continuously pulled Sean up on his irrational hatred? I’ve not seen your responses to them?

If you don’t like what I post, pop me on ignore.

Guest Cheesy Beans

There’s no way MA would release such a scathing attack on the PL unless he was confident all parties would appeal the decision and take this as far as it needs to go to get approval.

Ashley remains confident he’ll be gone.

There’s no way MA would release such a scathing attack on the PL unless he was confident all parties would appeal the decision and take this as far as it needs to go to get approval.

Since when has MA really cared about upsetting people?

Guest Cheesy Beans

Since when has MA really cared about upsetting people?

Since he really needed £300m.

It'll be interesting, for sure. My best guess is that the PL required a director's from somebody who wouldn't give it and disqualified the person on that basis. If that's the case, I think the club has an uphill battle, because the definitions of Director and Control are so broad. But, really, who the fuck knows?

I also don't have any confidence that he's done a ton of consulting with legal counsel thus far. Dude bought a club without doing due diligence.  :lol:

Off we go !!

It really is quite absurd this whole O&D test.  The reason it was brought in was to protect the club from new owners that couldn't support it financially or from criminal elements.  Now it seems to have evolved into some else entirely.

You have a willing buyer, a willing seller and a fan base that is 95% behind the takeover and yet the O&D test is being used to stop the sale.  Seriously what the f*** is going on as its clearly a restriction of trade.

:clap: :clap: