Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Has someone checked on Sean? He’s going to be absolutely fucking furious.

:lol: I was out having fun, nice to see you missed me though.

These new developments don't really mean much at all though do they sadly? The whole farce just continues.

Nobody able to tell me anything about Southampton's appeal then? It's quoted as gospel on here, but all I can find is an article stating the PL took time to investigate the company, not that the deal was rejected and re-submitted? It might well be the case but I'm interested in how people on here know so much about it.

It took the PL 8 months to ratify the Southampton takeover.  They rejected the original consortium takeover on the O&D test, and the guy who put it together then discarded the consortium and made his own takeover bid and he passed the O&D test and the takeover was then allowed.

Guest Cheesy Beans

So, am I right in thinking that unless NUFC pulled the takeover from PL it still stands?

Obviously that's a big thing for nufc and the takeover, but unless nufc state that it's done and withdrawn to the prem, it officially isn't?

Surely they have to apply their test, and ultimately fail it due to insufficient information being provided? How does it just stay open without a decision?

I believe Newcastle United said the PL rejected it and said Masters has acted the w*****.

The PL responded by saying they wont be making a comment. Only for them to then make a comment by releasing a statement, and saying Masters didnt act a w***** & they haven't rejected any deal.

Fair.

Suppose the only thing I'm wondering now, is if the PL should've rejected the deal if Information wasn't forthcoming?

They literally have no cutoff for takeover processes?

Yeah and that is where the PL really want to be hanged for, they should've made a decision months ago over this.  If they have a valid legal excuse for rejecting the takeover then I'm fine with that, but to not make a decision to accept/reject is completely farcical.

Which is why the pressure which was gaining momentum against the PL should have continued.

There’s no excuse for not making a decision.

This does not fit with Caulkin saying all parties were working on takeover behind the scenes and expected it to be approved imminently.

We all know Caulkin's source never gets anything wrong though...

And it's no surprise the club release an official statement that is full of lies either.

What an absolute shit show this whole thing is.

Seems to me that Ashley is perhaps going down the line of saying the refusal of the PL to give a decision on the O&D test by steadfastly refusing to accept the "overwhelming evidence of the independence of PIF", from the Saudi government, amounts to a decision that he plans to challenge.  It's a case of the PL deciding the outcome is to reject the takeover and to then demand the consortium provides the adverse evidence to support their decision to reject.

The feeling I have is that the PL simply don't want to "formally" reject it or accept it. They just move the the goal posts and hope it fades away in a few months. Thats my theory. They disagree and say no, even if not formally.

Quite an easy solution to this:  Publish the formal rejection letter from the PL.

Statement didn't say "formal" rejection. They just get rejected anyway behind closed doors, that's my guess. Same thing, even if not in legal terms.

The feeling I have is that the PL simply don't want to "formally" reject it or accept it. They just move the the goal posts and hope it fades away in a few months. Thats my theory. They disagree and say no, even if not formally.

Same here.  They also moved the goalposts re: arbitration.  If PL had rejected the bid outright, PIF could have taken that to arb.  However, PL said, in effect, "well if you don't like this decision, take to arb". PIF saw this as part of the delaying tactics where each individual decision gets reviewed piecemeal rather than in total.  This is the point where PIF said they're out.

Just speculation on my part.

Quite an easy solution to this:  Publish the formal rejection letter from the PL.

Statement didn't say "formal" rejection. They just get rejected anyway behind closed doors, that's my guess. Same thing, even if not in legal terms.

How was it reported to nufc then?  Has Ashley just made it up?

Getting the overriding impression this was just a typical gung-ho PR move by Ashley

Coming off the back of a successful week in the transfer window, what better way to misdirect fans attention away from his failings as an owner than attack the Premier League

Why would he need to do that? The PL have already given him the perfect excuse for staying on and running us on a shoestring budget. If he says nothing he's already £17 million up from where he started before the takeover bid. Not really sure what your logic is there.