Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Let me add to the above, not only do I support Mike Ashley's campaign of defamation against the PL, I am absolutely delighted that the club personally fingered Rick Masters, the smarmy cunt. I don't care if it's a PR stunt, if it's angered the PL and their sponsor clubs, fuck them.

Masters just looks like a thoroughbred slimy fucker.

No matter who is telling the truth in this....there's no obvious outcome that grants us the FM Sugar daddy perk. At best there's a long expensive court case between Ashley and PL costing both money. At worst and more likely is there'll be a quiet settlement from PL to shut Ashley up and make him go away for a while.

Would not be surprised to see a few more weeks of total silence from all sides now while they try and work a solution to hide which party has been the biggest c***s in the whole episode

Let me add to the above, not only do I support Mike Ashley's campaign of defamation against the PL, I am absolutely delighted that the club personally fingered Rick Masters, the smarmy cunt. I don't care if it's a PR stunt, if it's angered the PL and their sponsor clubs, fuck them.

Masters just looks like a thoroughbred slimy fucker.

Hes got Tory cunt written all over him. Surprised him and Staveley dont get on.

This is pissing me right off now.

Why is he saying (again) that they thought approval would come this week when from what I can see, the PL don't appear anywhere close to approving it. What information does he, the club, and the consortium have that have given them that impression ?

Why is he saying (again) that they thought approval would come this week when from what I can see, the PL don't appear anywhere close to approving it. What information does he, the club, and the consortium have that have given them that impression ?

Probably more than is published in the press

Few key bits from that Athletic article...

With funds in place and ready to be paid, they hoped Newcastle might officially be theirs by the middle of next week.

“This isn’t over,” one source on the buying side told The Athletic, but what that means is not clear. PIF’s attitude will be vital. They had led the original withdrawal and as majority partners in the consortium had the most clout. Privately, it was accepted that PIF would only officially come back to the table if acceptance by the Premier League was guaranteed. This is another snub. How will they react now?

I mean it's a hearsay atm so who knows what to believe.

Maybe the consortium we're confident they had established clear separation between pif and state, but the PL stood firm with their legal standing on it?

Whilst I'm pigging sick of it, I'm intrigued to see what/if anything comes of this shit slinging.

It makes you think that these deals were done with the takeover in mind - Wilson - £20m for a 28 year old on over 100K a week and Fraser on similar coin apparently

I was going to ask if you'd think he'd be so negligent to sanction the spending prior to the deal going through... then i remembered how he bought the club in the first place :lol:

It makes you think that these deals were done with the takeover in mind - Wilson - £20m for a 28 year old on over 100K a week and Fraser on similar coin apparently

I was going to ask if you'd think he'd be so negligent to sanction the spending prior to the deal going through... then i remembered how he bought the club in the first place :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: it's so fucking plausible and hilarious because it'll fuck him.

There's obviously a lot more going on than what the Premier League are saying, including heavy government intervention according to several sources.

Nee wonder Ashley is fucked off.  :lol:

Ha ha aye, that'll be where that statement last night comes from!

Probably more than is published in the press

Of course, you're right.

I'm just finding it frustrating that even after "Takeover 1.0" the buyers seem to be believing something that they are being told by the PL (or someone) that is allowing them to believe it's close. I've yet to pick up any vibe from the PL that it's nearly a done deal.

Nee wonder Ashley is fucked off.  :lol:

Ha ha aye, that'll be where that statement last night comes from!

But for that to happen it would have to have been rejected?

Unless the PL just came back with the same line about arbitration and submitting further people for testing and that has sent Mike into a paddy.

If these transfers were done on the back of the same no red flags shit, then they are all completely dense and we are screwed.

I mean it's a hearsay atm so who knows what to believe.

Maybe the consortium we're confident they had established clear separation between pif and state, but the PL stood firm with their legal standing on it?

Whilst I'm pigging sick of it, I'm intrigued to see what/if anything comes of this shit slinging.

The PL are clearly not that confident of their position, otherwise they wouldn't be so reticent to actually disqualify PIF on that basis.

This increasingly looks like a play to try to force their hand to make a decision.